Windows 10: 2 Questions regarding being a windows insider & reinstalation and ....

Discus and support 2 Questions regarding being a windows insider & reinstalation and .... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello ive wanted to do a fresh reinstall of windows 10 on my pc but i am a windows insider how can i proceed with it? Also i have 2 Hard drives in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Tengu, Jan 18, 2016.

1. Tengu Win User

2 Questions regarding being a windows insider & reinstalation and ....

Hello ive wanted to do a fresh reinstall of windows 10 on my pc but i am a windows insider how can i proceed with it?

Also i have 2 Hard drives in my pc. One is for systems and the other is for files, its there a way to intall windows 10 on my primary hard drive from my secondary?

:)

Tengu, Jan 18, 2016

2. 2 questions regarding photos.

RobertJ Win andone other helped loads. What I did to resolve this issue was to copy the files to a thumb drive. Then put the stick in the laptop and ... lo and behold the icon popped up asking me what I wanted to do. That and the File Explorer worked
    wonders. Photos are on both sides but that is ok. Wife uses some once in a while.

Thanks to all that gave info and ideas. Being new to W-10 I find that like driving a new car with no key, there is one **** of a learning curve..!!

Bill Lambing

WilliamLambing, Jan 18, 2016
  3. 2 questions regarding photos.

Well, it was me both times Bill, but I sure am glad you got the issue fixed. 2 Questions regarding being a windows insider & reinstalation and .... :) If you need more help don't hesitate to ask.

RobertJWin, Jan 18, 2016
  4. cereberus Win User

You need to create a bootable usb installation stick or dvd, and boot from it to install.

Windows 10

cereberus, Jan 18, 2016
  5. Tengu Win User
    I know but will i loose the windows insider status? Ive been with this system for months before official windows 10 launch

Tengu, Jan 18, 2016
  6. What version will this link download?

Marc Hufnagel, Jan 18, 2016
  7. cereberus Win User
    Did you initially upgrade from a valid 7 or 8 licence?

cereberus, Jan 18, 2016
  8. Word Man Win User

Version 1511, aka Threshold2, aka build 10586.

Word Man, Jan 18, 2016
  9. NavyLCDR New Member
    aka November update 2 Questions regarding being a windows insider & reinstalation and .... :)

NavyLCDR, Jan 18, 2016
  10. ok thanks

Marc Hufnagel, Jan 18, 2016
  11. davidhk Win User
    Do I assume correctly that you are running Windows 10 Insider Preview and NOT Windows 10 RTM version ?
    And that you are asking to do "fresh install" of your Insider preview ?

If yes to the above, then do not use the Windows 10 link given to you. It is for Win 10 RTM version 10586. NOT for Insider preview.

The current Insider Preview build is 11099.
    As of now, Microsoft has yet to release an ISO for build11099.
    If you want to do a clean install (fresh install) of your Insider Preview, the only way I know of is to ...............
    Open C drive > open $Windows.~BT > open Sources folder > locate Install.esd file> convert Install.esd to ISO file > burn the iso file to a bootable media > then do a clean install.
    If you are unwilling to go through all that, then a possible alternative is to wait for MS to release 11099 to Slow ring, and hopefully MS will also release an iso file at the same time.

davidhk, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. 2 Questions regarding being a windows insider & reinstalation and .... - Similar Threads - Questions regarding being

2. Question regarding Windows 10 1909

in Windows 10 Support
    Question regarding Windows 10 1909: Wasn't sure where to post this, so please pardon me if this is the wrong spot. I was wondering if there has been any word on whether Microsoft is going to be releasing a 1909 feature update or just skip to the 20h1 feature update. 134723
  3. question regarding windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    question regarding windows 10: Is there any App (preferably free) that will work with Windows 10 that can create photo collages.?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/question-regarding-windows-10/6413a3cf-7b66-4c46-9ae8-4fcae635c385
  4. Windows Insider Question

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Insider Question: I have a digital license for windows 10 home but pro is installed, however I am a member of the windows insider program and have been for years. so is it possible for me to activate the pro version without buying or do I need to clean install home again?...
  5. Quick question regarding windows firewall

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Quick question regarding windows firewall: if windows firewall is disabled from control panel, any rules created in the "advanced settings" section, would no longer apply right? i'm on windows 10 currently and wanted to get some confirmation on this. thanks. *Smile 35967
  6. Question Regarding Bluetooth

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Question Regarding Bluetooth: Hi guys. Just a quick question as i can't seem to find an answer on the web. I'm on latest November build for W10 Pro and Bluetooth is automatically on with no option to toggle it on or off. I've turned off the Bluetooth services etc but still it won't go off. Bit unsure why...
  7. Quick question regarding windows key

Quick question regarding windows key: I got some ransomware on my dell laptop about a week ago. Reading about it I will probably have to reinstall the windows iso through flashdrive. If I wanted to explore other OS's and then maybe go back to windows again if I need to, will the auth key still work? It does not...
  8. 2 Questions regarding the amazing Start Button

in Windows 10 Support
    2 Questions regarding the amazing Start Button: I've two questions concerning the Start Button; 1) I have Word as an icon on the Taskbar but no way can I find it in the Start Button 2) After bringing the machine out of Sleep or Hibernate, the Start Button is still up & showing. Is there a way to have that not showing...
  9. Question regarding reserved Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Support
    Question regarding reserved Windows 10.: I just reserved a free copy Windows 10 from my Windows 7 Ultimate. My question is that will I get upgraded to Windows 10 Home, Pro or Enterprise? Cause I don't want that underpowered home shit. 8739
  10. Regarding Clean Reinstall of Windows 10

Regarding Clean Reinstall of Windows 10: I'm running a dual boot setup, with Windows 7 installed on my first SSD and Windows 10 installed on the second. I initially had Win 8.1, but upgraded it to 10. I'd like to perform a clean reinstall of Windows 10, what would be the best way to do this? Would it be to select...