Windows 10: Open Windows Security in Windows 10

Discus and support Open Windows Security in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Open Windows Security in Windows 10 How to Open Windows Security in Windows 10 Windows 10 provides the latest antivirus protection with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Aug 26, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Open Windows Security in Windows 10

How to: Open Windows Security in Windows 10

How to Open Windows Security in Windows 10

Windows 10 provides the latest antivirus protection with Windows Security. When you start up Windows 10 for the first time, Windows Security is on and actively protecting your device by scanning for malware (malicious software), viruses, and security threats.

*note If you have another antivirus app installed, Windows Defender Antivirus may get turned off automatically.

*note If you're running Windows 10 in S mode, some of the features of Windows Security will be a little different. Windows 10 in S mode is streamlined for tighter security, so the Virus & threat protection area has fewer options. This is because the built-in security of Windows 10 in S mode automatically prevents viruses and other threats from running on your device. In addition, devices running Windows 10 in S mode receive security updates automatically.

*note In previous versions of Windows 10, Windows Security is called Windows Defender Security Center.

Windows Security uses real-time protection to scan your downloads and the programs you run on your device. Also, Windows Update downloads updates for Windows Security automatically to help keep your device safe and protect it from threats.

Windows Security provides antivirus protection updates by showing you when:
    • Your device was last scanned for threats.
    • Your definitions were last updated. Definitions are files that Windows Security uses to protect your device against the latest threats.
    • The Device performance and health scan was run to ensure your device is operating efficiently.
    Windows Security has seven areas that protect your device and let you specify how you want your device protected:
    • Controlled folder access.
    • Account protection - Makes it easier for users to protect their identity when signing in to Windows with the new Account Protection pillar in Windows Defender Security Center. Account Protection will encourage password users to set up Windows Hello Face, Fingerprint or PIN for faster sign in, and will notify Dynamic lock users if Dynamic lock has stopped working because their phone or device Bluetooth is off.
    • Firewall & network protection - Manage the settings for Windows Defender Firewall, and monitor what’s happening with your networks and Internet connections.
    • Exploit protection.
    • Device security - Gives you greater insight into the security features integrated in your Windows device. The Device Security page provides you with status reporting and management of security features built into your devices – including toggling features on to provide enhanced protections.
    • Device performance & health - See status about your device’s performance health and keep your device clean and up to date with the latest version of Windows 10.
    • Family options - Provides easy access to managing your childrens’ online experiences and the devices in your household.
    Youll see that some of these areas display a status icon:
    • Green means your device is sufficiently protected and there aren’t any recommended actions.
    • Yellow means there is a safety recommendation for you.
    • Red is a warning you that something needs your immediate attention.
    The Windows Security interface is a little different in Windows 10 in S mode. The Virus & threat protection area has fewer options, because the built-in security of Windows 10 in S mode prevents viruses and other threats from running on devices in your organization. In addition, devices running Windows 10 in S mode receive security updates automatically.

For more information about Windows Security, see:
    This tutorial will show you different ways to open the Windows Security app in Windows 10.

CONTENTS:

EXAMPLE: Windows Security

Open Windows Security in Windows 10 [​IMG]

OPTION ONE [/i] Open Windows Security from notification area icon
    1. Click/tap on the Windows Security notification area icon on your taskbar. (see screenshot below)

2. You can now see and change Windows Security settings.

OPTION TWO [/i] Open Windows Security from Start menu
    1. Open the Start menu.

2. Click/tap on Windows Security in the All Apps list. (see screenshot below)

3. You can now see and change Windows Security settings.

OPTION THREE [/i] Open Windows Security from Settings
    1. Open Settings, and click/tap on the Update & Security icon.

2. Click/tap on Windows Security on the left side, and click/tap on either the Open Windows Security button OR on one of the Protection areas you want to directly open. (see screenshot below)

3. You can now see and change Windows Security settings.

OPTION FOUR [/i] See and Change Windows Security Settings
    1. You can now view and change the settings you like from the homepage. (see screenshots below)
    Virus & threat protection
    *note Virus & threat protection provides a new view of your antivirus protection whether it’s Windows Defender Antivirus that comes free with Windows 10 or AV software from one of our ecosystem partners. If you’ve chosen Windows Defender Antivirus, your scan results and threat history will be displayed here, or you will be able to launch your 3rd party AV protection app directly from this screen.

The Windows Security interface is a little different in Windows 10 in S mode. The Virus & threat protection area has fewer options, because the built-in security of Windows 10 in S mode prevents viruses and other threats from running on devices in your organization. In addition, devices running Windows 10 in S mode receive security updates automatically.

Account protection
    *note Account protection makes it easier for users to protect their identity when signing in to Windows with the new Account Protection pillar in Windows Defender Security Center. Account Protection will encourage password users to set up Windows Hello Face, Fingerprint or PIN for faster sign in, and will notify Dynamic lock users if Dynamic lock has stopped working because their phone or device Bluetooth is off.

Firewall & network protection
    *note Firewall & network protection provides information on the network connections and active Windows Firewall settings, as well as links to network troubleshooting information.

App & browser control
    *note App & browser control allows you to adjust settings for SmartScreen for apps and browsers helping you be more informed and stay safer online by warning you of potential malicious sites, downloads and unrecognized apps and files from the Internet.

Device security
    *note Device security give you greater insight into the security features integrated in your Windows device. The Device Security page provides you with status reporting and management of security features built into your devices – including toggling features on to provide enhanced protections.

Device performance & health
    *note Device performance & health provides a single view of your latest Windows updates, drivers, battery life and storage capacity. Additionally, you have the option to start fresh with a clean install of Windows using the Refresh Windows feature. This option will keep your personal files and some Windows settings, and remove most of your apps for a fresh start that can help with performance improvements should your device need them.

*note Starting with Windows 10 build 17704, Microsoft added a new assessment for the Windows time service. If Windows detects that your device’s time is not properly synced with Microsoft's time servers and the time-syncing service is disabled, Microsoft will provide the option for you to turn it back on.

Family options
    *note family options available online. This page can link you to information about parental controls, options for setting up good screen time habits, setting up activity reports of your kids’ online activity and managing controls for purchasing apps and games. You can also view the health and safety of your family’s devices from this centralized location.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Aug 26, 2017
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Windows 10 download speed issues

Try this method:
    • First of all from Start Menu, open Settings (Type settings in the search bar and it will appear).
    • locate and select “Update and Security“.
    • in this window, Locate “Advanced Options”. Click on it.
    • In Advanced Options; Click on “Choose How Updates are Delivered“.
    • Turn off Updates from more than one place.
    Your system will not work as a seeder for other Windows 10 users. It will give sudden boast to your Slow internet speed.

lorraine walsh, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Oct 26, 2019
  5. AsRock Win User
    Windows 10 Update

Well just noticed a pretty large one pop up coming in at 914MB, seems it makes some pretty serous updates.

KB3172985
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3172985

This security update includes improvements and fixes in the functionality of Windows 10 Version 1511 and Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview 4. It also resolves the following vulnerabilities in Windows:

• 3175677 MS16-094: Security update for secure boot: July 12, 2016
    • 3174060 MS16-093: Security update for Adobe Flash Player: July 12, 2016
    • 3171910 MS16-092: Security update for Windows Kernel: July 12, 2016
    • 3170048 MS16-091: Security update for .Net Framework: July 12, 2016
    • 3171481 MS16-090: Security update for Kernel Mode Drivers: July 12, 2016
    • 3170050 MS16-089: Security update for Windows secure kernel mode: July 12, 2016
    • 3170005 MS16-087: Security update for the Microsoft Print Spooler: July 12, 2016
    • 3169999 MS16-085: Cumulative security update for Microsoft Edge: July 12, 2016
    • 3169991 MS16-084: Cumulative security update for Internet Explorer: July 12, 2016

AsRock, Oct 26, 2019
  6. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Open Windows Security in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Open Security

2. I lost my windows security, when I opened it it was just blank

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I lost my windows security, when I opened it it was just blank: I lost my windows security, when I opened it it was just blank, I've tried various tutorials on YouTube, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-lost-my-windows-security-when-i-opened-it-it-was/923de610-5b12-46cb-b856-18fdcb072886
  3. I lost my windows security, when I opened it it was just blank

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I lost my windows security, when I opened it it was just blank: I lost my windows security, when I opened it it was just blank, I've tried various tutorials on YouTube, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-lost-my-windows-security-when-i-opened-it-it-was/923de610-5b12-46cb-b856-18fdcb072886
  4. Windows 11 - Windows Security App won't open and no solution works

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - Windows Security App won't open and no solution works: Hello. I've noticed that I can't open the Windows Security App no matter what. When I try to open Windows Security or even the settings related to it in any way, the window freezes and it won't open. I tried a few solutions already posted in this forum, such asRepairing and...
  5. Windows 11 - Windows Security App won't open and no solution works

Windows 11 - Windows Security App won't open and no solution works: Hello. I've noticed that I can't open the Windows Security App no matter what. When I try to open Windows Security or even the settings related to it in any way, the window freezes and it won't open. I tried a few solutions already posted in this forum, such asRepairing and...
  6. My Windows Defender is seems like gone, and I cannot open any of the security center

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Windows Defender is seems like gone, and I cannot open any of the security center: I try to installed games which is not comes from steam or any stores, and after that I realized that the defender is gone, I try to get it back without removing all my games and apps in my laptop but it's seems not work. I cannot open the Windows Security Center or the Virus...
  7. My Windows Defender is seems like gone, and I cannot open any of the security center

My Windows Defender is seems like gone, and I cannot open any of the security center: I try to installed games which is not comes from steam or any stores, and after that I realized that the defender is gone, I try to get it back without removing all my games and apps in my laptop but it's seems not work. I cannot open the Windows Security Center or the Virus...
  8. My Windows Defender is seems like gone, and I cannot open any of the security center

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  9. my windows security not open ..............plz help me

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my windows security not open ..............plz help me: my windows security not open ..............plz help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-windows-security-not-open-plz-help-me/5e99fe64-3500-4016-93d0-02c50f4b5593
  10. my windows security not open ..............plz help me

my windows security not open ..............plz help me: my windows security not open ..............plz help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-windows-security-not-open-plz-help-me/5e99fe64-3500-4016-93d0-02c50f4b5593