Windows 10: 2 wifi devices, can I use one for mobile hotspot?

Discus and support 2 wifi devices, can I use one for mobile hotspot? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, well like the tittle says, I have 2 wifi devices but I want to use one of them for the mobilehospot that's is available in windows 10 settings,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Christoph34, Sep 1, 2017.

1. 2 wifi devices, can I use one for mobile hotspot?

Hello, well like the tittle says, I have 2 wifi devices but I want to use one of them for the mobilehospot that's is available in windows 10 settings, of course I have to bridge the 2 wifi devices right? but then can I turn the mobile hotspot on the second device?

:)

Christoph34, Sep 1, 2017

2. Can I use one backup for 2 almost identical Dell-Laptops (have different processors)

Thanks for taking the time and answering my question but this wasn't quite the answer I was looking for.

Maybe I should rephrase my question:

I have two identical laptops (which came with pre-activated Windows 7).

I want to use just one(!) of them to do a complete Windows 10 installation.Once this installation has been done I want to do a backup ,then copy this backup to the hard drive of the second laptop and the third hard drive.

In the end I will have 3 hard drives (laptop 1/laptop 2/ and the additional hard drive) with EXACTLY the same Windows 10 installation

The question is: Am I allowed to do this (using a backup would save me a lot of time)? All hard drives will only be used between the two laptops.

thanks in anticipation

ToxiTronic, Sep 1, 2017
  3. Can I use one backup for 2 almost identical Dell-Laptops (have different processors)

I recently bought a second laptop identical to the one I have as a backup system.Both laptops came with Windows 7 and DVDs to be able to re-install from scratch if necessary.As soon as Windows 10 is available I want to upgrade both systems.My idea is to
    delete one hard-drive,install Win7,doing the upgrade and finally installing my programs.This will take me a couple of hours for just one system.Can I use the backup which I will make of the freshly installed HDD to copy it to the HDD of my second laptop?

Furthermore I have a third HDD for experimental purposes which I would like to use in both of my laptops and therefore should have the same software configuration.Can this be done without getting in trouble with Microsoft's licensing policies?

Thanks in anticipation

ToxiTronic, Sep 1, 2017
  4. Kari Win User

2 wifi devices, can I use one for mobile hotspot?

Kari, Sep 1, 2017
  5. but the second device, the one that I want to use for hotspot is not connected to the internet, that is why I want to use it only for hotspot, cuz I found that if I enable hotspot in the same device connected to the internet then the signal and performance is degraded

Christoph34, Sep 1, 2017
  6. Kari Win User
    You cannot use a computer which has no Internet connection as mobile hotspot.

Kari, Sep 2, 2017
  7. Berton Win User
    Agreed, the usual use for a Hotspot is to allow other devices to connect to the Internet. Back in the Dial-up Modem days Win98SE introduced ICS/Internet Connection Sharing [along with support for USB 2 drivers], pretty much the same thing which let my wife's computer connect through the Modem in my computer. But as mentioned, the bandwidth had to be shared, really tough with a 53Kbps connection.

Berton, Sep 2, 2017
  8. 2 wifi devices, can I use one for mobile hotspot?

the computer has internet, that's what the first wifi device for

Christoph34, Sep 2, 2017
  9. Kari Win User
    If the second computer has Internet, then it's simple: just enable mobile hotspot. However, you said earlier that it has no Internet:

This really is simple: Hotspot can be enabled on any WiFi equipped Windows 10 device with Internet connection.

Kari, Sep 2, 2017
  10. I said device, not computer. In one computer I have 2 wifi devices, one is connected to internet, can I use the second DEVICE to enable hotspot on that second device and give internet connection to any cellphone around my computer?? If so, how?

Christoph34, Sep 3, 2017
  11. Kari Win User
    My apologies, I have all the time thought that with device you mean computers, not wireless network adapters (NIC).

I do not know how to select which NIC to use for hotspot, and I am not able to test this only having one WiFi adapter. In hotspot settings I can only enable or disable hotspot, not select which NIC to be used for hotspot:

2 wifi devices, can I use one for mobile hotspot? [​IMG]

12. yeah I been trying but can't find the way the select either adapter, windows 10 only gives me the option for the adapter that is connected to internet, I'll keep looking

Christoph34, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

2 wifi devices, can I use one for mobile hotspot?

1. 2 wifi devices, can I use one for mobile hotspot? - Similar Threads - wifi devices mobile

2. Can you not use the hotspot with 2 wifi adapter, one connected to my wifi and the other one...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can you not use the hotspot with 2 wifi adapter, one connected to my wifi and the other one...: I wanted to hotspot my wifi with a usb wifi adapter, but when I installed the driver for it and restarted my computer, the hotspot broke. Well, I can still choose which wifi adapter I want to use and I can still enable hotspot but for some reason the option to choose the...
  3. Can you not use the hotspot with 2 wifi adapter, one connected to my wifi and the other one...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can you not use the hotspot with 2 wifi adapter, one connected to my wifi and the other one...: I wanted to hotspot my wifi with a usb wifi adapter, but when I installed the driver for it and restarted my computer, the hotspot broke. Well, I can still choose which wifi adapter I want to use and I can still enable hotspot but for some reason the option to choose the...
  4. Using Win10 as Mobile Hotspot

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Using Win10 as Mobile Hotspot: I'm working towards using my mobile phone for my home internet instead of DSL. But since I have limited data, I think my best option is to connect my phone to my 2-in-1 tablet as a mobile hotspot, then connect all of my other devices to my tablet as a second hotspot....
  5. laptop wifi is not connecting to mobile hotspot

laptop wifi is not connecting to mobile hotspot: Hi, I am not able to connect my laptop with mobile hotspot. kindly suggest the steps to solve the issue. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-wifi-is-not-connecting-to-mobile-hotspot/693fac1a-add2-4e83-b68f-59f990b2490b
  6. MOBILE HOTSPOT ON ONE PC NOT WORKING!

MOBILE HOTSPOT ON ONE PC NOT WORKING!: [IMG][IMG]Here are 2 pictures of 2 pc’s hotspots. The first one doesnt work. Second one does and shows hotspot name and password on the screen. Both run newest, same version of windows 10. First pc used to work, but now doesn’t. Please help. I have updates drivers and...
  7. Mobile hotspot - vpn use

Mobile hotspot - vpn use: so i'm trying to set up one of my three ethernet connected networked pcs (all windows 10, 64 machines) as a mobile hotspot to be used as a vpn gateway for my apple tv, but i just can't quite sort it out and am hoping for some help. first, enabling "mobile hotspot" works on...
  8. can not access mobile hotspot

can not access mobile hotspot: When ever i update my windows then after I unable to access mobile hotspot option. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-not-access-mobile-hotspot/98d7c862-d62f-4320-9bf7-f0c8cb1d99b6
  9. Why I can use the mobile hotspot?

Why I can use the mobile hotspot?: I have been used the mobile hotspot since last September. Reccently, my enternet connection has problems. The signal shows that it is great, it was connect with my phone, but I couldn't use the internet. I keep fixing by myself, and it got worse. Just now my computer shows...
  10. what is the use of mobile hotspot ?

what is the use of mobile hotspot ?: The mobile hotspot facility available in windows 10 does'nt seem to connect after trying allthe options, then what for it is given when it does not get connected...