Windows 10: 24 hour clock on lockscreen

Discus and support 24 hour clock on lockscreen in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I pretty much have resolved all my niggling little issues with Windows 10.....I however can not seem to get the clock on the lockscreen to show as 24... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Csquared, Aug 25, 2015.

1. Csquared Win User

24 hour clock on lockscreen

I pretty much have resolved all my niggling little issues with Windows 10.....I however can not seem to get the clock on the lockscreen to show as 24 hour clock. I have it set to 24 hour clock everywhere else but the lockscreen. In fact even in the preview for the lockscreen settings it shows it in 24 hour mode, but in reality when the lockscreen comes up it still shows the time in 12 hour clock. So am I missing something somewhere? If it shows on the preview as 24 hour clock, this leads me to believe that this capability does exist. No? Any input welcome. *Huh

:)

Csquared, Aug 25, 2015
  2. Me_234 Win User

Different lockscreen after hibernate and shutdown

Hi all, i'm running on windows 10 version 1511 build 10586.36

i have small question about lockscreen and i want to know how to fix this if possible...

1. after shutdown (fast startup on), lockscreen clock and some icons are big + time format not support 24 hours

2. after hibernate, lockscreen clock and some icon's smaller than number 1 + time format support 24 hours

is this issue from windows 10 or maybe my PC have problem?

Thank's for reply

NB:

The screenshots are not attached because i don't know how to make screenshot on lockscreen

Me_234, Aug 25, 2015
  3. Entegy Win User
    12 hour clock merged with 24 hour clock

I believe your Settings in Settings>region + language determine when a leading 0 is shown. Compare your settings to your mom's.

Entegy, Aug 25, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Aug 25, 2015
  5. bdennin Win User
    I'm having a similar problem. When I start my computer in the morning the lock screen shows the time in the 12 hour format. If I should restart the computer or resume from sleep, the lock screen shows the time in 24 hour format (the time in the system tray is set to display in 24 hour format). It appears as if the initial lock screen used when the computer is booting up does not refer to the system setting for time display until after the initial login by the user.

I have tried to find somewhere to report this to Microsoft but cannot find a location or means to report this problem.

bdennin, Aug 30, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Aug 30, 2015
  7. Csquared Win User
    Thanx Brink...finally got around to giving that a go..( Do not mess with your registry while on migraine meds Lol ] It appears to already be set to 24 hour clock HH:mm....must be a bug somewhere,*Banghead

Csquared, Aug 30, 2015
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

Does it show the 24-hour time properly on the lock screen when you are signed in and just locked (Win+L) the computer?

Brink, Aug 30, 2015
  9. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Ok. It appears that it's just not showing 24-hour time when no user is signed in which would be normal.

Brink, Aug 30, 2015
  10. Can't you just set the 24 hour format your your user
    in Control Panel > Region Formats tab

24 hour clock on lockscreen [​IMG]

and then copy that to the Welcome screen and new users
    in Control Panel > Region Administrative tab

I think that's how I accomplished this ... I'm almost certain that I did not do any work in the registry

Of course the registry mod is retroactive, the admin process is pro-active.

Slartybart, Aug 31, 2015
  11. Brink
    Brink New Member
    It's worth a try Bill. I haven't tested it though.

Brink, Aug 31, 2015
  12. Csquared Win User
    OK ....I am stubborn if nothing else....I found this over on stack exchange, and it seems to have done the trick!
    I've figured out a better answer than hacking the registry... Thanks to zppinto for putting me on the right track. The problem remained that the time format was still US when no user is logged in.
    First activate the hidden administrator user account:

• Run the Command Prompt as administrator
    • Type in net user to see all the user accounts
    • Type in net user administrator /active:yes to activate the hidden administrator user account
    • Type in net user administrator * to give the administrator user a password - always a good idea
    • Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to Switch users (or logout and log into Administrator account.
    In the administrator account:

• Open the control panel and click on Change date, time or number format

• Change the Format: on the Formats tab and click on Additional Settings... button (Note: you may want to do language thing here as well, in order to copy it over to the Welcome Screen, etc)

• Click on Time tab and make sure the correct time format is being used (also the date format, etc)

• Back on the Region dialogue box click on the Administrative tab and click on Copy settings... button

• Tick the Welcome screen and system accounts and New user accounts check box to copy the settings to all the Welcome Screen

Note: my settings took a long time to copy over; thus be a little patient - as the doctor said to the dwarf

Csquared, Sep 1, 2015
  13. 24 hour clock on lockscreen

That's what I said *Tongue

Thanks for posting the additional screens that show the two Copy options being selected at the bottom

Slartybart, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. 24 hour clock on lockscreen - Similar Threads - hour clock lockscreen

2. 24 hour clock

in Windows 10 Gaming
    24 hour clock: The bug riddled Windows 11 cannot seem to even support a 24 hour clock. While civilians use the AM/PM the military uses 24 hour time. Windows 11 cannot so this so its time to stuff it in the stockade....
  3. 24 hour clock

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    24 hour clock: The bug riddled Windows 11 cannot seem to even support a 24 hour clock. While civilians use the AM/PM the military uses 24 hour time. Windows 11 cannot so this so its time to stuff it in the stockade....
  4. Windows 10 setting 24 hour clock

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 setting 24 hour clock: I want to change from am pm to 24 hour clock https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-setting-24-hour-clock/4a70a008-423e-42fe-8d99-208c36c9c085
  5. 24 hour clock.

24 hour clock.: I am trying to change the format for time from AM/PM to using the 24 hour clock. I have gone to settings but this is not offered as an option for setting time display. How or can I make this happen?...
  6. 24 hour clock

24 hour clock: I am using Windows 10 Pro and can't find the setting for using the 24 hour clock. I am getting only AM/PM. I work in the Fire/EMS/Rescue field and all our times are 24 hour based. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thank you...
  7. changing the clock to 24 hour mode on desktop

changing the clock to 24 hour mode on desktop: I have looked in Settings and searched the Clock section and other sections too but cannot find how to change the clock on the desktop from 12 hour mode to 24 hour mode any ideas?...
  8. 24 hour clock

24 hour clock: How so I change my clock to 24 hour time in windows 10 ? I am a nurse and I think and function in 24 hour clock time. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/24-hour-clock/29c261f8-f080-45c4-b623-c85ff5634165
  9. Change to 24 hour digital clock on display

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Change to 24 hour digital clock on display: Change to 24 hour digital clock on display https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-to-24-hour-digital-clock-on-display/867be612-7347-41b8-9ef2-76241f509522"
  10. set 24 hour clock explorer

set 24 hour clock explorer: How do I set a 24 hour clock in Windows explorer so I can see my file saved times in this format? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/set-24-hour-clock-explorer/5bcf1a73-e6c5-48da-92bd-fd361758f92c

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to set 24 hr clock on lock screen

2. show 24 hour time on lock screen

3. Windows lock screen 24 hour time

4. clock lockscreen,
  5. 24 hour time on lockscreen,
  6. change lockscreen to 24 hour time