Windows 10: Send Feedback to Microsoft in Windows 10

Discus and support Send Feedback to Microsoft in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Send Feedback to Microsoft in Windows 10 How to Send Feedback to Microsoft in Windows 10 You can use the Feedback Hub app to help... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by DavidY, Sep 2, 2015.

1. DavidY Win User

Send Feedback to Microsoft in Windows 10

How to: Send Feedback to Microsoft in Windows 10

How to Send Feedback to Microsoft in Windows 10

You can use the Feedback Hub app to help Microsoft make Windows better! Provide feedback about Windows and apps by sharing your suggestions or problems. If you want to be even more involved, then join the Windows Insider program and keep up with the latest alerts and announcements, rate the builds, participate in feedback Quests, and earn badges.

You do not have to join the Windows Insider Program to send feedback (ex: bug report) via the Feedback Hub app though.

As part of the Windows Insider Program, Microsoft wants to get your feedback in real time, so occasionally you will be asked for feedback while you are using Windows. For example, if you open up the new Start menu and rearrange the tiles, you may get a prompt notification from the Windows Feedback app asking what you thought about it. You could then just click/tap on the prompt, and Microsoft will ask a few questions about what you think of the feature or scenario. And dont worry about hurting feelingsbe honest!

See also:
    This tutorial will show you different ways on how to send feedback and bug reports to Microsoft about Windows 10.

CONTENTS:

OPTION ONE [/i] To Send Feedback with prompt notification from Windows Feedback
    1. Occasionally you will be asked for feedback from the Windows Feedback app while you are using Windows 10. You can click/tap on the Action Center to answer the question to send feedback. (see screenshot below)

Send Feedback to Microsoft in Windows 10 [​IMG]

2. Answer the question, and click/tap on Submit. (see screenshot below)

OPTION TWO [/i] To Send Feedback in Internet Explorer
    1. While using Internet Explorer, do step 2 (send smile) or step 3 (send frown) below for how you would like to send feedback about Internet Explorer to Microsoft.

2. To Send a Smile about Internet Explorer
    A) Press the ALT+J keys, or click/tap on the smiley face icon at the top right corner, and click/tap on Send a smile. (see screenshot below)

B) Share what you liked, and click/tap on Send when finished. (see screenshot below)

3. To Send a about Internet Explorer
    A) Press the ALT+K keys, or click/tap on the smiley face icon at the top right corner, and click/tap on Send a frown. (see screenshot below)

B) Fill out the details about the problem you had, and click/tap on Send when finished. (see screenshot below)

OPTION THREE [/i] To Send Feedback in Microsoft Edge
    1. While using Microsoft Edge, press the Alt+J keys OR click/tap on the Settings and more (3 dots) button at the top right corner, click/tap on Help and feedback, and click/tap on Send feedback. (see screenshot below)

2. The Feedback Hub will now open. Fill out the information for your feedback, and click/tap on Submit when finished. (see screenshots below)

OPTION FOUR [/i] To Send Feedback in Feedback Hub app

*note The Feedback Hub app lets you tell Microsoft about any problems you run in to while using Windows 10 and send suggestions to help us improve your Windows experience.

Sending a suggestion or reporting a problem can be as easy as finding feedback similar to yours and upvoting it. However, if there isn’t feedback like yours, then go ahead and create some new feedback for us. You can even attach some screenshots or recreate a problem to help us see what you’re experiencing.

*Arrow Good feedback makes Windows better | Windows 10 Insider Previews

1. Press the Win+F keys to open the Feedback Hub app.

2. Do step 3 (not signed in) or step 4 (signed in) below for how you want to send feedback based on if you want to sign in to the Feedback Hub or not.

Note You will be able to do the following while signed in to the Feedback Hub:
    • Track your feedback and any responses you receive.
    • Search for feedback similar to yours.
    • Upvote or comment if you have the same problem.

3. To Send Feedback while Not Signed In to Feedback Hub
    A) Go to step 8B below to send new feedback.

4. To Send Feedback while Signed In to Feedback Hub

Note After you open the Feedback Hub app while signed in, search for feedback similar to yours and then upvote it, and even comment on it if you like. If you don’t see any, please provide new feedback in one of the listed categories so other people can upvote it. If suitable, take a screenshot of the problem and attach it to your feedback.

For how to take a screenshot, see: Take Screenshot in Windows 10 Windows 10 General Tips Tutorials

A) If you haven't already, sign-in to the Feedback Hub with your Microsoft account. (see screenshot below)

5. To search for feedback similar to yours
    A) Type what feedback you want to search for in the address bar. If you like, you can narrow the search results by the Sort, Filter, Device, and Category options. (see screenshot below)

B) If you find feedback similar to yours, you can click/tap on it to read more details about it.

6. To upvote feedback
    A) If you like, you can click/tap on the Upvote link to upvote this feedback. (see screenshot below)

7. To write a comment on feedback
    A) If you like, you can write a comment for this feedback at the bottom, and click/tap on the Post comment button when finished. (see screenshot below)

8. To Add New Feedback

Note You would use this option if you could not find any similar feedback as yours in the search results, and you would like to send new feedback with details.

A) Click/tap on the Add new feedback button. (see screenshot below)

B) Select and provide the details you want for your feedback, and click/tap on the Submit button when finished. (see screenshot below)

*Warning The details you add will be seen by the public, so do not add any personal or sensitive information.

9. If you like, you can share your feedback with others to hopefully upvote.

10. When finished, you can close the Windows Feedback app if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

DavidY, Sep 2, 2015
  2. David Haz Win User

Story Remix

Hello,

We appreciate the feedback that you have given in using Story Remix. As posted by
    Jennifer Bri, you may send your feedback to Microsoft through the Feedback Hub app in Windows 10. For information on sending feedback to Microsoft, kindly read through
    Send feedback to Microsoft with the Feedback Hub app.

Regards.

David Haz, Sep 2, 2015
  3. Sumit Dhiman2, Sep 2, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hey David, *Smile

Good point. I can't change the title without breaking links, but I did change the description to help. I added the keyboard shortcut to OPTION FOUR as well.

Brink, Sep 2, 2015
  5. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Starting with Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14342, when you create new feedback, the Feedback Hub will suggest categories and subcategories based on the title and description you entered. If you see a suggestion that looks right, just click it to fill in the menus and get your feedback to the right engineers quickly.

Brink, May 10, 2016
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Starting with Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14352, you’ll now see short status tags on feedback to let you know what we’re doing with it. The tags are a short-form way to give status on feedback we’re actively working on or have made changes for. The tags will often be published along with a “Microsoft response” comment that gives more context on what the team is doing. This change also replaces the “Received” tag that you’ve been seeing on all feedback with something much more useful and informative!

Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Send Feedback to Microsoft in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Send Feedback Microsoft

2. how do i send feedback

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how do i send feedback: in the Diagnostic & Feedback you can only ENABLE data collection there is no button to SEND FEEDBACK NOW so how do i report a bug ? thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-send-feedback/ff17c3f5-b494-4378-b013-af2cdaebaf10
  3. how do i send feedback

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i send feedback: in the Diagnostic & Feedback you can only ENABLE data collection there is no button to SEND FEEDBACK NOW so how do i report a bug ? thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-send-feedback/ff17c3f5-b494-4378-b013-af2cdaebaf10
  4. how do i send feedback

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. i can't send feedback on my feedback hub app so i'm sending it here

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    i can't send feedback on my feedback hub app so i'm sending it here: I am not able to use my headphones, the sound only comes from the speakers even when the headphones are connected. I already tried everything that I found on internet that could fix my problem but it seems impossible. I tried changing the playback device on control panel but...
  6. How to send Feedback or Complain about Windows 11 to Microsoft

in Windows 10 News
    How to send Feedback or Complain about Windows 11 to Microsoft: [ATTACH]Like any other OS, Windows 11 has its set of problems, but it also comes with a great community and built-in feature that helps to report those problems. While you should always reach out to experts wherever possible, it is also a good idea to report for anything you...
  7. How to I send feedback to Microsoft?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to I send feedback to Microsoft?: I want to look at feedback that I have previously sent to Microsoft but I can't find the route to sending feedback. I looked in Bing - this pointed me to https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/feedback but that screen says "How to get started. An independent research vendor...
  8. I wanted to send feedback to Microsoft, can't login to app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I wanted to send feedback to Microsoft, can't login to app: I wanted to complain about having to do a system restore where evidentally all my drivers had been changed and I am thinking KB4497165 was to blame because I noticed it after I restored sitting in windows update wanting to install (again I assume). I wanted to log feedback so...
  9. How to remove Send feedback button in the new Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    How to remove Send feedback button in the new Microsoft Edge: [ATTACH] [IMG]Microsoft is always keen to work according to user feedback. Since the introduction of Windows 10, every Microsoft product and service has been getting a feature where a user can send feedback using a dedicated button. It comes in applications [...] This post...
  10. Remove Smiley Face Send Feedback Button in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Remove Smiley Face Send Feedback Button in Microsoft Edge: How to: Remove Smiley Face Send Feedback Button in Microsoft Edge How to Remove Smiley Face Send Feedback Button in Microsoft Edge Beta, Dev, and Canary Builds The Microsoft Edge web browser in Windows 10 is moving to a Chromium version. Microsoft Edge Insider builds...