Windows 10: 3 years later and the windows photo viewer in Win 10 is still broken

Discus and support 3 years later and the windows photo viewer in Win 10 is still broken in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; The biggest reason I'm hating windows so much now.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by GoalsHunter, Apr 13, 2019.

1. 3 years later and the windows photo viewer in Win 10 is still broken

GoalsHunter, Apr 13, 2019
  2. iko22 Win User

How to get rid of raw file support in windows photo viewer?

3 years later and the windows photo viewer in Win 10 is still broken [​IMG]

I have downloaded this, and it did not work; photo viewer is not in the list of programs in Open With or Default App. I used option 2 step 3, followed by step 5 to 9.

iko22, Apr 13, 2019
  3. becca Win User
    Restore Windows Photo Viewer in Windows 10  

Thanks! I tried it, but it doesn't seem to be working for me. I'm sure it's probably something I did on my end....

I tried the 'undo' but photo viewer was still there after I did that. I did step #3 again and it's still the same. I can still rearrange, but can't view in that order. I don't see the photo viewer listed twice under 'open with'.

Any insights? Thanks!

becca, Apr 13, 2019
  4. Clark Ari Win User

3 years later and the windows photo viewer in Win 10 is still broken

photo viewer

Hi,

There are several reasons why this issue occurs, such as corrupted system file or your graphic driver needs to be updated. To isolate your issues about viewing photos in
    Windows Photo Viewer, we just have a few questions:

• Is the issue the same with a different image file format?
    • Have you tried using the Photo app to check if the issue is the same?
    • Is the issue only occurs with the photos that were captured using your DSLR camera?
    • Have you tried downloading photos online and check if the issue is the same?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, to troubleshoot your issue in using the Windows Photo Viewer, we suggest that you run the Windows apps troubleshooter. To do so, click on this
    link. If the issue still persists, we recommend that you update your graphic driver. To do this, we suggest that you follow the steps provided on this
    link.

Please post back with the result for further assistance.

Clark Ari, Apr 13, 2019
Thema:

3 years later and the windows photo viewer in Win 10 is still broken

1. 3 years later and the windows photo viewer in Win 10 is still broken - Similar Threads - years later photo

2. Windows 10 photo viewer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 photo viewer: when I try to enlarge a picture in the photo viewer, they window turns transparent. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-photo-viewer/376a2bf0-7c7f-416e-8ab6-125b0e7e44a9
  3. Win 10 Photo viewer not working

Win 10 Photo viewer not working: I don't know what happened but for the past week or so the Win 10 Photo Viewer App has quit working. I've done a search on this and it seems like others are having the same problem. I've tried resetting the app, no luck, tried the troubleshooter, no luck, I even uninstalled...
  4. can't use photo viewer as default viewer anymore (win 10)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    can't use photo viewer as default viewer anymore (win 10): hi, I always used the photo viewer as the default viewer for all types of images. windows photos is garbage, i mean, using the scroll wheel for switching to the next image instead of zooming? button to see the image's original size hidden in a menu?? what in heaven? not to...
  5. Windows 10 Photo Viewer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Photo Viewer: I'm trying to run the photo viewer that comes with Win10. It will not even open. When I try to run it I get a message that says "This app can't open." Not sure what to do or what information is needed. Thanks, Art...
  6. Windows 10 Photo Viewer

Windows 10 Photo Viewer: I'm looking for a Photo Viewer for Windows 10 Home 64-bit that's as close as possible to that found on Windows 7. I've tried Microsoft Photos on the Windows Store but once I zoom in or make an image I'm viewing full screen, the other options at the top of the screen disappear...
  7. Windows 10 Explorer Deleted Photos still show up in Photo App viewer

Windows 10 Explorer Deleted Photos still show up in Photo App viewer: Uploaded vacation photos from camera to external hard drive. Open Windows Explorer to cull the bad ones, extraneous/duplicates. Did that and when I opened up Photo App to view reduced picture set - they are all showing - even the deleted ones. When looking at the list in...
  8. ERGONOMIC 4000 KEYBOARD STILL no stable DRIVERS ~ 8 YEARS LATER!

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    ERGONOMIC 4000 KEYBOARD STILL no stable DRIVERS ~ 8 YEARS LATER!: My problem is that both my Windows 7 and Windows 10 (64 Bit) "forget" my 4000 settings and Key-Favorites after a shutdown or reboot. So I must totally CLEAN the last install and reinstall again and again with the same bad results, sooner or later. To be fair, this does not...
  9. Windows 10 Accessibility: What to Expect Later This Year

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Accessibility: What to Expect Later This Year: Today we are celebrating Global Accessibility Awareness Day. This is a great opportunity to share an inside look into what’s coming in the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update later this year. Let’s take a quick look back, before we get into an overview of features that will be...
  10. Uninstall Win 10 and upgrade later in year

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Uninstall Win 10 and upgrade later in year: I was using Win7 home premium. I just have tried Win 10 for a couple of weeks and found it sadly lacking and slow! The mousepad needs re-installing every couple of days and wifi keep dropping off, and other issues. So what I would like to do it go back to Win 7 and maybe...