8.1 start menu in 10

Discus and support 8.1 start menu in 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; There was a way to change the start to the way it was in 8.1. I don't remember how that was done. Can someone remind me. 3034 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by whs, Nov 22, 2014.

1. WHS
    whs Win User

8.1 start menu in 10

There was a way to change the start to the way it was in 8.1. I don't remember how that was done. Can someone remind me.

:)

2. rebeccabivens Win User

Start For Windows 10

Now I've gotten use to Window's 8.1 start menu if I upgrade to windows 10 will I be able to toggle between the actual start menu like windows 7 and the start menu that windows 8.1 has?

rebeccabivens, Nov 22, 2014
  3. OzoneMC Win User
    Start screen theme.

Windows 10 does not have Start screen. It has a Start menu, that can be either kept as a small menu or full screen.

No Start screen as such in W8 or 8.1

OzoneMC, Nov 22, 2014
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

8.1 start menu in 10

Brink, Nov 22, 2014
  5. Phone Man Win User
    If you change the option to use the 8.1 Start Screen and still boot to the Desktop you may find that some of your startup programs won't run when you boot. You have to also boot to the Start Screen and then they will run OK at startup.
    Just one of the bugs with W10.

Jim *Cool

Phone Man, Nov 22, 2014
  6. WHS
    whs Win User
    Thanks Shawn. I knew you had written a tutorial on the subject but I could not find it. The search function on this forum does not seem to work yet.

Update - the toggle works now. I wanted the 8.1 start mainly for the Apps. I have a hard time reading them on the new start. I wish that could be made a bit bigger. I have plenty of room on the 22" but it does not react to a bigger DPI. I also tried a few other settings in Control Panel\Appearance and Personalization\Display, but no success.

Thema:

8.1 start menu in 10

1. 8.1 start menu in 10 - Similar Threads - start menu

2. Start Menu and Search Button as well as the icons(sound/wifi connection/battery option etc)...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu and Search Button as well as the icons(sound/wifi connection/battery option etc)...: As mentioned above,my start menu and search button as well as the icons(sound/wifi connection/battery option etc) in task bar are not working after i click on them.All of them does no reaction so i had to manually go to control panel to manually adjust the settings and...
  3. Resetting start page menu layout to default in Win 10.

Resetting start page menu layout to default in Win 10.: Hi.....somehow I lost my original start page menu layout. I can access everything as before, but the layout is different and I have to click on more buttons etc. Is there a way I can get the original layout without doing a computer restore and having to 'customize' things...
  4. No thumbnails in start menu on start-up

No thumbnails in start menu on start-up: Since the April update (the latest one didn’t brick my PC, for a change), most of the thumbnails in my Start menu have vanished when the computer starts up. I know how to reset thumbnails, and that is the solution, but what is the reason for Windows not loading thumbnails...
  5. Language in Start menu program list

Language in Start menu program list: Why does "Microsfoft office Hulpprogramma's" appear in Nederland in my start menu program list when my system language is English. All other start menu programs are shown in English....
  6. Windows 10 start menu crashes

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 start menu crashes: Whenever i open the windows 10 start menu and start typing to search the menu hangs after a couple of letters and closes without letting me click the search result (which are incomplete). The same happens when i try to search sth in the windows settings. The window freezes...
  7. Start Menu tiles, center app/icon text/label

Start Menu tiles, center app/icon text/label: Does anyone know how to get the text in the tiles to center, like the icons? [img] 115908
  8. How to organize windows 10 Start Menu in categories instead of alphabet list

How to organize windows 10 Start Menu in categories instead of alphabet list: In many case alphabetic list is much less use than a list by category, especially you get many items. I used to have categories of Internet, Media, Developing .... Where I can quickly find my items based on categories. but with alphabetic list, items that belong to same...
  9. Windows 10 Start Menu bug makes it difficult to drag one app tile between two other

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Start Menu bug makes it difficult to drag one app tile between two other: The Start Menu in Windows 10 works fine on most of the systems and the number of users experiencing issues with it has dropped significantly, but it appears that some are still unable to operate the Start menu’s features properly. There’s a bug in Start Menu which makes it...
  10. Windows 10 Start Menu will not work

Windows 10 Start Menu will not work: Description Faulting Application Path: C:\Windows\SystemApps\ShellExperienceHost_cw5n1h2txyewy\ShellExperienceHost.exe Problem signature Problem Event Name: MoAppCrash Package Full Name:...