A little something for Windows Insiders

Discus and support A little something for Windows Insiders in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; For members of the Windows Insider Program, we wanted to do a little something to say thanks and let you show your pride about helping us build Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Nov 6, 2014.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Source...

:)

Brink, Nov 6, 2014
  2. Toni Stone Win User

Cortana - Something went wrong. Try again in a little bit.

I did it but no change. The issue persist.
    I also tried on other PC with windows 10 and the same. Is there any way to reset my Microsoft account, because here I see the issue?

Toni Stone, Nov 6, 2014
  3. maloo78 Win User
    Cortana - "Something went wrong. Try again in a little bit."

I have tried resetting Cortana without any positive result.

Since I use my pc in different languages, and Cortana worked FINE in everything but English (US), I checked the optional features for speech recognition.

Even if the Language pack for English (US) was installed, the text-to-speech and speech recognition features were missing in my case! So she could hear me, displayed her text in English, but could not process my voice input due to the missing feature.

Check the following settings:

A) First that all necessary files are installed:

Go to Settings > System > Apps & features > (on link above) "Manage optional features".

You should see per installed language:

- English (US) handwriting (maybe only if on a tablet)

- English (US) optical character recognition

- English (US) speech recognition

- English (US) text-to-speech

- English (US) typing.

Add them if necessary - I recommend doing one by one - and reboot your pc.

B) that they are properly selected

- Go to Settings > Time & Language > Region & language > Set to United States as region and English (US) as default language (the keyboard input can be from a different country, in case you are not using US hardware keyboards). Also check the additional
    date, time and regional settings

- Go to Settings > Time & Language > Speech > English (United States) and possibly Text-to Speech to Zira Mobile.

Apply and (if your pc was on a different language before) reboot.

For me that solved the issue. Hope it works for you!

maloo78, Nov 6, 2014
  4. Charlie Win User

Nice. I have a 10 desktop folder that needs more wallpapers for my shuffle. I like the one with the crane in the clouds. And the one with the hidden ten is cool also. Thanks for the heads up Brink.

Charlie, Nov 6, 2014
  5. Zen00 Win User
    I'd probably cut off the "I'm a Win Insider" logo before using them.

Zen00, Nov 7, 2014
  6. Jazz Win User
    Wow nice wallpaper
    thanks @Brink for Info *Smile

Jazz, Nov 7, 2014
  7. CountMike New Member
    Whose very young grandson made those and did he get any royalties for it ?

CountMike, Nov 7, 2014
  8. Barman58 Win User

Other crane based wallpapers are available *Wink

A little something for Windows Insiders [​IMG]

Barman58, Nov 7, 2014
  9. davehc Win User
    Yeah. I love this bit
    "They are offered for download solely for your own personal use under the Microsoft Terms of Use and General Microsoft Trademark Guidelines. Any other use, including redistribution, alteration, or commercial use, of the desktop images is prohibited."

Not exactly Leonard da Vinci!!

davehc, Nov 7, 2014
  10. CountMike New Member
    Yeah. I love this bit
    "They are offered for download solely for your own personal use under the Microsoft Terms of Use and General Microsoft Trademark Guidelines. Any other use, including redistribution, alteration, or commercial use, of the desktop images is prohibited."

Not exactly Leonard da Vinci!! Hey, it's not even Andy Warhol !!!!

CountMike, Nov 7, 2014
  11. paulsalter Win User
    Nice backgrounds, cheers for info

I quite like the first red coloured one

paulsalter, Nov 7, 2014
  12. davehc Win User
    Not sure? Joke? right?

davehc, Nov 7, 2014
  13. BunnyJ New Member

@Brink... Thanks..

Jeff *Biggrin

BunnyJ, Nov 7, 2014
  14. Layback Bear Win User
    I won't use any of them but it is nice to get a little thank you from Microsoft.

Layback Bear, Nov 8, 2014
  15. Phone Man Win User
    Watch out for the Black Helicopters. MS will get you.

Jim *Busted

Phone Man, Nov 8, 2014
Thema:

1. A little something for Windows Insiders - Similar Threads - little something Insiders

2. Windows 10 Computer not accessing home network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Computer not accessing home network: One of the Windows 10 computers on my home network is not accessing other computers on the network even though I have checked no password required in advanced settings. Can anyone help me?...
  3. STEELSERIES Siberia 150 Wont work with the xbox app on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    STEELSERIES Siberia 150 Wont work with the xbox app on Windows 10: Hi everyone i just bought this USB headseat from steelseries and it works really well with anything and what i mean by that is i use it on Discord, Skype and in game chats but when it comes to the xbox app i get this: The sampling rate for your microphone is not supported...
  4. Windows 10 Photos

Windows 10 Photos: windows 10 photos stop working, Reset & Repair dose not respond on it … cant uninstall app and cant reinstalls it … how can I fix this ridicules problem on WINDOWS 10 !! I need to see my photos somehow dear Microsoft …. if its a application why you don't put the app...
  5. Windows 10 is glacial in performance

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 is glacial in performance: My laptop is really running slowly at the moment. I sorted it out when it happened the other day when it first happened by doing a windows 10 update trouble shoot, but this time it didn't make any difference when I did it again. All programs run slow and performance manager...
  6. Microsoft’s Movies and TV app for Windows 10 gets Timeline support on Insider Rings

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft’s Movies and TV app for Windows 10 gets Timeline support on Insider Rings: Movies and TV (also known as Films and TV in some regions) is getting a new update with major improvements. The latest update for Movies and TV app advances it to version Movies and TV app for Windows 10 is picking up an update on Fast Ring with a couple of new features. To...
  7. Windows 10 Edge

Windows 10 Edge: After an update, browser pages are opening in Internet explorer, not Edge. How can I correct? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-outlook_mail/windows-10-edge/59845d31-ccf8-4a95-b032-e63365187347
  8. WiFi dropping in Windows 10...

in Windows 10 Customization
    WiFi dropping in Windows 10...: My issue is with Windows 10 and my WiFi continually dropping...I'll be in the middle of working on a website (for a client or myself), and "you're not online" pops up...then, I have to stop & MANUALLY re-start the WiFi...AGAIN...several times!!! It's so fracking frustrating!!...
  9. Windows 10 built in apps not working after an update

Windows 10 built in apps not working after an update: Hi Don't know which update screwed this up but I now no longer have access to Win 10 built in apps such as calculator, photos, etc. I tried a app reset on calculator, but that didn't work and is now not showing at all. I have tried the following: Get-AppXPackage |...
  10. windows menu and emails not opening

windows menu and emails not opening: Hi there my windows menu will not open even if i click the windows key, my emails and windows store are also not opening... i have ran powershell but nothing seemed to be wrong...