Windows 10: A little something for Windows Insiders

Discus and support A little something for Windows Insiders in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; For members of the Windows Insider Program, we wanted to do a little something to say thanks and let you show your pride about helping us build Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Nov 6, 2014.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

A little something for Windows Insiders

Source...

:)

Brink, Nov 6, 2014

2. Cortana - Something went wrong. Try again in a little bit.

I did it but no change. The issue persist.
    I also tried on other PC with windows 10 and the same. Is there any way to reset my Microsoft account, because here I see the issue?

Toni Stone, Nov 6, 2014
  3. maloo78 Win User
    Cortana - "Something went wrong. Try again in a little bit."

I have tried resetting Cortana without any positive result.

Since I use my pc in different languages, and Cortana worked FINE in everything but English (US), I checked the optional features for speech recognition.

Even if the Language pack for English (US) was installed, the text-to-speech and speech recognition features were missing in my case! So she could hear me, displayed her text in English, but could not process my voice input due to the missing feature.

Check the following settings:

A) First that all necessary files are installed:

Go to Settings > System > Apps & features > (on link above) "Manage optional features".

You should see per installed language:

- English (US) handwriting (maybe only if on a tablet)

- English (US) optical character recognition

- English (US) speech recognition

- English (US) text-to-speech

- English (US) typing.

Add them if necessary - I recommend doing one by one - and reboot your pc.

B) that they are properly selected

- Go to Settings > Time & Language > Region & language > Set to United States as region and English (US) as default language (the keyboard input can be from a different country, in case you are not using US hardware keyboards). Also check the additional
    date, time and regional settings

- Go to Settings > Time & Language > Speech > English (United States) and possibly Text-to Speech to Zira Mobile.

Apply and (if your pc was on a different language before) reboot.

For me that solved the issue. Hope it works for you!

maloo78, Nov 6, 2014
  4. Charlie Win User

Nice. I have a 10 desktop folder that needs more wallpapers for my shuffle. I like the one with the crane in the clouds. And the one with the hidden ten is cool also. Thanks for the heads up Brink.

Charlie, Nov 6, 2014
  5. Zen00 Win User
    I'd probably cut off the "I'm a Win Insider" logo before using them.

Zen00, Nov 7, 2014
  6. Jazz Win User
    Wow nice wallpaper
    thanks @Brink for Info *Smile

Jazz, Nov 7, 2014
  7. CountMike New Member
    Whose very young grandson made those and did he get any royalties for it ?

CountMike, Nov 7, 2014
  8. Barman58 Win User

Other crane based wallpapers are available *Wink

A little something for Windows Insiders [​IMG]

Barman58, Nov 7, 2014
  9. davehc Win User
    Yeah. I love this bit
    "They are offered for download solely for your own personal use under the Microsoft Terms of Use and General Microsoft Trademark Guidelines. Any other use, including redistribution, alteration, or commercial use, of the desktop images is prohibited."

Not exactly Leonard da Vinci!!

davehc, Nov 7, 2014
  10. CountMike New Member
    Yeah. I love this bit
    "They are offered for download solely for your own personal use under the Microsoft Terms of Use and General Microsoft Trademark Guidelines. Any other use, including redistribution, alteration, or commercial use, of the desktop images is prohibited."

Not exactly Leonard da Vinci!! Hey, it's not even Andy Warhol !!!!

CountMike, Nov 7, 2014
  11. Nice backgrounds, cheers for info

I quite like the first red coloured one

paulsalter, Nov 7, 2014
  12. davehc Win User
    Not sure? Joke? right?

davehc, Nov 7, 2014
  13. BunnyJ New Member

@Brink... Thanks..

Jeff *Biggrin

BunnyJ, Nov 7, 2014
  14. I won't use any of them but it is nice to get a little thank you from Microsoft.

Layback Bear, Nov 8, 2014
  15. Phone Man Win User
    Watch out for the Black Helicopters. MS will get you.

Jim *Busted

Phone Man, Nov 8, 2014
Thema:

1. A little something for Windows Insiders - Similar Threads - little something Insiders

2. The little screen on the top.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The little screen on the top.: How do I get rid of the little duplicate page that shows up on Microsoft Edge. It is on the very top. Closing it closes everything. I am new to Edge and find this so annoying. JoyCr...
  3. Meltdown/Spectre & Antivirus little Question

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Meltdown/Spectre & Antivirus little Question: Hi All Currently running Avast Free on all systems, Malwarebytes Free on all system as secondary scanner, now what i'm wondering is if i'd be safe if I choose to use Defender and Malwarebytes Free when Redstone 4 is Offical next month, as not sure if Avast slows things...
  4. Irritating little icon glitch

Irritating little icon glitch: On my start menu, the tiled part, all my icons have the same blue background, except Firefox and Thunderbird which are butt ugly gray. Chrome was also gray but I managed to change it by renaming chrome.VisualElementsManifest.xml to chrome.VisualElementsManifest.xml.bk and...
  5. need a little help

need a little help: Hello, I have Windows 10 build 10166 installed on my Sager laptop. Tried to install intel extreme tuning utility but get a message "check to see if you have sufficient privileges to start 3xtu services" However it installed without a hitch on my Alienware 17 which has the...
  6. Little to no audio

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Little to no audio: Have just got my Asus G750JM ROG up to spec with 10 except that it will npot play any audio through my Logitec Z313 system. Have tried all the usaul things but the list of drivers fpr 10 OS does not have any audio ones. Now this system was flawless running 7 as there was...
  7. A little help please

in Windows 10 Support
    A little help please: Hello guys! I have an asus n56vv and I recently mounted an ssd and placed the old hdd in the optical caddy so I can use both of them. Of course the ssd has the os on it, because that was the whole idea of upgrading. However, I am having some problems. First, the hdd does not...
  8. Very little Aero Glass?

in Windows 10 Support
    Very little Aero Glass?: While it seems that while Aero Glass is back as promised, it hardly appears anywhere compared to Vista/7. None of the "Modern UI" style apps in Windows 10 have any hint of it, which I kind of expected, but it's also been taken out of title bars and window borders for...
  9. A little help needed please

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    A little help needed please: I am just about to do my 'Clean Install' of Windows 10. I was given the instructions shown below and I have disconnected the other drives and have restarted the machine, pressed F12 for the boot options and have requested it boot from the USB drive on which I downloaded the...
  10. Is something wrong with Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is something wrong with Windows 10?: On all my computers, I downloaded the updater from microsoft website. It showed me that I am not using the latest version of Windows 10, so I used this updater tool, but it will just Download Windows, then Verify and then Download again, and then show me an Error code. The...