Windows 10: A new prompt

Discus and support A new prompt in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hello All: After other persons playback musics in my pc, the pc become very very slow! Even I open my email account needing 2-minute. I... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by HonglinZhao, Jan 29, 2019.

1. A new prompt

Hello All:

After other persons playback musics in my pc, the pc become very very slow!

Even I open my email account needing 2-minute.

I restarted the pc. By the end of the restart, on the stray appeared a new, I never saw,

icon. I click it, it prompted a window and said:

Run quick scan

check for protection updates

view notification options

view security dashboard

It seems that the system reminded me to Run and scan and Check ... and view ...

Where do I do these actions? What wrong with my PC?

--- Zhao

:)

HonglinZhao, Jan 29, 2019
  2. Bree Win User

Installation media boots to command prompt

I've just booted from known working install media to see exactly what it does when booting. The sequence of events is...

1. Windows logo on a black screen
    2. circling dots appear beneath the logo
    3. light blue 'Please wait' screen with circling dots
    4. a command prompt window (very briefly)
    5. the initial Setup page appears

Do you see steps 1-3? If so, it appears you have stopped at step 4, suggesting that something on the disc cannot be read.

Does the disc boot properly in another machine? If so, try cleaning the laptop's drive lens then try booting from the disc again.

If not, make new install media with Microsoft's Media Creation Tool, either as a bootable USB, on an ISO that you can burn to another disc. At Step 8 in Option One of this tutorial you can choose between making a USB or an ISO.

Download Windows 10 ISO File

3. cadaveca Win User
    Subsystem ID mismatch

Run atiwinflash from the DOS prompt in Windows. Follow the steps listed in the HD6950 mod article for DOS flashing.

cadaveca, Jan 29, 2019
  4. cwtech Win User

A new prompt

command prompt will not open in safe mode with command prompt

Would I just follow the same steps within safe mode after hooking up to the other system?

cwtech, Jan 29, 2019
Thema:

A new prompt

1. A new prompt - Similar Threads - prompt

2. Can’t use Command Prompt during start up.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can’t use Command Prompt during start up.: Hello, I forgot my password to my PC and I followed an online guide to resetting the password by using CMD during start up.However, every time I try to turn on the command centred demands me to input the password of the account.Does anyone know any potential fixes?...
  3. Can’t use Command Prompt during start up.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can’t use Command Prompt during start up.: Hello, I forgot my password to my PC and I followed an online guide to resetting the password by using CMD during start up.However, every time I try to turn on the command centred demands me to input the password of the account.Does anyone know any potential fixes?...
  4. How do I stop Microsoft advertising and prompts to use AI from removing my Recents?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I stop Microsoft advertising and prompts to use AI from removing my Recents?: Every now and then, Microsoft 10 removes my most Recent apps used from the menu that pops up when I use the search field near the lower left corner to display notifications about trying some product or AI copilot. When I close the pop-up, it then replaces my Recent apps with...
  5. How do I stop Microsoft advertising and prompts to use AI from removing my Recents?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I stop Microsoft advertising and prompts to use AI from removing my Recents?: Every now and then, Microsoft 10 removes my most Recent apps used from the menu that pops up when I use the search field near the lower left corner to display notifications about trying some product or AI copilot. When I close the pop-up, it then replaces my Recent apps with...
  6. How do I stop Microsoft advertising and prompts to use AI from removing my Recents?

7. How do I enable Windows firewall Defender by using command prompt? Error code 10107

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I enable Windows firewall Defender by using command prompt? Error code 10107: Windows Firewall Defender stop my computer from using Internet. I also tried to resolve the problem using command prompt I typed "netsh advfirewall set profiles state on" to enable firewall,but there was an error code 10107 fail to start. Please help me with this problem.I...
  8. How do I enable Windows firewall Defender by using command prompt? Error code 10107

How do I enable Windows firewall Defender by using command prompt? Error code 10107: Windows Firewall Defender stop my computer from using Internet. I also tried to resolve the problem using command prompt I typed "netsh advfirewall set profiles state on" to enable firewall,but there was an error code 10107 fail to start. Please help me with this problem.I...
  9. How do I enable Windows firewall Defender by using command prompt? Error code 10107

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. How to enable support for Unicode characters with command prompt

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to enable support for Unicode characters with command prompt: Hello Microsoft Support,We are facing an issue when using bcp.exe command on Windows server to bulk load data to SQL Server. The BCP command is not working when the file name contains non-english characters. We wanted to enable Unicode support for command line and so we...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. new windows prompt