Windows 10: A way to highlight a tile on the start screen and move it to the top?

Discus and support A way to highlight a tile on the start screen and move it to the top? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Is there any hack/tweak to the windows start screen/menu in windows 10 x1607 that would enable a right click on a tile (or keyboard shortcut) and then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by markm75, Jan 30, 2017.

1. markm75 Win User

A way to highlight a tile on the start screen and move it to the top?

Is there any hack/tweak to the windows start screen/menu in windows 10 x1607 that would enable a right click on a tile (or keyboard shortcut) and then a click/keypress that moves it to the top ?

When you have a long start menu, moving tiles around can be quite a pain, especially going from bottom to top

Thanks in advance

:)

markm75, Jan 30, 2017

2. Is there a way to keep the start screen open on a second display?

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing Start menu display on extended monitor.

I would like to inform that as Windows 10 is by design does not have a feature to do so.
    I suggest you to provide this as a feedback to Microsoft.

Follow the steps below to write a feedback:

1. Type Feedback in the
    Search
    box on the Task bar.

2. Select Windows Feedback.

3. Click on Add new feedback and write your feedback.

Hope it helps. Feel free to contact us for any assistance on Windows Operating System, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 30, 2017
  3. dsutekh Win User
    Is there a way to keep the start screen open on a second display?

I am running Windows 10 Pro on a desktop PC with 2 displays (extended). With Windows 8.1, I could keep the full screen start menu on the second display and work on my primary display. Is there a way to do this with Windows 10?

If I open the start menu on the second display, clicking on anything on my primary displays instantly closes it. Being a desktop, tablet mode is not available as an option. Is there a way to persistently see my live tiles on the second display and work on
    my primary display?

dsutekh, Jan 30, 2017
  4. Berton Win User

I just left click a Tile and drag to where I want it.

Berton, Jan 30, 2017
  5. markm75 Win User
    If your start screen is as long as mine, that gets to be a pain *Smile

markm75, Jan 30, 2017
  6. Bree New Member
    If you arrange them in groups you can click and drag a group.
    Start - Group your Apps in Windows 10

Bree, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. A way to highlight a tile on the start screen and move it to the top? - Similar Threads - highlight tile start

2. Why are some tiles in the Start Menu highlighted in white?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why are some tiles in the Start Menu highlighted in white?: Like the 2nd and 5th tiles here:What does it even mean? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-are-some-tiles-in-the-start-menu-highlighted/4c85ab0c-90e4-43ed-a923-4ad69b35a42b
  3. Why are some tiles in the Start Menu highlighted in white?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why are some tiles in the Start Menu highlighted in white?: Like the 2nd and 5th tiles here:What does it even mean? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-are-some-tiles-in-the-start-menu-highlighted/4c85ab0c-90e4-43ed-a923-4ad69b35a42b
  4. Why are some tiles in the Start Menu highlighted in white?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Is There A Way To Remove The Start Menu, While Also Moving The Taskbar To The Top?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is There A Way To Remove The Start Menu, While Also Moving The Taskbar To The Top?: I basically haven't used a start menu for Windows for at least 6 - 7 years or so because I use Rocketdock and just click icons in a little bar. The only time I reach for the Start Menu is when I need to start rocketdock when it fails to launch which is very rare.What I'm...
  6. Is There A Way To Remove The Start Menu, While Also Moving The Taskbar To The Top?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is There A Way To Remove The Start Menu, While Also Moving The Taskbar To The Top?: I basically haven't used a start menu for Windows for at least 6 - 7 years or so because I use Rocketdock and just click icons in a little bar. The only time I reach for the Start Menu is when I need to start rocketdock when it fails to launch which is very rare.What I'm...
  7. Tiles on Start screen

Tiles on Start screen: The tiles in the Start screen have gone from clean, efficient layout to all over the place and I don't know why. How can I get them back to display in an orderly fashion? Everything that I tried fails to solve the issue. HELP, please & thank you JC...
  8. start screen (with tiles on it)

start screen (with tiles on it): My start screen has all my tiles on it and the back ground will change colors but when I open it to full screen view the back ground goes black. I have toggled tablet mode on and off and I have change from picture to slide show and I have enlarged the tiles but to no avail...
  9. Cannot move start menu tiles

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot move start menu tiles: I cannot move/rearrange start menu tiles. when I click to select a tile, it immediately opens the application and closes the menu. I am running Win 10 v1703 93199
  10. Moving tiles to start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Moving tiles to start menu: Is it possible to move a tile to the taskbar or the start menu. 27437