Windows 10: Abnormal restart on a Windows Surface Pro that was live on air

Discus and support Abnormal restart on a Windows Surface Pro that was live on air in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I had an issue with one of our production rigs, from which one of the components is a Windows 10 Surface Pro. The issue appeared after 7 hours,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by GregorBaumann1, Nov 16, 2018.

1. Abnormal restart on a Windows Surface Pro that was live on air

Hello,

I had an issue with one of our production rigs, from which one of the components is a Windows 10 Surface Pro. The issue appeared after 7 hours, and was a Kernel General Code 12. Why is this kind of things happening, knowing that the machine was up to date and was checked 2 days before with the same setup, and that it applied the security updates released on 20181108 (code 7040) a few hours before crash ? Is it possible to use win 10 Pro for mission critical purposes or do we have to switch to Iot enterprise ?

thanks for support

best regards

Gregor Baumann

:)

GregorBaumann1, Nov 16, 2018
  2. Brink Win User

Surface Tools for IT Update for Surface Pro and Surface Laptop

Source: Surface Tools for IT Update for Surface Pro and Surface Laptop Surface

Brink, Nov 16, 2018
  3. Brink Win User
    Updates for Surface Pro and Surface Book - Feb. 13

Source: Updates for Surface Pro and Surface Book (13 February 2018) Surface

See also:

Brink, Nov 16, 2018
  4. Remon Ont Win User

Abnormal restart on a Windows Surface Pro that was live on air

Surface Pro 4 Log in issues

Hello Bex,

For us to help you suggest steps to resolve the issue, we would like to know some information:

• Did you get any error messages when signing in to your account?
    • Have you made any significant changes prior to this issue?
    • Have you tried to login using a different Microsoft account or local account on the computer?

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps provided by Ashish Sondhi on this

link

Post us back with the result.

Remon Ont, Nov 16, 2018
Thema:

Abnormal restart on a Windows Surface Pro that was live on air

1. Abnormal restart on a Windows Surface Pro that was live on air - Similar Threads - Abnormal restart Surface

2. My surface pro keeps restarting on and off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My surface pro keeps restarting on and off: My PC is stuck on the same operation and I've tried opening the safe mode but it also prevailed to nothing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-surface-pro-keeps-restarting-on-and-off/4c29ada9-4e99-47f6-a1da-62d1810dd33f
  3. My surface pro keeps restarting on and off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My surface pro keeps restarting on and off: My PC is stuck on the same operation and I've tried opening the safe mode but it also prevailed to nothing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-surface-pro-keeps-restarting-on-and-off/4c29ada9-4e99-47f6-a1da-62d1810dd33f
  4. My surface pro keeps restarting on and off

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. MacBook Air or Pro

in Windows 10 Support
    MacBook Air or Pro: Hi, Ive never had a Mac and thought Id treat myself, could anyone give me some advice. I dont know what to buy between the MacBook Air (m1) or Pro 13 (m1). Ill be using which ever Im adviced to pick for coding, internet and a little gaming. PS - Sorry if its not allowed,...
  6. Surface pro 6 won’t restart . Just stuck on “Restarting “

in Windows 10 Customization
    Surface pro 6 won’t restart . Just stuck on “Restarting “: Hit restart. Just stuck with “restarting” on screen. Have tried ctrl+Alt+del https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/surface-pro-6-wont-restart-just-stuck-on/6b2d4fd6-43b6-436c-9ec4-9487c3965bf6
  7. Restart taking abnormally wrong

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Restart taking abnormally wrong: For the past 2 month I have noticed that reboots were taking abnormally long. I have an ssd and from cold boots in a min and can use apps. But when I perform a restart from windows it takes from 5 to 20mins. My pc specs are CPU:i5-6600k Memory:4x 4GB corsair vengeance 2400MHz...
  8. Using Zoom to stream live class over the surface pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Using Zoom to stream live class over the surface pro: I am conducting Virtual Zumba Class via of Zoom. I want to use my surface pro to live stream class from the surface pro using Zoom. I app broadcasting music using an app on my iPhone connected via of audio adapter. I cannot hear the music play from my external speakers...
  9. Microsoft Surface Pro 6 is getting restart

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft Surface Pro 6 is getting restart: Microsoft Surface Pro 6 is not allowing me to do any job on it and shuts down once any application is opened. What is the solution for the issue??...
  10. Surface Pro Restart Loop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Surface Pro Restart Loop: Today, for seemingly no reason, my Surface Pro got stuck in a restart loop. It says "Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart. We'll restart for you." It then gives me various Stop codes, some of them having .sys in the name. I can get to the UEFI settings and choose...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. surface abnormal shutdown