Windows 10: Access is denied in wmic

Discus and support Access is denied in wmic in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; A Windows server 2008 R2 with the name "delta" use Workgroup "WORKGROUP" (So is not member of a domain). On system "delta", beside account... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by eager2learn, Mar 12, 2018.

1. Access is denied in wmic

A Windows server 2008 R2 with the name "delta" use Workgroup "WORKGROUP" (So is not member of a domain).
    On system "delta", beside account "administrator", an other account "sysadmin" is created with account type Administrator.
    The other Windows system has the name "gamma".
    It is possible to access the system "delta" from system "gamma" with remote desktop.
    This access succeeds both with the accounts "administrator" and "sysadmin" and the corresponding passwords.
    From system "gamma", with the command, "wmic" data can be requested from system "delta".
    This works correct with account "administrator".

C:>wmic
    wmic:root\cli>/node:delta /user:administrator /password:xxxxx cpu get name
    Name
    Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1220 V2 @ 3.10GHz

For account "sysadmin" the command "Dcomcnfg" is started on system "delta".
    Expand Component Service – Computers – My computer
    Open the properties of My Computer and select “COM Security” tab.
    Under COM Security, click "Edit Limits" for "Access Permissions".
    The account "sysadmin" got "Remote Access".
    Click "Edit Limits" for "Launch and Activation Permissions".
    The account "sysadmin" got "Remote Launch" and "Remote Activation" permissions.

Expand Component Service – Computers – My computer - CDOM Config
    Open the properties of "Windows Management and Instrumentation".
    Choice tab "Security"
    Click "Edit" for "Launch and Activation Permissions".
    The account "sysadmin" got "remote Launch" and "Remote Activation" permissions.
    Click "Edit" for "Access Permissions".
    The account "sysadmin" got "Remote Access" permissions.

Still I get "Access is denied" with wmic from system "gamma" to system "delta".

C:>wmic
    wmic:root\cli>/node:delta /user:sysadmin /password:yyyyy cpu get name
    Node - delta
    ERROR:
    Description = Access is denied

How can I solve this problem?

:)

eager2learn, Mar 12, 2018
  2. Ar Rom Win User

"Access is denied" While debugging in microsoft visual c++ 2010 express

Hello Vincent,

For advanced assistance with debugging in Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Express, we suggest you to post your query in the MSDN forums found on this

link

Feel free to post back if you have other Windows concerns.

Ar Rom, Mar 12, 2018
  3. "Access is Denied" in task manager

Operating System: Windows 10, latest version.

Issue: Getting "Access is Denied" when trying to lower CPU usage for the Antimalware Service Executable/Windows Defender Service

So I am trying to lower my CPU usage for a laptop I bought, however when attempting this I get an "Access is Denied" when attempting to remove it. I do own this PC and am the only user on this PC, so therefore I should have full permission over what I want
    to do to my computer. Also, I can't seem to permanantly disable the "Windows Modules Installer Worker."

Questions:

How do I gain full administrative powers over my PC?

How do I disable/remove the Windows Defender Service (will be using a different antivirus software?)

How do I permanently disable many applications I do not want back?

How do I disable startup programs that are not listed within my startup list on the task manager or windows config?

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

JoshuaLaumann, Mar 12, 2018
  4. EdTittel Win User

Access is denied in wmic

EdTittel, Mar 12, 2018
  5. The problem was solved after adding permissions for the user "sysadmin" on system "delta" to the
    WMI namespace.

Open WMImgmt.msc on system "delta"
    Go to the Properties of WMI Control
    Go to the Security Tab
    Select "Root" "CIMV2" and open "Security"
    Add user "sysadmin"
    Ensure "sysadmin" has "Execute Methods",
    "Provider Write" and "Enable Account" right;

Thanks.

eager2learn, Mar 18, 2018
  6. EdTittel Win User
    Glad you got it sorted. Great detective work!
    Best wishes,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Mar 19, 2018
  7. Eddo51 Win User
    This WMI stuff is over my head but I have a problem that led me here. I cannot choose the default app I want to use in some cases. Brink suggests I reregister apps. But, In Powershell, I cannot run Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}. It gives me an error "Access is denied." Reading another site "You have to grant that user WMI permissions." My question is - Am I on the right track. I read a tutorial by Shawn Brink (Reinstall and Re-register Apps in Windows 10) but there was no mention of "Access is denied" error.

Eddo51, Apr 1, 2018
  8. Eddo51 Win User

Access is denied in wmic

Never mind. I got it. I needed to run Powershell with admin priv.

Eddo51, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Access is denied in wmic

1. Access is denied in wmic - Similar Threads - Access denied wmic

2. Access Denied

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Access Denied: I receive this message. Access Denied You don't have permission to access "http://www.kingsoopers.com/" on this server.Reference #18.94bf2617.1662145515.2efa39f. The website address has "https:". I have tried different suggestions to fix this but they haven't helped....
  3. Access Denied

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Access Denied: Hello. Why can't File explorer not access my external disk drive but computer detects it. Disk management shows that the drive is healthy, online and allocated. Chckdsk found no errors. Trouble shooter from disk management also can't find errors but when I want to access the...
  4. Access is denied

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Access is denied: I try to get on Fox news website and I get a "access is denied" . how do I fix it? HP laptop w/win 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/access-is-denied/4cdbc5fa-1e6b-42a6-aa48-1a36f8945e67
  5. Access Denied

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Access Denied: Access Denied You don't have permission to access "http://www.finishline.com/?" on this server. Reference #18.c5e33e17.1592853789.713d2201 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/access-denied/729e3550-6496-4431-b07b-9bef96bd1d4f
  6. Access Denied!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Access Denied!: When I try to access lowes.com from my browser Google, I get the following error message. Access Denied You don't have permission to access "http://www.lowes.com/" on this server. Reference # 18.7e25d117.1587839593.2dd8e16d This only happens when I try to access Lowes...
  7. Access Denied

in Windows 10 Customization
    Access Denied: I tried to turn on Windows Developer mode and it says "Access Denied". Can I get some help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/access-denied/cb69b709-417b-4627-bf8b-c0afe456548a
  8. Access denied

in Windows 10 Customization
    Access denied: Having originally getting a warning that my desk top was not available after getting some updates i followed the instructions and copy paste the desktop file but now when rebooting desktop does not come up with the warning access is denied Back to square one !!...
  9. Access Denied

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Access Denied: Until a week or so ago I was able to go to the Argos website, but now I am refused with an Access Denied message. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/access-denied/ca707c4d-a849-4099-8df1-dbd15ebbeb6d
  10. Access is denied

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Access is denied: I'm trying to free on space on Drive C: and cannot get into "Documents and Settings" or see what space it's using. Just "not accessible Access is Denied". It looks like it's a shortcut, not a folder. Guess it's a Win 10 thing ? Can I get around this anyhow ?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. wmic access denied windows 10

2. getting access denied when running the wmic command

3. troubleshooting wmic permissions for remote access

4. wmic install to remote user access denied