Windows 10: Accidentally turned off the computer while in system restore

Discus and support Accidentally turned off the computer while in system restore in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; So I was doing a system restore on my newly upgraded Windows 10. It was stuck at 46% so I restarted it (which was a stupid thing I know). After that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by krispenwa, Sep 3, 2015.

1. krispenwa Win User

Accidentally turned off the computer while in system restore

So I was doing a system restore on my newly upgraded Windows 10. It was stuck at 46% so I restarted it (which was a stupid thing I know). After that the laptop won't go beyond the black screen. Whenever I boot the laptop the lenovo logo appears and the black screen after and that's it. I'm really worried now. Any help will be much appreciated.

:)

krispenwa, Sep 3, 2015

2. Computer stuck on Automatic repair loop for Windows 10 and I have no boot disk for the computer

Computer was turned off due to the power strip accidentally being turned off. Now the computer is stuck on the automatic repair loop and 2 system restores did not help.

ClaudiaSanguinito, Sep 3, 2015
  3. Error 0x80070002 while System Restore

Ive ran into problem while doing System Restore. I accidentally downloaded some sort of virus when I was installing Daemon Lite. I turned off my computer and it won't turn on (using Windows 10). I tried using System Restore to previous day. It sad finished
    and then error 0x80070002 popped up. Restoring to other days did no lt help, and when I ran out of days to choose from I came here. Can someone help me?

Edit: I can only access System Restore when I type command Rstrui.exe /offline:C:\windows=active into command prompt

BranislavBilý, Sep 3, 2015
  4. Ztruker Win User

Ztruker, Sep 4, 2015
Thema:

1. Accidentally turned off the computer while in system restore - Similar Threads - Accidentally turned off

2. System Restore Points turned off after Major Updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System Restore Points turned off after Major Updates: Today I did the update to Version 1903. After the update I went to see if I had restore points as after the last Major update it was turned off and I lost all my restore points. Alas, again, the system restore was turned off so I again lost all my restore points. Why do...
  3. Is system restore be default turned off in windows 10 enterprise

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is system restore be default turned off in windows 10 enterprise: I have installed windows 10 on the machine and system restore is disabled ? is it by desgin that system restore is disabled and we would have to enable it via GPO or maually...
  4. HELP! Turned off laptop during system restore!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HELP! Turned off laptop during system restore!: So as the title says I turned off my laptop during a system restore. I think while it said it was restoring registries. I did this because it was on that same thing for over 2 hours. Now when i turn on my laptop it only displays the brand name which is Lenovo and just turns...
  5. PC turns off while in use.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC turns off while in use.: My PC turns off while I am using it. If it sits idle for over 20 seconds, it shuts down. I have to hit the ON/OFF switch and wait for it to re-boot back up. It takes me back to where I was at. [moved from office forum]...
  6. Accidentally turned off Mail live feature?!

in Browsers and Email
    Accidentally turned off Mail live feature?!: Hey, Yesterday i had to reinstall my win 10. After install I made a lot of changes in the settings, and probably siwthed off something that makes the mail app, showing how many new messages do I have. Now I can't turn it live, so it IS A LITTLE BIT ANNOYING. sorry...
  7. Upgrading to Build 10586 Turned Off System Restore

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgrading to Build 10586 Turned Off System Restore: It was available and up to date before the upgrade. I have turned it back on. Why did the upgrade turn it off? I did use the Media Creation Tool to upgrade rather than wait for "my turn" with Windows Update. 29825
  8. system restore turns it self off

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    system restore turns it self off: system restore turns it self off why 71711
  9. System Restore will not turn on

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System Restore will not turn on: Hi there. Got a strange situation on a newly configured win 10 machine. On the PC properties, System protection does not show the actual drive Windows is on. 'System Protection' is greyed out. In 'Configure' I can not remove the 'Disable system protection'. When I go to...
  10. System turns off at night while in sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    System turns off at night while in sleep mode: I updated to W10 and have had no problems and this one really isn't a big deal but it's got my OCD going. I have sleep set after 25 minutes and that seems to work fine. It comes out of sleep pretty well too. But, it seems that ovenight, the system shuts down on it's own....