Windows 10: Account folder under User disappeared

Discus and support Account folder under User disappeared in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, Somehow, my user account folder (which should be Keqin Gu) under "c:user" disappeared along with all files in the document and picture folders. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by KeqinGu, Oct 13, 2019.

1. KeqinGu Win User

Account folder under User disappeared

Hi,

Somehow, my user account folder (which should be Keqin Gu) under "c:user" disappeared along with all files in the document and picture folders. I had them restored from the backed up files, but they disappeared again when I log off and log on again. What can I do?

Thanks,

Keqin Gu

:)

KeqinGu, Oct 13, 2019
  2. silkstone Win User

Disappearing folder

I've encountered a strange problem in windows 10 where I tried to delete a file in a folder, but ended up deleting the whole directory. It did so without the usual pop-up to confirm delete or say it was too big for the recycle bin. It was my Videos folder, so pretty big, but the disk allocation has also remained the same.

I've always had a problem with 'double icons' for the different user folders, including videos, and so I'm thinking it could have something to do with the whole thing, especially as now one of the two video folders has disappeared from the users folders.

The first thing i tried was 'Undo delete', but it just bought the folder back with non of the contents. Then, I went straight to Recuva, but it came up blank (there must have been over 50 videos in the folder)

I'm at a little bit of a loss as where to start looking for this disappeared folder and was hoping someone might have some suggestions?

Screenshots below:

Account folder under User disappeared upload_2017-4-1_22-11-14-png.png

silkstone, Oct 13, 2019
  3. User Account folder disappeared.

Help. My user account folder and data disappeared today. The entire folder is gone. It was there last night and now it is gone. The name shown for that user name was changed but I did not change it.

When I try to log in it says "We cannot sign in..." and suggests I sign out which I have done and does not help.

I tried restarting multiple times to no avail.

There is no "Windows.old" folder.

audrey.karperien, Oct 13, 2019
  4. Kari Win User

Local Acct user and MS account user - sync them or merge them

If the local account is the one where you have most of your personal data, this is how I would do it:

• Sign in to your Microsoft account
    • Copy all documents, pictures and other personal data from Microsoft account's user folders to corresponding folders in user Public (contents of MS account Documents folder to Public Documents folder and so on)
    • Sign out from Microsoft account
    Notice that above steps are only required if Microsoft account user folders contain data you want to keep. If its user folders are empty or do not contain anything worth saving, you can skip the above steps. Continue from below.

• Sign in to the local account
    • Delete the Microsoft account (Option One in this tutorial)
    • Switch your local account to a Microsoft account (tutorial)
    • Copy the data backed up from old Microsoft account to Public folders to new Microsoft account in corresponding folders

That's it. Using the Public folders as temporary storage you will have none whatsoever file owner / permission issues later on.

Thema:

1. Account folder under User disappeared - Similar Threads - Account folder under

2. Deletion of Default folder under Users folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deletion of Default folder under Users folder: I'm using windows 11 and accidentally deleted a Default folder under Users, no system backup was performed prior to these. The Default folder is permanently deleted any chance to restore it back. Will it effect already created users??Any suggestion would be more then helpful...
  3. Deletion of Default folder under Users folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deletion of Default folder under Users folder: I'm using windows 11 and accidentally deleted a Default folder under Users, no system backup was performed prior to these. The Default folder is permanently deleted any chance to restore it back. Will it effect already created users??Any suggestion would be more then helpful...
  4. User account disappeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User account disappeared: Hello,I recently opened my windows 11 laptop after not using it for a week. Upon boot up, my user profile seems to be missing I have only ever had one user profile since this is a personal laptop. My only option to log in to an account is “New user” and a password is...
  5. User account disappeared

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    User account disappeared: Hello,I recently opened my windows 11 laptop after not using it for a week. Upon boot up, my user profile seems to be missing I have only ever had one user profile since this is a personal laptop. My only option to log in to an account is “New user” and a password is...
  6. Unknown users folder under C:\Users\

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unknown users folder under C:\Users\: Hey So I noticed that I have my usual user folder in C:\Users\user and then another one which is basically C:\Users\user.LAPTOP-xxxxxxxx. The weird thing is that user.LAPTOP-xxxxxxxx is not the name of my laptop at all if I check under system information. Where is this...
  7. Sharing a sub folder under 'Users' results in folder 'Users' and all the subfolders under...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sharing a sub folder under 'Users' results in folder 'Users' and all the subfolders under...: When I enable sharing on an individual sub folder under 'Users', the 'Users' folder itself and all sub folders under get sharing enabled for them. Further, the [Share] button under [Properties>Sharing] for folder 'Users' gets greyed out. What's causing this weird behavior...
  8. Renaming the user folder under c:\users

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Renaming the user folder under c:\users: Hi all. As a user who's part of a domain, my user folder under C:\Users is very long and this is disturbing when I use Bash (WSL). the folder is first.last.domainName and that's too long. Ideally, I just want my user folder to be my first.last name without the domain name...
  9. Family users disappeared under settings

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Family users disappeared under settings: Hello, I'm not an IT pro, so grateful for any answers in layman's terms! Today I signed into my computer running Windows 10 in order to adjust settings for my children's accounts. Usually, under the Accounts/Family & other users tab, under the "Your family" heading, there...
  10. strange folders under users folders...

in Windows 10 Support
    strange folders under users folders...: i found these strange folders under the users folders and other places... dozens of them... ones like Send To, Start Menu, Templates, etc they have shortcut arrows but they are not... they are file folders and they have no size and the date is when i installed...