Windows 10: Account name user name

Discus and support Account name user name in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; You only have the one account on your PC with the SID below. SID=S-1-5-21-2829774944-676562036-4062488467-1001 If you like, go ahead and post... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Brink, Apr 5, 2018.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Account name user name

You only have the one account on your PC with the SID below.

SID=S-1-5-21-2829774944-676562036-4062488467-1001

If you like, go ahead and post some screenshots of where the account name shows that you want to change to see what we may be able to do. Be sure to blank out the first part of the email address.

Brink, Apr 28, 2018
  2. donnylad Win User

I will try Shawn it will take a bit ,,,not done screenshots before but have printed out how to do.
    Len

donnylad, Apr 28, 2018
  3. donnylad Win User
    this is what I get from SETTINGS ACCOUNTS

Account name user name [​IMG]

Then on MANAGE

Then YOUR INFO

Then MANAGE EMAIL PHONE
    and it asks for a password which I give as A and get this screen

Now for the other email,, I use internet explorer "accounts Microsoft.com" open sign in

click SIGN IN

and as you can see different email
    I click YOUR INFO and then MANAGE EMAIL AND PHONE but this time password A does not work
    I have to give it password B which gets me to this screen

Like I said I cannot get rid of The first one with password A
    Hope this is okay
    Thanks Shawn

donnylad, Apr 28, 2018
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Account name user name

It looks like you have a local account in Windows 10, but signed in to an app (ex: "Microsoft Store" or "Mail" app) with your Microsoft account.

1) Look in Settings > Accounts > Email & accounts.

2) Check under both "Accounts used by email, calendar, and contacts" and "Accounts used by other apps" to see if you have len*****@outlook.com listed.

Brink, Apr 28, 2018
  5. donnylad Win User
    Yes Shawn they are both in both ,,,I want to have both email addresses but get rid of one of them in Microsoft accounts. Can I just click manage and delete it.?

Len

donnylad, Apr 28, 2018
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    In that case, you may have signed in to the Mail and/or Calendar app with the "len" address.

See if you can click on the len address under "Accounts used by email, calendar, and contacts", click on Manage, and click on "Delete account from this device".

Next, see if you can click on the len address under "Accounts used by other apps", and click on "Remove".

If this was able to successfully remove the len address, then you will need to sign in to the app (ex: Mail) with your correct "case..." address.

Brink, Apr 28, 2018
  7. donnylad Win User
    Before I remove Shawn I have just noticed that the len account in ACCOUNTS USED BY OTHER APPS when I clicked manage the Microsoft account screen said the "case" address. and if I go to mage and remove it it will remove "case" instead of "
    What the heck is going on now I don't know what to do

len.

donnylad, Apr 28, 2018
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

Account name user name

That's ok.

It may be best to remove the account from both areas to clear it.

Afterwards, go back and sign in to the app(s) using the "case" address to see if it will only show "case" now instead of the "lens" address.

Brink, Apr 28, 2018
  9. donnylad Win User
    It is still being called len**** and yet it is case**/*** and I cannot get rid of it.
    I think I will go to bed and try again tomorrow.
    Thanks Shawn
    Len

donnylad, Apr 28, 2018
  10. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Apr 28, 2018
  11. donnylad Win User
    Then it shows as len**** and when I click YOUR INFO and MANAGE it needs password B and when I click REMOVE it won't let me and says THIS IS YOUR ONLY PRIMARY ACCOUNT.
    I have gone into USER ACCOUNTS via control panel and changed name from user to my name.

Len

donnylad, Apr 29, 2018
Thema:

Account name user name

1. Account name user name - Similar Threads - Account name user

2. User account name

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User account name: Good morning,the workstation I used for a colleague of mine has passed to another. My problem now is to keep order and make the PC recognizable:PC Name: PB1Username: Bern...Account name: ...@gmail.comUsually i share the online account among people of that office, while having...
  3. User account name

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    User account name: Good morning,the workstation I used for a colleague of mine has passed to another. My problem now is to keep order and make the PC recognizable:PC Name: PB1Username: Bern...Account name: ...@gmail.comUsually i share the online account among people of that office, while having...
  4. User account name

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. User name account

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    User name account: When I set up my new computer I mistyped my user name. I ran the userpasswords2 to update the user name but when i look in file explorer under Users it only has the old name. How do i rename this folder?...
  6. Local User Account Name Same as Microsoft Account Name?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Local User Account Name Same as Microsoft Account Name?: I just installed Windows 10 on a workstation on my network there are many computers on this internal network. Since this network is secure and I'm the only employee... the same username and password is used on all systems... mine. This makes it very simple to use the...
  7. user account name

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    user account name: can I remove the user account only from my pc login screen, and not anywhere else? I tried to install office & update windows 10, but my sign in screen name changed. The email accounts of 2 accounts I have are now on the PC sign in screen. There doesn't seem to be anything...
  8. User account name

in Windows 10 Customization
    User account name: How do I change the user account name of a non-administrator account on my PC https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/user-account-name/9bb32d57-f261-4420-80b6-229a8e4367c1
  9. How to change Account Name and User Name?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to change Account Name and User Name?: I am the sole user of my pc. Under Settings/Accounts my name is:- John Smith my email address Administrator Q1 How do I change this to just:- Pete Administator? Under This PC I have drives C, F and G In C the user is called John In F user called Pete In G...
  10. Change user account name?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Change user account name?: Having created a Msoft admin account in form, say, def7936@...., I then created a local account with admin powers, which I called Forename. However I see that all my local account documents are in C:\users\def79, an abbreviation of the Msoft version, not Forename, as desired....