Windows 10: Account settings showing two user profiles after moving from local to microsoft

Discus and support Account settings showing two user profiles after moving from local to microsoft in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; This is only happening/affect Account settings, both profiles are identical, one with my account picture and one without. Only happened since doing a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by tamiko natsu, May 28, 2020.

1. Account settings showing two user profiles after moving from local to microsoft

This is only happening/affect Account settings, both profiles are identical, one with my account picture and one without. Only happened since doing a clean install of the 2004 update common practise for me due to prior issues with feature updates. Never had this issue before, and also before the update, my settings app was with a banner, it's now without. Wondering if it's connected.

Account settings showing two user profiles after moving from local to microsoft 7feebd28-3ed2-4290-81bd-1ce3e8590402?upload=true.png Account settings showing two user profiles after moving from local to microsoft 62241eb2-5778-4a38-a9bb-fcad1b78cc40?upload=true.png

:)

tamiko natsu, May 28, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Local and Microsoft account

In that case, check to make sure that only your MSA is listed in the same settings below while signed in to Windows 10 with your MSA.

If it is only your MSA listed, then check to make sure that you have your picture set for your MSA online at Microsoft.

*Arrow Sign in to your Microsoft account

Account settings showing two user profiles after moving from local to microsoft [​IMG]

Brink, May 28, 2020
  3. How to Change Microsoft user account to local user account

Hi Pchelpmenow,

At this situation, what I can suggest you is you have to convert the Microsoft user account to local user account.

• Log to the system using her user account.

• Go to settings and click on Accounts.

• Click on Your email and accounts and click on
      Sign-in with a local account instead.

• Enter the password, click on Next
      and follow the onscreen instruction to convert into local account.
    Hope this helps. Let us know the result for further assistance.

Thank you.

Billion Debbarma, May 28, 2020
  4. Kari Win User

Account settings showing two user profiles after moving from local to microsoft

Convert online Microsoft Azure account to local account?

Unfortunately, you cannot switch an Azure AD account to a local or Microsoft account. You need to create a new user account first, make it an admin account, then disconnect from your organizational account, restart and sign in to new local account.

All software remains installed and intact but all user specific customizations and settings are lost, new local user starting from scratch with default settings.

The whole process step by step:

1.) Copy your personal data (documents, images etc.) from current Azure AD user profile folder to respective folders in C:\Users\Public

2.) In Settings > Accounts > Other people, add a new local user (see Option One in this tutorial)

3.) Check that everything is correct, that you will see your Azure AD account under Work or school users (yellow highlight), and your new local admin account under Other people (blue highlight):

Account settings showing two user profiles after moving from local to microsoft [​IMG]

4.) Select Access work or school on left pane, select the connected Azure AD domain, click Disconnect:

5.) Click Yes:

6.) Click Disconnect:

7.) Enter the username and password for your new local admin account, click OK:

8.) Click Restart now:

9.) When back on desktop with your new local admin account, move personal data from Public folder and its subfolders you backed up in step 1 above to respective subfolders on new user profile folder. If the old Azure AD user profile folder is still present in Users folder, it can be deleted now.

That's it.

Thema:

Account settings showing two user profiles after moving from local to microsoft

1. Account settings showing two user profiles after moving from local to microsoft - Similar Threads - Account settings showing

2. Local user files lost after singing in with Microsoft Account in Settings App

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Local user files lost after singing in with Microsoft Account in Settings App: I have a windows 10 laptop that I originally set up using just a local account. After using the laptop for a few months, I signed in with my Microsoft account in using the "Sign in with a Microsoft Account instead" link in Settings > Accounts > Your info. After doing, I can...
  3. Local user files lost after singing in with Microsoft Account in Settings App

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Local user files lost after singing in with Microsoft Account in Settings App: I have a windows 10 laptop that I originally set up using just a local account. After using the laptop for a few months, I signed in with my Microsoft account in using the "Sign in with a Microsoft Account instead" link in Settings > Accounts > Your info. After doing, I can...
  4. Account profile not showing in settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Account profile not showing in settings: I updated to Build 21292.1010, and for some reason, my profile is not showing up in settings when I open the app. I saw many other people with older builds, that had this, so I do not know why I do not see it. It would show up at the top. I checked just in case, and I do...
  5. One microsoft account and two profiles

in Windows 10 Customization
    One microsoft account and two profiles: Good morning, I have a MS account *** Email address is removed for privacy *** but it has two profiles, one for me and one for my son. Can someone tell me how to switch between the two? Here are screenshots to assist in troubleshooting. Dr Tracy is me and Dr Bonehead is...
  6. one user account with two Admin profiles

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    one user account with two Admin profiles: Hi guys, I have problems with my Win 10 profile: I have one account same login associated to 2 Admin account - one with full control and the other with modify access. The problem is that I need to be able to switch to the one with full control as I can't modify many folders...
  7. Apps Follow Local User Profiles from Admin Account

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Apps Follow Local User Profiles from Admin Account: Hello, thanks for stopping by to try and provide some assistance. I want to preference this by I am not fluent on Windows administration... Like many parents, I am trying to provide my kids a distraction free Windows environment to conduct their online schooling during these...
  8. Moving profiles from local to AD?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Moving profiles from local to AD?: Hi guys. I have some computers that need to be part of a AD domain. Some user have a lot of files, is possible to change a local profile from a local user to AD user? I don't want to setup everything again and move all his data to his new AD profile. Any tips I will...
  9. User profile of a Microsoft account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    User profile of a Microsoft account: Hi Using the web, how do I see the public profile of a user who has a Microsoft account live.it or outlook.com or outook.it? Thanks Bye 64612
  10. User account with more local profiles

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    User account with more local profiles: Hi In Windows 10, a user account can have two or more local profiles? If so, how do I create them and manage them? Thanks Bye 22930