Windows 10: account

Discus and support account in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; hi what i think is bad is to force people have Microsoft account to use app store i want to use local account and cant use windows store this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by fjabrantes, Jul 31, 2015.

1. account

hi

what i think is bad is to force people have Microsoft account to use app store

i want to use local account and cant use windows store

this is very bad

Other thing :

any one know how to activate menu in edge ?

:)

fjabrantes, Jul 31, 2015

2. Microsoft task bar search crashes when searching "All"

Whenever I use the windows taskbar search (i.e., “Type here to Search”) with "all" filters, the windows search closes expectantly (crashes). By applying each search filter independently, I determined that when Windows searches
    "Settings" that causes the crash. All other filters appear work fine, Of course, when "All" is set, it includes "Settings" so Windows search and Cortana crash every time "All" is used.
    Lots of efforts logged for CortanaUI.

Windows 10 Release 10.0.16299.192

GusMS Account, Jul 31, 2015
  3. How can I get back into my Toshiba laptop ?

In my situation, my screen was accidentally broken so i am using an old monitor but my message states that i need to insert media and reboot... i have no media on hand. Not something I think to carry around with me.

Anyway, tried the 'hold shift while using the lower right power icon to restart' method and to no avail same message. Although this might work for this User.... keep pressing on the shift key until the repair screen appears... good luck

Vibiana'sPersonal Account, Jul 31, 2015
  4. account

Hi and Welcome to TenForums,

Needing a Microsoft account is kind of normal behaviour, like wanting to use the Google store or Apple's apps store, i'm sure you need an account to use those as things like purchasing apps etc need to be tied to an account.

What do you mean Activate menu in edge?

Regards,
    Jamie

JDobbsy1987, Jul 31, 2015
  5. i understand, but this us talking, i work in place where i receive machines for repair, and many people who use, are old people and simply users they are not as us.
    The fact of not have menu start,people have to give their password accounts etc, for me windows 8 /8.1 is horrible., i am user of win 7, and it is the best.
    Microsoft should think in general in the peolple who use computers and in Portugal they are many old peolple and users.
    They should have account but permit to acess store with local, for me store is shit i dont need

in internet explorer we could enable menus to go to options and for ex change the start page, i ask if edge have a menu ?

fjabrantes, Jul 31, 2015
  6. JDobbsy1987, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

account

1. account - Similar Threads - account

2. Administrator account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Administrator account: I cannot enable an administrator in my windows 10. Consequently, I cannot download updates, delete, make changes, etc. What can I do short of re-installing and possibly losing files?...
  3. Hi, I'm locked out of my Windows account on my computer. I tried changing the password on...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Hi, I'm locked out of my Windows account on my computer. I tried changing the password on...: Hi, I'm locked out of my Windows account on my laptop. I tried changing the password on my online account to see if the password change would generate to my Windows log in on my computer - it's not working. Please assist....
  4. Timeout when trying to connect to any google account site: Gmail, calendar, or google...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Timeout when trying to connect to any google account site: Gmail, calendar, or google...: I can't access gmail, calendar, or google account. Every time the connection times out. I get ERR_CONECTION_TIMED_OUT or something similar. It works on Some computers on my network (laptop, other PC (sometimes) but not my main PC. I also can't access google accounts...
  5. Why I'm hearing notification sound from other account?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Why I'm hearing notification sound from other account?: When my wife gets a skype message I hear the notification sound when I'm logged in in Windows. is this a windows bug? our family is always singed in and is very annoying for me to hear sound notifications from the others accounts when I'm working....
  6. need instructions on fixing email accounts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    need instructions on fixing email accounts: Need step by step for fixing issues for email accounts (instructions that will actually work!!) https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-instructions-on-fixing-email-accounts/0194d28c-b49a-46e8-bc43-4e87ead4c198
  7. Error: Something went wrong while trying to sign in to Cortana using Samsung account

in Cortana
    Error: Something went wrong while trying to sign in to Cortana using Samsung account: I am attempting to link my Samsung account with Cortana so that I will be able to use my Samsung SmartThings hub. The Samsung Smart Home Cortana skill leads me to believe I can do this. When I invoke the skill, Cortana prompts me to sign in with my Samsung Account. I then...
  8. "Find my Device" feature with Local account sign in?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    "Find my Device" feature with Local account sign in?: Hi, I have "find my device" enabled on my windows 10. I am opting to sign in as local account instead of microsoft account. Would this not allow me to use "find my device" feature on the web to locate my laptop?...
  9. Transfer files from old Microsoft account to the new one?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Transfer files from old Microsoft account to the new one?: I created a new Microsoft account on the laptop that I’ve bought recently. I’d like to know if I can transfer the files from my old Microsoft account that I used before....
  10. Download apps purchased by kid accounts in family

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Download apps purchased by kid accounts in family: I used the family function to link my two Microsoft accounts since one had an app code redeemed on it but I set it as a child account since I don't use it anymore. Can I download the app in question (bought with the old/child account) to my PC which is connected to my new...