Windows 10: Accounts in windows 10 and Thunderbird

Discus and support Accounts in windows 10 and Thunderbird in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; After upgrading to windows 10 I added my outlook.com account to "mail" in windows 10. I didn't like it, and had trouble using the "sync" function but... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by evhid1, May 7, 2016.

1. evhid1 Win User

Accounts in windows 10 and Thunderbird

After upgrading to windows 10 I added my outlook.com account to "mail" in windows 10. I didn't like it, and had trouble using the "sync" function but eventually got it synced and folders rebuilt and files over to it. I have now installed Thunderbird and like that program much better and have imported all my files and folders and contacts.
    Question: Can I now remove my outlook.com account from "mail" in windows 10 ? Or will that wipe all info I imported to and using with Thunderbird? And second, how to I remove that account in mail, I don't see that option listed anywhere. Thank in advance for any help or suggestions.

:)

evhid1, May 7, 2016
  2. Dag57 Win User

Windows 10 Mail: Can't delete non-functioning email account

This is how I solved the Windows 10 Mail problem of being unable to delete non-syncing accounts: I uninstalled Windows 10 Mail, and started using Thunderbird email reader. Thunderbird so many more features and it syncs with my AOL, ATT, GMAIL, and Yahoo
    email accounts.

For Calender, I uninstalled it as well, and installed OneCalendar from the Windows App store, or try www.onecalendar.nl It's very cleanly designed and works well for me.

Deleting Windows 10 Mail and Calendar, and installing Thunderbird and OneCalendar solved my problem.

Good luck with it.

Dag57, May 7, 2016
  3. How do I set up folders to store email in the mail app in Windows 10?

I have been using Mozilla's Thunderbird for email and I can easily create folders for storing email and easily move an email from any account into a folder (that is, the folders are not tied to each email account).

Can the mail app in Windows 10 do this, or should I stay with Thunderbird?

Steven Mays, May 7, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

I do not use the Mail app.

From what I understand, if you are using your Microsoft Account to sign in, you cannot delete the email account.
    You will need to sign in on a local account in order to do that.

That's what I was told.

davidhk, May 7, 2016
  5. evhid1 Win User
    I am not to familiar with this windows 10 stuff, so I don't know if I need to sign in with my Microsoft account for one and two, "You will need to sign in on a local account", how do I do that? The main reason I want to remove my outlook.com account is so I don't have my email going to both Thunderbird AND the outlook.com account too. Thanks again for your help.

evhid1, May 7, 2016
  6. davidhk Win User
    Start > Settings > Accounts > right side.....................

Accounts in windows 10 and Thunderbird [​IMG]

davidhk, May 7, 2016
  7. evhid1 Win User
    Ok, got it. Thanks again.

evhid1, May 7, 2016
  8. davidhk Win User

davidhk, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Accounts in windows 10 and Thunderbird - Similar Threads - Accounts Thunderbird

2. Using work email address for both personal and work account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Using work email address for both personal and work account: This is a mixed Window 10 account/Office365 account question I had initially created a "personal" Microsoft account with my work email, purely for use with work-related things. I also use this to sign in to my Windows 10 profile on my laptop and save all my preferences etc....
  3. How to enable 'sign-in and sync with a work or school account' on Endpoint Manager

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to enable 'sign-in and sync with a work or school account' on Endpoint Manager: Hi, hope someone can help me. I've recently started to use Endpoint Manager to manage our work devices. I've tweaked a few settings here and there and have noticed that now when using my Sticky Notes app, it says the following message: Your org has disabled sign-in and...
  4. I have been locked out of my Microsoft account and cannot gain access.

I have been locked out of my Microsoft account and cannot gain access.: Hi, I have a small business. My receptionists tried updating the Windows password after it expired. They got the error that said that an incorrect password has been entered too many times. I have filled out the validation questionnaire a couple of times. I keep getting an...
  5. Switch local account to Microsoft login

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Switch local account to Microsoft login: I initially made a local account on my computer, but want to have this account info switched to my Microsoft login without having to manually move all user info. Most online searching mentions a link to "login to Microsoft account", but that is not displayed in my user...
  6. How do I delete an accidentally created Microsoft Account

How do I delete an accidentally created Microsoft Account: I bought 2 tablets and created 2 new Microsoft Accounts when installing Windows 10. I want to delete these 2 accounts. What is the best way to do this. Do I have to be on the device on which the account was created to delete it? Thanks Thomas...
  7. Microsoft Account & finding page/screen to type letters

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Account & finding page/screen to type letters: Dear Sir or Madam, Can you inform me if it is necessary that I get a Microsoft Account? And if I am required to get a Microsoft Account, can you provide guidance how I go about doing that? Also, I need to type some letters, but am having problems being able to go to the...
  8. I seem to have two Local Administrator Accounts and I can't log in to my Microsoft Account

I seem to have two Local Administrator Accounts and I can't log in to my Microsoft Account: I recently purchased Office 365. It is linked to my Microsoft Account. But my Windows 10 computer seems to have two Local Administrator Accounts they have different photos and I'm not sure why. I also don't know to delete one of them since I don't need two. When I try to...
  9. Built In admin account's SID is blank.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Built In admin account's SID is blank.: Using windows 10, and recently renamed the built in admin account by using the command lusrmgr.msc. After renaming the account i pressed refresh and closed the window. The next time when i run the same command lusrmgr.msc and click on users, I get an error saying that there...
  10. I am cancelling my Office 365 account. I want all my files on my desktop, not in OneDrive.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I am cancelling my Office 365 account. I want all my files on my desktop, not in OneDrive.: I keep getting red X's because my cloud account is full but I cannot seem to divert my files from saving to the cloud. I tried opening a new file but Word and Excel would not accept it C:\ThisPC\Desktop\Documents\Documents\newfolder. What can I do to ensure that my files...