Windows 10: Accounts in windows 10 and Thunderbird

Discus and support Accounts in windows 10 and Thunderbird in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; After upgrading to windows 10 I added my outlook.com account to "mail" in windows 10. I didn't like it, and had trouble using the "sync" function but... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by evhid1, May 7, 2016.

1. evhid1 Win User

Accounts in windows 10 and Thunderbird

After upgrading to windows 10 I added my outlook.com account to "mail" in windows 10. I didn't like it, and had trouble using the "sync" function but eventually got it synced and folders rebuilt and files over to it. I have now installed Thunderbird and like that program much better and have imported all my files and folders and contacts.
    Question: Can I now remove my outlook.com account from "mail" in windows 10 ? Or will that wipe all info I imported to and using with Thunderbird? And second, how to I remove that account in mail, I don't see that option listed anywhere. Thank in advance for any help or suggestions.

:)

evhid1, May 7, 2016
  2. Dag57 Win User

Windows 10 Mail: Can't delete non-functioning email account

This is how I solved the Windows 10 Mail problem of being unable to delete non-syncing accounts: I uninstalled Windows 10 Mail, and started using Thunderbird email reader. Thunderbird so many more features and it syncs with my AOL, ATT, GMAIL, and Yahoo
    email accounts.

For Calender, I uninstalled it as well, and installed OneCalendar from the Windows App store, or try www.onecalendar.nl It's very cleanly designed and works well for me.

Deleting Windows 10 Mail and Calendar, and installing Thunderbird and OneCalendar solved my problem.

Good luck with it.

Dag57, May 7, 2016
  3. How do I set up folders to store email in the mail app in Windows 10?

I have been using Mozilla's Thunderbird for email and I can easily create folders for storing email and easily move an email from any account into a folder (that is, the folders are not tied to each email account).

Can the mail app in Windows 10 do this, or should I stay with Thunderbird?

Steven Mays, May 7, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

I do not use the Mail app.

From what I understand, if you are using your Microsoft Account to sign in, you cannot delete the email account.
    You will need to sign in on a local account in order to do that.

That's what I was told.

davidhk, May 7, 2016
  5. evhid1 Win User
    I am not to familiar with this windows 10 stuff, so I don't know if I need to sign in with my Microsoft account for one and two, "You will need to sign in on a local account", how do I do that? The main reason I want to remove my outlook.com account is so I don't have my email going to both Thunderbird AND the outlook.com account too. Thanks again for your help.

evhid1, May 7, 2016
  6. davidhk Win User
    Start > Settings > Accounts > right side.....................

Accounts in windows 10 and Thunderbird [​IMG]

davidhk, May 7, 2016
  7. evhid1 Win User
    Ok, got it. Thanks again.

evhid1, May 7, 2016
  8. davidhk Win User

davidhk, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Accounts in windows 10 and Thunderbird - Similar Threads - Accounts Thunderbird

2. add NUC/windows device to account, only has options for surface or Xbox

in Windows 10 Gaming
    add NUC/windows device to account, only has options for surface or Xbox: Hi there,i have recently had to return my newly purchased NUC to intel for warranty, i have received the new NUC, re-installed the same hard drive. the NUC works fine but windows now needs activating. i can see the old NUC under my Microsoft logins but when i go to login to...
  3. I can't sign in thunderbird mail app and windows mail with my upgraded Proton mail account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't sign in thunderbird mail app and windows mail with my upgraded Proton mail account: i am using windows 10 22h2 pro with all latest windows updates installed I tried the following: https://proton.me/mail/bridgeeven though i had my valid my username and password i can't sign in thunderbird mail app and windows mail app but i can sign in any web browser...
  4. I can't sign in thunderbird mail app and windows mail with my upgraded Proton mail account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't sign in thunderbird mail app and windows mail with my upgraded Proton mail account: i am using windows 10 22h2 pro with all latest windows updates installed I tried the following: https://proton.me/mail/bridgeeven though i had my valid my username and password i can't sign in thunderbird mail app and windows mail app but i can sign in any web browser...
  5. Microsoft Unusual Account Activity for email accessed in Thunderbird.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Unusual Account Activity for email accessed in Thunderbird.: I'm running a MS account and accessing email using Thunderbird on W10. Everything up to date.Just recently when I open TBird to access the email I get a simultaneous email from the Microsoft account team saying they have detected unusual activity logging in from a different...
  6. Microsoft Unusual Account Activity for email accessed in Thunderbird.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Unusual Account Activity for email accessed in Thunderbird.: I'm running a MS account and accessing email using Thunderbird on W10. Everything up to date.Just recently when I open TBird to access the email I get a simultaneous email from the Microsoft account team saying they have detected unusual activity logging in from a different...
  7. Microsoft Unusual Account Activity for email accessed in Thunderbird.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. Wiped out all my Thunderbird accounts..

in Browsers and Email
    Wiped out all my Thunderbird accounts..: Here's one for you I bet you haven't heard yet. A window popped up saying my SD card I use to run portable apps off had errors and would I like Windows to correct it. I naturally said yes, and Windows came back with another poppup saying the drive was repaired. I then...
  9. Wiped out all my Thunderbird accounts..

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Wiped out all my Thunderbird accounts..: Here's one for you I bet you haven't heard yet. A window popped up saying my SD card I use to run portable apps off had errors and would I like Windows to correct it. I naturally said yes, and Windows came back with another poppup saying the drive was repaired. I then...
  10. Can I export my mail accounts from Thunderbird and import them into the K9 mailapp (Android)?

in Browsers and Email
    Can I export my mail accounts from Thunderbird and import them into the K9 mailapp (Android)?: I use several mail addresses (work, private and for newsletters, platforms), because I don't want to have a separate app for every account on my smartphone, but rather have everything in the K9 mailapp, I would have to enter everything there. Is it possible to export the...