Windows 10: Acer one netbook from Win 8 to ten

Discus and support Acer one netbook from Win 8 to ten in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Im trying to help out an elderly friend and update his netbook from windows 8 to windows 10 however his netbook will not activate even though it is a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JRockZ, May 14, 2016.

1. JRockZ Win User

Acer one netbook from Win 8 to ten

Im trying to help out an elderly friend and update his netbook from windows 8 to windows 10 however his netbook will not activate even though it is a factory install. I recently ran acer recovery manager and wiped everything back to new and it still will not activate. When I try to run the 10 installation its asking for a product key number!! so I guess im stuck!
    ive done a few searches but haven't found a fix yet so figured id ask for help here!!
    Thanks

:)

JRockZ, May 14, 2016

2. Anyone happy with Windows 10? adjusted to 9.1 and do not want the Win 10 thanks

can not go back to win 8 the big reason

Moved from Internet Explorer

Original title: any one happy with win ten? adjusted to 9.1 and do not want the win ten thanks

dennis vedin, May 14, 2016
  3. Cannot find ub6250 driver for Windows 10

I used the 32 bit version. Worked great on Acer aspire one netbook.

DaveHowerdel, May 14, 2016
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Start by running showkey plus from this forum. Click on the product keys it shows and they will blank out. Then post the result screen here and we can help:
    Showkey - Windows 10 Forums

NavyLCDR, May 14, 2016
  5. JRockZ Win User
    Thank you sir!

Product Name Windows 8

Product Id: 00179-6####-52@@@-AAOEM

Installed key:^^^^-#####-9XBTT-####-CJ8YG

OEM Key: :^^^^-#####-9XBTT-####-CJ8YG

OEM Edition: Win 8 RTM Core OEM; DM

Thanks

JRockZ, May 14, 2016
  6. NavyLCDR New Member
    You need to blank out the product keys.

NavyLCDR, May 14, 2016
  7. NavyLCDR New Member
    You are more than likely attempting to install the wrong edition of Windows 10. You need the regular Windows 10. NOT Single Language, NOT "N" version, just plain old Windows 10. The installation media you are trying to install from should also be build 10586 - downloaded and created sometime after November, 2015. The correct edition of Windows 10 and build 10586 will not ask for a product key during either an in place upgrade or a clean install because it will read and use the Windows 8 Product Key.

NavyLCDR, May 14, 2016
  8. JRockZ Win User

I just went to windows.com and downloaded and tried to install so how do I find the correct version?

Thanks

JRockZ, May 14, 2016
  9. NavyLCDR New Member
    NavyLCDR, May 14, 2016
  10. JRockZ Win User
    Thanks I did see that, but I was hoping for a direct install but that's cool I can make a usb stick thanks!

Edit: oops that's not what I saw Muchos Gracias Amigo!
    Thanks

JRockZ, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Acer one netbook from Win 8 to ten - Similar Threads - Acer netbook ten

2. Update from Win 8 to Win 8.1

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update from Win 8 to Win 8.1: I have downloaded Win 8.1 and in an attempt to install it on my system currently running on Win 8, it's taking more than 8 hours and it's still stuck at 0% complete.Therefore something is not right.I have a strong internet connection.Please someone help!...
  3. Update from Win 8 to Win 8.1

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Update from Win 8 to Win 8.1: I have downloaded Win 8.1 and in an attempt to install it on my system currently running on Win 8, it's taking more than 8 hours and it's still stuck at 0% complete.Therefore something is not right.I have a strong internet connection.Please someone help!...
  4. Update from Win 8 to Win 8.1

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Update from Win 8 to Win 8.1: I have downloaded Win 8.1 from Microsoft site and on unzipping to install and upgrade my Win 8, it's taking like forever for the installation to progress past 0% complete.Please what do I do?...
  5. Transfer of Win 10 licence from netbook to another PC?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transfer of Win 10 licence from netbook to another PC?: I've got an old HP Netbook remember netbooks? - almost as successful a 'line' as the DMC DeLorean, but far less power shipped with Windows 7 Starter OEM, upgraded via the 'Windows Anytime Upgrade' to Windows 7 Home Premium purchased key, then later to Windows 10 Home in early...
  6. win 7 OR WIN 10 for Acer Aspire One D270

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    win 7 OR WIN 10 for Acer Aspire One D270: win 7 OR WIN 10 for Acer Aspire One D270 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-7-or-win-10-for-acer-aspire-one-d270/a2b923ce-dca5-4197-a4f2-e7cc0f75629f
  7. upgrade from win 8 to win 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    upgrade from win 8 to win 10: hi can I upgrade my win 8 on a tablet samsung Ativ tab3 to win 10 thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-from-win-8-to-win-10/61700be7-585e-4c5c-8493-1a14befff78e
  8. Win 10 on a 2013 netbook

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Win 10 on a 2013 netbook: Hey all! So I've gotten my hands on the 2013 Asus F102B netbook of a friend. It suffered the infamous black screen and he offered it to me if I could fix it. A 35€ mainboard plus new thermal paste and about 16 hours of Windows updates later here we are. After everything was...
  9. Major Win Ten

in Windows 10 Support
    Major Win Ten: I may have made a major mistake. I bought a Dell GX 755 with win 10 installed. I hooked it up in replacement of another Dell GX 620 and turned it on it booted fine. Now here comes the mistakes. I had a Reflect Image of old unit. I had my bootup disc to load the image so I...
  10. acer aspire one d 150 netbook upgrade to windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    acer aspire one d 150 netbook upgrade to windows 10: acer aspire one d 150 netbook 2 gig ram 120 gig hd Processor / Chipset CPU Intel Atom N270 / 1.6 GHz Cache L2 - 512 KB Data Bus Speed 533 MHz Chipset Type Mobile Intel 945GSE Express Graphics Processor Intel GMA 950 10.1 inch monitor upgraded it...