Windows 10: Acer v5 new Win iteration random restarts

Discus and support Acer v5 new Win iteration random restarts in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; First off I apologize to the forum moderator for posting this in the wrong section earlier. Next, the original thread is @ Laptop random reboot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Marko1401, Jan 14, 2018.

1. Marko1401 Win User

Acer v5 new Win iteration random restarts

First off I apologize to the forum moderator for posting this in the wrong section earlier.

Next, the original thread is @
    Laptop random reboot after update to latest win edition - Windows 10 Forums

My laptop sometimes unexpectedly restarts. NO BSOD - Simply kinda like a log off log on thing, that crashes the system.
    My real reported problem is below :

"The previous system shutdown at 6:12:10 PM on ‎12/‎29/‎2017 was unexpected."

HArdware :

"Description
    A problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.

Problem signature
    Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEvent
    Code: 141
    Parameter 1: ffffd40c3a0f4010
    Parameter 2: fffff80e114ecd78
    Parameter 3: 0
    Parameter 4: 7f24
    OS version: 10_0_16299
    Service Pack: 0_0
    Product: 256_1
    OS Version: 10.0.16299.2.0.0.256.48
    Locale ID: 1050"

"Description
    A problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.

Problem signature
    Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEvent
    Code: 141
    Parameter 1: ffffd40c3d46a010
    Parameter 2: fffff80e114ecd78
    Parameter 3: 0
    Parameter 4: a7fc
    OS version: 10_0_16299
    Service Pack: 0_0
    Product: 256_1
    OS Version: 10.0.16299.2.0.0.256.48
    Locale ID: 1050

There params repoters are :

Can someone help out?

:)

Marko1401, Jan 14, 2018
  2. blaxert Win User

how to extend my display using win 10?

Having trouble using second monitor on my new win 10. My laptop is Acer Aspire V5-471 i5 with Intel HD Graphics 4000. Does anyone have the same problems with me?

blaxert, Jan 14, 2018
  3. Screen Does Not Turn On After "Turn Off Display "

I bought a new laptop ( Acer aspire V5-573G) with windows 10 installed a week ago and the laptop screen does not turn on after "Turn Off Display " even all other components working.The screen does not on after pressing keys and hovering mouse, although
    there is no problem when laptop goes to sleep. I have to restart the computer each time it happens.

Please tell me it is a hardware issue or software and any solution i can work upon

Acer aspire V5-573G

intel core i7

Windows 10 (fully updated)

Nishant kumar_, Jan 14, 2018
  4. philc43 Win User

Here is a memory diagnostic test you can run:

Acer v5 new Win iteration random restarts [​IMG]
    Diagnostic Test
    RAM TEST

Run MemTest86+ - Test RAM - Windows 10 Forums

Note

MemTest86+ needs to be run for at least 8 complete passes for conclusive results. Set it running before you go to bed and leave it overnight. We're looking for zero errors here. Even a single error will indicate RAM failure.

Make a photo of the result and post it.

Addition:
    If errors show up you can stop the test, remove all sticks but 1 and test this single stick in each slot for 8 passes or until errors show, switch sticks and repeat.

philc43, Jan 15, 2018
  5. Marko1401 Win User
    I'll try that.

I there no newer test software that you can just install and run?

Marko1401, Jan 15, 2018
  6. philc43 Win User
    Actually I and the other analysts on here all prefer this tool - it reliably detects any problems with RAM provided you let it run for the full 8 passes as recommended above. It runs from a bootable CD or USB drive and so you are not using your OS at all.

philc43, Jan 15, 2018
  7. Marko1401 Win User
    Yes but I cant get it to boot Acer v5 new Win iteration random restarts :)
    And did everything as instructed.
    Its pretty straightforward

Marko1401, Jan 16, 2018
  8. Marko1401 Win User

Marko1401, Jan 16, 2018
  9. zbook New Member
    Boot from USB Drive on Windows 10 PC Windows 10 Installation Upgrade Tutorials: Boot from USB Drive on Windows 10 PC Installation Upgrade Tutorials

Note
    If you have fast boot or ultra fast boot enabled in your UEFI firmware settings, then you will need to temporarily disable fast boot or ultra fast boot to be able to boot from a USB.
    How to Enable Fast Boot or Ultra Fast Boot in UEFI Firmware Settings for Windows: Enable or Disable Fast Boot in UEFI Firmware Settings for Windows Performance Maintenance Tutorials

1. Try another USB stick
    2. Try all USB ports (2.0 and 3.0)
    3. Maybe when using UEFI Bios you have to temporarily switch to Legacy in BIOS settings
    4. Turn off temporarily fast boot, secure boot, CSM if enabled

zbook, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Acer v5 new Win iteration random restarts - Similar Threads - Acer iteration random

2. Random Restart On New Build

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random Restart On New Build: Greetings, friends. I recently put together a new system (RTX 3090, AMD 5900X, Seasonic 850 PSU, X570 MB) on a Windows 10 Pro system. Everything is new, including M.2, and RAM). I'm not getting a BSOD, but I am randomly restarting, so I'm concern it may be a hardware...
  3. Acer Aspire V5-122P Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Acer Aspire V5-122P Windows 10: I installed windows 10 on my Acer Aspire V5-122p and after some days I started experiencing mouse lagging issue. I'm unable to recover my last windows due to the time....
  4. dwm.exe error on Acer V5-471 win 10-20h2 home at start-up

dwm.exe error on Acer V5-471 win 10-20h2 home at start-up: t would appear that the DWM.exe error has been around for several years. I will add my own experience to see if anyone who has resolved the issue as I haven't. For the record we are on Win 10 20h2, we have Intel 3000 graphics (eg not a Nvidia issue). The system was originally...
  5. Random restart win 10

Random restart win 10: Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power Date: 16-Aug-20 10:40:30 PM Event ID: 41 Task Category: 63 Level: Critical Keywords: 70368744177664,2 User: SYSTEM Computer: DESKTOP-0373J8L Description: The system...
  6. Acer Aspire V5-122P - Really slow, suggestions please

Acer Aspire V5-122P - Really slow, suggestions please: Hi everyone, I have the following laptop from many years and it was running windows 8, however it was really really slow and I have just installed windows 10 with the hope that reinstalling the windows would make it work quicker, however it is still really really slow, I...
  7. Windows 10 slow startup on Acer v5-571 laptop

Windows 10 slow startup on Acer v5-571 laptop: Why is the Acer v3-571 laptop so slooooooow to startup with Windows 10? I've tried clean re-installing Windows 10 with all files data deleted. turned off startup files and windows defender. NOTHING WORKS!!!! Why does Windows 10 take forever to start up on this laptop?...
  8. Will Windows 10 be able to run on an Acer Aspire v5-571pg?

Will Windows 10 be able to run on an Acer Aspire v5-571pg?: hi not to long ago i found an Acer Aspire v5-571pg, it has really good specs and i want to turn it into a computer i could use for digital art or work. I put in a new hard drive and now i want to put in an operating system via USB. I tryed to look up if this computer was...
  9. Acer v5 windows 10 trackpad gestures

Acer v5 windows 10 trackpad gestures: Hi guys, has any of you had any luck setting up gestures in windows 10 - without going into registry and doing some potentially dangerous tweaks? Id like to enable the gestures. Its not critically important but why not. Thanks. P.s. Love the forum. Great tips as...
  10. Unable to Upgrade or Install Windows 10 on Acer Aspire V5-573G

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to Upgrade or Install Windows 10 on Acer Aspire V5-573G: I have Aspire V5-573G, which has all hardware requirements for Windows 10. The problem is when I tried to upgrade from windows 8.1 to 10 after 30%, the installation stops and roll backs to windows 8.1, I tried this 3 times and fed up. It gave me error "The installion failed...