Windows 10: Enable or Disable Fast Boot in UEFI Firmware Settings for Windows

Discus and support Enable or Disable Fast Boot in UEFI Firmware Settings for Windows in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Enable or Disable Fast Boot in UEFI Firmware Settings for Windows How to Enable or Disable Fast Boot in UEFI Firmware Settings for Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Jesse Williams, Jan 25, 2016.

1. Enable or Disable Fast Boot in UEFI Firmware Settings for Windows

How to: Enable or Disable Fast Boot in UEFI Firmware Settings for Windows

How to Enable or Disable Fast Boot in UEFI Firmware Settings for Windows

Enable or Disable Fast Boot in UEFI Firmware Settings for Windows [​IMG]
    Information The Fast Boot feature for UEFI motherboards has a Fast and Ultra Fast option that allows your PC to boot much faster than normal.

This tutorial will show you how to enable or disable Fast Boot in your UEFI firmware settings for Windows 8, Windows 8.1, and Windows 10.

Note The Fast Boot settings will vary per brand, model, and firmware version of your motherboard, so please also read your motherboard manual for it's specific settings on this.

The tutorial below is based on a ASRock x79 Extreme11 motherboard with the latest firmware.

Please feel free to post screenshots showing these settings for your motherboard to help others.

Fast Boot Options:

Fast
    Ultra Fast

Tip If you also turn on Fast Startup in Windows 10, your PC will boot even faster.

Here's How:

1. Boot to UEFI firmware settings.

2. Click on the Boot icon, and click on the Fast Boot setting. (see screenshot below)

3. Select the Disabled (normal), Fast, or Ultra Fast option you want for Fast Boot. (see screenshot below)

4. Click on the Exit icon, and click on Save Changes and Exit to apply your changes, restart the computer, and boot to Windows. (see screenshot below)

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Jesse Williams, Jan 25, 2016

2. [Solved] windows 10 error code 0x8007025d - 0x2000c

• Enable or Disable Fast Boot in UEFI Firmware Settings for Windows [​IMG]
      Warning

• Before you get started installing Windows 10, be sure that you temporarily
      disable Secure Boot
      and

Fast Boot
      in your
      UEFI firmware settings
      until finished. Some motherboards do not support booting from a USB flash drive with these enabled.

Once installation has finished, you can enable Secure Boot and Fast Boot again if you like

special110, Jan 25, 2016
  3. Sumit Dhiman2, Jan 25, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Enable or Disable Fast Boot in UEFI Firmware Settings for Windows

Hello Jesse, *Smile

It may not have the Fast Boot feature. What's the full model number of your computer?

Brink, Jan 25, 2016
  5. It's an Aspire Aspire XC603G Desktop.

Jesse Williams, Jan 25, 2016
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    I looked at screenshots showing all the usual BIOS settings for your computer, and it doesn't appear to have the Fast Boot feature available. *Sad

Brink, Jan 25, 2016
  7. Okay. Thanks Shawn. No big deal!

Jesse Williams, Jan 26, 2016
  8. Solotude Win User

can someone help me with how to get this

Solotude, Aug 2, 2016
  9. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hello Solotude, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

What's the brand (Dell?) and model number of your computer?

If it's a home built system instead, then what's the brand and model number of your motherboard?

Brink, Aug 2, 2016
  10. nomaddc Win User
    Hey, could someone help me set this thing up?

I have built my system myself, specs are:
    MB: ASRock Z97 Extreme4
    CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K CPU @ 3.50GHz
    GPU: Asus NVidia GeForce GTX 980 Strix

So far what I managed to achieve:
    Turned on Ultra Fast Boot like said above in bios, but this doesn't seem to work at all - actually now PC hangs for a bit on startup asrock logo, and only then boots as normally.

nomaddc, Aug 25, 2016
  11. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hello nomaddc, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

Do you have the same settings as my ASRock in the screenshots in the tutorial?

If so, double check to see if you have them set the same to see if that helps. It sounds like you have "Full screen logo" enabled, and possibly "Setup Prompt Timeout" set for too long for the delay you are seeing.

Brink, Aug 25, 2016
  12. nomaddc Win User
    Thanks! Settings now are the same, with few differences. I have only 1 boot option: Windows Boot Manager

nomaddc, Aug 25, 2016
  13. Brink
    Brink New Member

Did that sort it for you?

Brink, Aug 25, 2016
  14. nomaddc Win User
    Nope, still same issue

nomaddc, Aug 25, 2016
  15. nomaddc Win User
    More of an issue is that it seems to not work at all, windows takes quite a bit to boot too.

I will be doing a fresh install in few hours, as it got way too unstable. Anythig specific I should do, or it is same default uefi install?

nomaddc, Aug 25, 2016
Thema:

1. Enable or Disable Fast Boot in UEFI Firmware Settings for Windows - Similar Threads - Enable Disable Fast

2. The UEFI firmware settings missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The UEFI firmware settings missing: The UEFI firmware settings on my window 10 pro missing . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-uefi-firmware-settings-missing/c26c52fa-82d6-4d11-b41b-9e94ad91b866
  3. The UEFI firmware settings missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The UEFI firmware settings missing: The UEFI firmware settings on my window 10 pro missing . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-uefi-firmware-settings-missing/c26c52fa-82d6-4d11-b41b-9e94ad91b866
  4. The UEFI firmware settings missing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. uefi firmware settings won't boot to bios windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    uefi firmware settings won't boot to bios windows 11: I've used the advance option start up thing to select UEFI Firmware settings on windows 11 to try and boot to the bios, but it will not bring me to the bios. When it restarts it just boots up as normal. I need to access the bios but I can't.My motherboard is Gigabyte Z390...
  6. uefi firmware settings won't boot to bios windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    uefi firmware settings won't boot to bios windows 11: I've used the advance option start up thing to select UEFI Firmware settings on windows 11 to try and boot to the bios, but it will not bring me to the bios. When it restarts it just boots up as normal. I need to access the bios but I can't.My motherboard is Gigabyte Z390...
  7. UEFI firmware settings SAMSUNG

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    UEFI firmware settings SAMSUNG: Hello all, My system specs are the following: Windows 10 Enterprise 64-bit UEFI Bios Phoenix BIOS version and drivers are updated, also confirmed by Slimdrivers. Samsung Series 5 ULTRA 530U4C-S02PT Also: It is an hybrid drive, 1TB HDD & 24GB SSD that is supposedly well...
  8. UEFI firmware settings screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    UEFI firmware settings screen: I upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7 (32Bit), Since, I have lost access to my DVD drive. The Device Manager shows: [img] The drive has always been connected and worked fine with Windows 7; the hardware has never been altered or messed about with. So I decided...
  9. Create Shortcut to Boot to UEFI Firmware Settings in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Create Shortcut to Boot to UEFI Firmware Settings in Windows 10: How to: Create Shortcut to Boot to UEFI Firmware Settings in Windows 10 [img] Information Most computers have a specific key which when pressed when computer is started lets user to access UEFI (Firmware) settings. On laptop I'm using to write this, it's the ESC key....
  10. Boot to UEFI Firmware Settings from inside Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Boot to UEFI Firmware Settings from inside Windows 10: How to: Boot to UEFI Firmware Settings from inside Windows 10 How to Boot to UEFI Firmware Settings from inside Windows 10 [img] Information UEFI (Unified Extensible Firmware Interface) is a standard firmware interface for PCs, designed to replace BIOS (basic...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how do i disable fast boot in uefi firmware settings