Windows 10: Acer Windows 10 Startup Screen Lock. Please Help

Discus and support Acer Windows 10 Startup Screen Lock. Please Help in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi All. I purchased myself an Acer Aspire ES15 laptop in the black Friday deals last October. The laptop was running smoothly and quickly up until... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by chillif1, May 22, 2016.

1. chillif1 Win User

Acer Windows 10 Startup Screen Lock. Please Help

Hi All.
    I purchased myself an Acer Aspire ES15 laptop in the black Friday deals last October. The laptop was running smoothly and quickly up until about February. Where one day when I turned it on, I seem to be locked in the startup screen. I had tried restarting the laptop on several occasions and unfortunatley this has not fixed the issue. I cant seem to type in my password. I won't be able to do a system restore or anything until I log in either so seems like I'm stuffed!
    Does anyone have an easy fix for this.
    Many Thanks

:)

chillif1, May 22, 2016
  2. MoJoLee Win User

Startup pictures are gone!

I'm using an Acer Aspire V5-552P laptop. I have checked the Lock screen settings, and they are set as Windows Spotlight as my lock screen and show Lock screen background picture at startup is set to ON. Hope this helps in identifying and fixing my problem.

MoJoLee, May 22, 2016
  3. How to get back latest lock screen on Windows 10 after system restore?

I had a startup issue on my laptop running windows 10. I did a system restore. It started up just fine. But I got the old lock screen (from the time I chose to do a system restore). I changed the lock screen in settings. I'm getting the new lock
    screen when I lock the computer while using it, but I'm still getting the old lock screen on startup. Also I can't see my previous lock screen photos in settings (please check the pic I've attached). Please help me fix this.

Acer Windows 10 Startup Screen Lock. Please Help [​IMG]

Legendary8125, May 22, 2016
  4. Acer Windows 10 Startup Screen Lock. Please Help

There should be a key you can press on boot up to do the factory reset. You will most likely lose any files you have saved though. Turning it on and then immediately back off again (hold down the power button) 3 times in a row is supposed to automatically start it in the startup repair mode.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...dows-10-a.html

alphanumeric, May 22, 2016
  5. alphanumeric, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Acer Windows 10 Startup Screen Lock. Please Help

1. Acer Windows 10 Startup Screen Lock. Please Help - Similar Threads - Acer Startup Screen

2. Stuck on lock screen. Please help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck on lock screen. Please help: I updated my aunt's laptop for her now when we turn it on it says "Your pin is no longer available due to a change to the security settings on this device. Click to set up your pin." I click on "set up my PIN" then its making me sign into her old Microsoft account which she...
  3. Stuck on lock screen. Please help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuck on lock screen. Please help: I updated my aunt's laptop for her now when we turn it on it says "Your pin is no longer available due to a change to the security settings on this device. Click to set up your pin." I click on "set up my PIN" then its making me sign into her old Microsoft account which she...
  4. Disable startup lock screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable startup lock screen: Hello,I've been trying to get rid of the lock screen for hours, i can't manage to do it.I tried the techniques here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-startup-lock-screen/dd8ec354-e035-4809-bbea-e0847aba5afb- I am using a local account- Windows 10...
  5. Num Lock on Startup. Please

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Num Lock on Startup. Please: I know this horse is already dead. It's been beaten repeatedly for years. Just the same, I am here to flog it some more.For the love of all that is good in the world, please make Num Lock = ON the default state for Windows.If that's not a reasonable request, please add a...
  6. Num Lock on Startup. Please

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Num Lock on Startup. Please: I know this horse is already dead. It's been beaten repeatedly for years. Just the same, I am here to flog it some more.For the love of all that is good in the world, please make Num Lock = ON the default state for Windows.If that's not a reasonable request, please add a...
  7. Help with Lock Screen PLEASE

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help with Lock Screen PLEASE: My computer (Windows 10 desktop PC) keeps locking the screen and requiring me to type in my password to unlock it after 1 MINUTE of innactivity. I have tried the following with no fix: Changing my theme to default Turning off the screen saver/changing it to 30min Changing...
  8. Acer laptop showing black screen at startup

in Windows 10 Customization
    Acer laptop showing black screen at startup: I just installed a new SSD to replace the old hard drive. Windows has been reinstalled with the updates. When booting up I see the Acer logo and then it switches to a black screen instead of the windows account login page. If I hold the power button down for a few seconds the...
  9. Windows 10 Asterisk sound on Lock Screen Help Please

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Asterisk sound on Lock Screen Help Please: Hello, When i sleep my Computer. And wake it up with a single mouse button click. The asterisk sound triggers As the computer wakes up and shows the lockscreen. It is kind of annoying because if i wake my computer up from sleep pressing a Key or the ON/OFF button on the...
  10. Being absolutely tortured by lock screen lock ups...please help!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Being absolutely tortured by lock screen lock ups...please help!: Ok I've been suffering this issue with Windows 10 for as long as I can remember, and it's stopping me using it as the primary OS. In short I have two, intermittent issues which nothing I do seems to resolve. 1: After waking up from sleep and typing my username password...