Windows 10: Activation prompts

Discus and support Activation prompts in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am getting a red banner stating that my activation would expire soon. I got one last month, and I reactivated. But today, it popped up again. I ran... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by djbillyd, Jul 8, 2018.

1. djbillyd Win User

Activation prompts

I am getting a red banner stating that my activation would expire soon. I got one last month, and I reactivated. But today, it popped up again. I ran the Activation troubleshooter, and found nothing. So, why am I getting that message?

:)

djbillyd, Jul 8, 2018
  2. Bree Win User

Installation media boots to command prompt

I've just booted from known working install media to see exactly what it does when booting. The sequence of events is...

• Windows logo on a black screen
    • circling dots appear beneath the logo
    • light blue 'Please wait' screen with circling dots
    • a command prompt window (very briefly)
    • the initial Setup page appears

Do you see steps 1-3? If so, it appears you have stopped at step 4, suggesting that something on the disc cannot be read.

Does the disc boot properly in another machine? If so, try cleaning the laptop's drive lens then try booting from the disc again.

If not, make new install media with Microsoft's Media Creation Tool, either as a bootable USB, on an ISO that you can burn to another disc. At Step 8 in Option One of this tutorial you can choose between making a USB or an ISO.

Download Windows 10 ISO File

Bree, Jul 8, 2018
  3. cadaveca Win User
    Subsystem ID mismatch

Run atiwinflash from the DOS prompt in Windows. Follow the steps listed in the HD6950 mod article for DOS flashing.

cadaveca, Jul 8, 2018
  4. cwtech Win User

Activation prompts

command prompt will not open in safe mode with command prompt

Would I just follow the same steps within safe mode after hooking up to the other system?

cwtech, Jul 8, 2018
Thema:

Activation prompts

1. Activation prompts - Similar Threads - Activation prompts

2. Did system reset and lost win 10 activation / wasnt prompted

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Did system reset and lost win 10 activation / wasnt prompted: I did a system reset on my system I have had for years with win 10 pro activated. After the reset I could no longer activate win 10 through troubleshoot. I wasn't prompted that this would have happened as I would have avoided this. unfortunately I no longer have the case...
  3. Windows prompted me to activate my already activated copy of windows, but can't - error...

Windows prompted me to activate my already activated copy of windows, but can't - error...: Hi, I upgraded to windows 10 from 8.1 some time ago and everything had been going fine until I see a message saying that my windows activation will expire soon. I tried re-entering my key and it gave me an error. Tried some of the work arounds I have seen on these forums...
  4. Prompt to activate the windows 10 pro

Prompt to activate the windows 10 pro: I constantly get prompted to activate the windows 10 pro, that I already have, How can I make it stop ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/prompt-to-activate-the-windows-10-pro/93e9ba9f-94f4-44a8-a202-ad058923d318"
  5. Windows is prompting me to activate after a motherboard change

Windows is prompting me to activate after a motherboard change: Hello As the title says, Windows is prompting me to activate after a motherboard change. I tried the in-built windows troubleshooter and selected the one pc that is listed there (I believe it's the same one, however I am not certain, since both the old and new motherboards...
  6. Activate Windows prompt error and Activation window white blank error.

Activate Windows prompt error and Activation window white blank error.: Its been 5 months of purchase of my laptop and now its showing blue windows activation prompt as shown... [ATTACH] and when I open activation window, it always displays blank and white window. [ATTACH] I have all the latest windows updates installed. Please help....
  7. Windows 10 Activation Prompt Won't go away no matter what I do - already Activated

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Activation Prompt Won't go away no matter what I do - already Activated: So, I have a genuine, activated Windows 10 Pro. A month ago it started asking to be activated even though it already is. I have gone through all possible solutions, including manually activating through command prompt and it still doesn't work. I have deduced that the problem...
  8. why doesnt the active directory service work in the command prompt?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    why doesnt the active directory service work in the command prompt?: I was just wondering why the active directory services don't work in the command prompt.i have come to realize that this is quite a common issue.Im lost, could someone help me out?e help me out?...
  9. Quick CMD-Prompt pops up and disappears - Related to Activation Key..?

Quick CMD-Prompt pops up and disappears - Related to Activation Key..?: Noticed when I install a fresh copy of Windows 10 Creators Update and don't have the computer connected to the network / internet... When the PC starts and logs in to the desktop I notice one or sometimes two CMD Prompt-like Windows quickly appear and disappear on the...
  10. mystery keyboard shortcut activates Sleep without prompt

in Windows 10 Support
    mystery keyboard shortcut activates Sleep without prompt: Let me preface this with yes I did google and searched on this forum and no I couldn't find anything that seemed to fit this issue. I tried Alt+F4 and that was not the same result. When the issue occurred, I was playing a game and within the game there is a debug on/off...