Windows 10: Add and Remove Accounts used by other apps in Windows 10

Discus and support Add and Remove Accounts used by other apps in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Add and Remove Accounts used by other apps in Windows 10 How to Add and Remove Accounts used by other apps in Windows 10 Windows 10 makes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Scottyboy99, Jul 18, 2018.

1. Add and Remove Accounts used by other apps in Windows 10

How to: Add and Remove Accounts used by other apps in Windows 10

How to Add and Remove Accounts used by other apps in Windows 10

Windows 10 makes it easy to add the accounts you use for your apps in one place in Settings > Accounts > Email & accounts so you can sign in to your favorite apps easier and faster.

When you add an account in this central location in Settings, that account will be a listed account available to select to sign in to an app with. This can be handy so you no longer have to manually add the account for each individual app you want to sign in to with it.

This tutorial will show you how to add and remove accounts used by other apps to sign in with for your account in Windows 10.

Contents

EXAMPLE: Added account available to sign in to an app with

Add and Remove Accounts used by other apps in Windows 10 [​IMG]

OPTION ONE [/i] Add Account used by other apps
    If you sign in to Windows 10 with a Microsoft account, this account will automatically be added under Accounts used by other apps.

1 Open Settings, and click/tap on the Accounts icon.

2 Click/tap on Email & accounts on the left side, and click/tap on the Add a Microsoft account or Add a work or school account link under Accounts used by other apps on the right side for which type of account you want to add. (see screenshot below)

3 For a Microsoft account, enter its registered email address, phone number, or Skype, and click/tap on Next. (see screenshot below)

4 Enter the password for the account you want to add, and click/tap on Sign in. (see screenshot below)

5 If prompted to verify your Microsoft account with Windows Hello, click/tap on OK. (see screenshot below)

A) Select the Windows Hello credential you want to use and provide the needed info for the account you are adding. (see screenshot below)

6 In Settings, click/tap on the added account under Accounts used by other apps, and select Microsoft apps can sign me in or Apps need to ask me to use this account for how you want this account to be used by apps. (see screenshot below)

7 When finished, you can close Settings if you like.

OPTION TWO [/i] Add Account used by other apps
    1 Open Settings, and click/tap on the Accounts icon.

2 Click/tap on Email & accounts on the left side, and click/tap on the account you want to remove under Accounts used by other apps on the right side, and click/tap on the Remove button. (see screenshot below)

If you sign in to Windows 10 with a Microsoft account, this account will not be able to remove this account.

3 Click/tap on Yes to confirm. (see screenshot below)

If you remove this account, email and content associated with it will be removed from this device. If an organization manages this device, other stored data may be removed by your organization.

4 When finished, you can close Settings if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Scottyboy99, Jul 18, 2018
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Oct 27, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Oct 27, 2019
  4. 95Viper Win User

Add and Remove Accounts used by other apps in Windows 10

95Viper, Oct 27, 2019
  5. Cannot remove Mail app account

Hi,

For us to provide the appropriate troubleshooting step to resolve the issue, we'd like to ask for additional details. Please answer the following:

• Have you made any recent changes or installed updates before this issue occurred?
    • Are you also getting an error message when trying to remove the email account?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    For initial troubleshooting, we suggest running the Windows App Troubleshooter.

We look forward to your response.

Jennifer Cha, Oct 27, 2019
  6. Outlook App will not connect to account in Windows 10

Hi,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, please few provide few details.

• Are you referring Mail app on Windows 10?

• Is your system is connected to internet?

This might happens, when the Email id is not configured properly With the Mail app.

I suggest you to remove the Email id from the Mail app and try adding it again.

I would suggest you to remove your outlook.com Email ID from the mail app and try add it again.

Follow the below link:

Outlook help - Office Support

Note: Steps mentioned for Windows 8/8.1 will work fine with Windows 10.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

Add and Remove Accounts used by other apps in Windows 10

1. Add and Remove Accounts used by other apps in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Add Remove Accounts

2. Can't remove accounts used by other apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't remove accounts used by other apps: For this problem this is a solution Add and Remove Microsoft, Work, or School Accounts used to sign in by other apps in Windows 11 Tutorial Windows 11 Forum elevenforum.com...
  3. Can't remove accounts used by other apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't remove accounts used by other apps: For this problem this is a solution Add and Remove Microsoft, Work, or School Accounts used to sign in by other apps in Windows 11 Tutorial Windows 11 Forum elevenforum.com...
  4. Can't remove an Account used by other apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't remove an Account used by other apps: Multiple times a day I get a pop up in the middle of my screen saying that I need to sign into my workplace or school account. The email doesn't exist, the school has shut the servers down for that email address, even if the servers where up I have no clue what the password...
  5. Remove an 'Account used by other apps' on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove an 'Account used by other apps' on Windows 10: On Windows 10, under 'Email & app accounts' - 'Accounts used by other apps' I have a 'Work or school account' listed that I would like to remove. However, there is no option to remove this account.Please provide details on how to fix this....
  6. Remove an 'Account used by other apps' on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove an 'Account used by other apps' on Windows 10: On Windows 10, under 'Email & app accounts' - 'Accounts used by other apps' I have a 'Work or school account' listed that I would like to remove. However, there is no option to remove this account.Please provide details on how to fix this....
  7. Remove an 'Account used by other apps' on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Removing account used by other apps.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Removing account used by other apps.: I am trying to remove an old work account from my personal PC. I no longer work where I used to and cannot log into that account. How to I remove the account?...
  9. Remove Microsoft Account in Accounts used by other apps

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Remove Microsoft Account in Accounts used by other apps: I've accidently associated another Microsoft Account to my Local Administrator user account on Windows 10 and it doesn't let me remove it. There's no Remove button and I don't understand the reason. I go to Change Account Settings > Email & Accounts > Account used by other...
  10. Need to remove an account in "Accounts used by other apps"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Need to remove an account in "Accounts used by other apps": I still have an inactive (deleted) account that I need to get rid of in Window10. "10" occasionally wants me to log into it and then tells me the account doesn't exist. It doesn't and I want to delete it from Windows 10...