Windows 10: Add New folder in Windows 10 Mail

Discus and support Add New folder in Windows 10 Mail in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hello I'm usually use Mozilla thunderbird as Mail application Since I've two new machine installed with Windows 10 I'm trying to figure out if the... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by olibara, Oct 31, 2015.

1. olibara Win User

Add New folder in Windows 10 Mail

Hello
    I'm usually use Mozilla thunderbird as Mail application
    Since I've two new machine installed with Windows 10 I'm trying to figure out if the native Mail application in Windows 10 can be a good alternative

For now my feeling is mostly negative

- I didn't find any way to create Mail folder and organize my Mail
    - No way to create mail rules

I can't believe that Windows 10 mail is so "primitive"

I look around on internet to find solution

I've found this
    Organize e-mail using rules and folders

But it does not work on my version of mail, no "File menu"

Is Mail on windows 10 really so "bad" ?

Thanks for any help

:)

olibara, Oct 31, 2015

2. How to add folder in Mail on windows 10

Eleanor Lacourse, Oct 31, 2015
  3. folders

how do I make new mail folders now that I'm using windows 10

wont let me add folders from mail

richscotch, Oct 31, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Oct 31, 2015
  5. olibara Win User
    Thank you Brink
    So it means that Mail folders are not directly managed by the new "Mail" application in Windows 10
    With Thunderbird you can creates any kind of folder Hierarchy that you want and set rules to automatically move mail to specific folder
    This is much more easy and powerful

Even with Outlook Express it was possible
    Mail in now configured to send and receive mail from my provider but no way to create Folders and rules in the Mail application
    So the new "Mail" is still far behind
    I will switch to Thunderbird again

olibara, Oct 31, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Yeah, the Mail app is still pretty basic. Hopefully, this and more features will be added over time.

Brink, Oct 31, 2015
  7. olibara Win User
    Thanks a lot Brinks

I'm a bit astonish anyway that Microsoft when launching a new Mail application bundled with all the effort they seem to have put in Windows 10 are so far from what was possible in Outlook Express years ago !

olibara, Oct 31, 2015
  8. davidhk Win User

In my opinion, Mail app is no better than a middleman, and a poor one at that. Primitive is the right word.
    Why even bother using it when you can use your T-bird directly and be able to utilize all the features.

davidhk, Nov 1, 2015
  9. olibara Win User
    Thank you Billy 268
    You are right I will switch to T..bird

But I was just too optimistic ...
    When I saw that new Mail app in the new promising Windows 10 I thought ah ah ! this should be the improved successor of the late Outlook Express
    I was wrong *Confused

olibara, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Add New folder in Windows 10 Mail - Similar Threads - Add folder Mail

2. Unable to add new folders to windows mail app.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to add new folders to windows mail app.: II have recently installed windows 11, including the windows mail app. I need to add new folders to this. The standard advice seems to be that this can be done by clicking on a plus sign next to the "Folder" option, but no such plus sign is visible. I have followed advice to...
  3. Unable to add new folders to windows mail app.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to add new folders to windows mail app.: II have recently installed windows 11, including the windows mail app. I need to add new folders to this. The standard advice seems to be that this can be done by clicking on a plus sign next to the "Folder" option, but no such plus sign is visible. I have followed advice to...
  4. Add folders to Windows 11 Mail for POP account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Add folders to Windows 11 Mail for POP account: I recently setup my email to pull in my POP3 email account mail. The account is setup correctly and my mail is coming and going correctly. I wanted to add folders to this new account. When opening "More" I do not get the "+" symbol to add a new folder. Any help would be...
  5. Can't add new accounts on Mail & Calendar for Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't add new accounts on Mail & Calendar for Windows 10: 0x8007042b error whenever I try to add a Gmail or Yahoo! account. I've followed these directions to no avail. Uninstalling the program or resetting it in App Settings not only does not fix the problem, but it doesn't even delete my account data. Running out of ideas. Shame...
  6. Unable to add folders in Windows Mail App

Unable to add folders in Windows Mail App: Is there a registry setting(s) I could change so I don't have to uninstall and reinstall per other posts suggestions. Everything is working and I have currently 69,209 emails in my inbox and I don't see where there is an archive feature to re-import my emails for MS Mail....
  7. Trying to add folders in Win 10 mail app

Trying to add folders in Win 10 mail app: I'm new to Win 10 and have been setting up everything on a new HP desktop this weekend. I created extra folders in the inbox on the old desktop email account for ease of use and want to do the same on the new desktop. I have followed the helpful information on MicroSoft's...
  8. Unable to add folders in Windows 10 Mail application

Unable to add folders in Windows 10 Mail application: set up windows mail and everything working ok regarding send and receive, problem being is that if I click on more it brings up all folders but at the top where it says "All Folders" there should be a + sign to create folders, this is missing so I am unable to create any...
  9. Windows 10 Mail has no "add folder" option

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Mail has no "add folder" option: Windows 10 Mail has no "add folder" option. I have read all previous posts on this subject and have yet to discover the solution.......
  10. How to Add new Folder in Mail app

How to Add new Folder in Mail app: I am unable to add new folder in the app. the + sign is not available in more... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-outlook_mail/how-to-add-new-folder-in-mail-app/eba6a52e-a019-454e-a1af-a203f296706e