Windows 10: Add or Remove Folders from Favorites in Windows 10 Mail app

Discus and support Add or Remove Folders from Favorites in Windows 10 Mail app in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Add or Remove Folders from Favorites in Windows 10 Mail app How to Add or Remove Folders from Favorites in Windows 10 Mail app The Mail... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Sumit Dhiman, Mar 21, 2016.

1. Add or Remove Folders from Favorites in Windows 10 Mail app

How to: Add or Remove Folders from Favorites in Windows 10 Mail app

How to Add or Remove Folders from Favorites in Windows 10 Mail app

The Mail and Calendar apps included with Windows 10 help you stay up to date on your email, manage your schedule and stay in touch with people you care about the most. Designed for both work and home, these apps help you communicate quickly and focus on whats important across all your accounts. Supports Office 365, Exchange, Outlook.com, Gmail, Yahoo! and other popular accounts.

An added account in Mail has folders such as the Inbox, Drafts, Junk, Sent (Sent Items), and Trash (Deleted Items) for your email messages. You can add or remove folders from Favorites under the account name to what you like.

This tutorial will show you how to add or remove folders from Favorites for each account in your Mail app in Windows 10.

*tip To create a new folder, you would need to sign in online to your email account (ex: Outlook), then create a new inbox folder there. Afterwards, it will sync with the Mail app.

Outlook.com tips - Outlook.com Help

EXAMPLE: Favorites in Mail app

Add or Remove Folders from Favorites in Windows 10 Mail app [​IMG]

Here's How:

1. Open the Mail app.

2. If you have more than one added email account, select the account (ex: Brink Outlook) you want to add or remove a folder in it's Favorites. (see screenshot below)

3. Do step 4 (add) or step 5 (remove) below for what you would like to do.

4. To Add Folder to Favorites for the Account
    A) Click/tap on More. (see screenshot below)

B) Right click or press and hold on a folder (ex: Inbox) that doesn't have a star icon next to it, and click/tap on Add to Favorites. (see screenshot below)

5. To Remove Folder from Favorites for the Account
    A) Right click or press and hold on a folder (ex: Drafts) in Favorites that you want to remove, and click/tap on Remove from Favorites. (see screenshot below)

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Sumit Dhiman, Mar 21, 2016
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Add or Remove Folders from Favorites in Windows 10 Mail app :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Edwin Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hey Shawn,
    I did that to no avail, then I ran WSReset.exe; now I'm good on all 3, Mail, Calendar and People! *Confused
    Go figure!

Store Cache - Clear in Windows 8

Edwin, Oct 26, 2019
  4. KomouPoji Win User

Add or Remove Folders from Favorites in Windows 10 Mail app

removal of favorites

Hi,

To assist you further, let me ask.

• Are you referring to Microsoft Edge Browser/internet Explorer favorite?
    The favorite that you are referring is Edge or Internet Explorer browser, I would suggest to clear cookies and history or right-click on the list which you want to remove by selecting delete.

Follow the steps on how to clear cookies.

To view your browsing history, select Hub >
    History. To delete it, select Clear all history, choose the types of data or files that you want to remove from your PC, then select
    Clear.

Note: applicable to Edge browser.

For internet Explorer follow the steps below.

• Open Internet Explorer, Click on the favorite menu.

• Choose “Organize favorite”, click on favorite you wish to delete.

• Click on delete which can found below.
    Get back to us with result and we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

KomouPoji, Oct 26, 2019
  5. Brink Win User
    Brink, Oct 26, 2019
  6. Paola Gar Win User
    Windows 10 mail app crash when emptying folder

Hi,

In order for us to identify the reason why Windows 10 Mail app is crashing when emptying a folder, we'd like to get the following information:

• Have you made any recent changes or applied an update to your device prior to this issue?
    • Are you getting any error messages or error codes? If yes, send us a screenshot.
    • What happens when you try emptying a different folder? Does the same issue occur?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

For initial troubleshooting, we suggest emptying a folder in Windows 10 Mail app using the steps provided in the article below and then check if the same issue will persist:

How do I empty a folder in Mail for Windows 10?

Looking forward to your response.

Paola Gar, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

Add or Remove Folders from Favorites in Windows 10 Mail app

1. Add or Remove Folders from Favorites in Windows 10 Mail app - Similar Threads - Add Remove Folders

2. Windows my Favorite Apps, how to ADD or REMOVE ?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows my Favorite Apps, how to ADD or REMOVE ?: Very top of Windows are my "Favorite Apps" Example: Email, Facebook, work website, etc. but I don't remember how to = ADD or REMOVE them? After 2 days of looking I cannot find the answer. Thank you for your help...
  3. How To Remove a Folder from Favorites

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How To Remove a Folder from Favorites: Sirs, "How do I remove a folder from 'Favorites' in Photos - Windows 10 ?." [Original Title: 'Photos'] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-remove-a-folder-from-favorites/e26fa34e-2bc2-48c8-91f9-6ddab9d6a246"
  4. Unable to add folders in Windows Mail App

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to add folders in Windows Mail App: Is there a registry setting(s) I could change so I don't have to uninstall and reinstall per other posts suggestions. Everything is working and I have currently 69,209 emails in my inbox and I don't see where there is an archive feature to re-import my emails for MS Mail....
  5. Shortcut to add/remove photos from favorites in Photos app.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shortcut to add/remove photos from favorites in Photos app.: Hello, I've been using the photos app to pick photos since I don't want to import 50,000 images in lightroom. My question is if there is a shortcut to add/remove from favourites? Tried F, obviously didn't work. Looked around the web - nothing useful. Cheers, V Petkov...
  6. Add or Remove Favorites in Photos app in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Favorites in Photos app in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Favorites in Photos app in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Favorites in Photos app in Windows 10 The Photos app is included in Windows 10 by default. You can use the Photos app to view and edit your photos and videos, make movies, and create albums....
  7. Add or Remove Favorites from Quick Access in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Favorites from Quick Access in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Favorites from Quick Access in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Favorites from Quick Access in Windows 10 [img] Information Windows 10 replaced Favorites from previous Windows with Quick access. The Quick access page is the shortest route to...
  8. Add or Remove Favorites from Navigation Pane in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Favorites from Navigation Pane in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Favorites from Navigation Pane in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Favorites in Navigation Pane of File Explorer in Windows 10 [img] Information Favorites in the navigation pane is a way to easily access items in your %UserProfile%/Links folder....
  9. Add or Remove Registry Favorites in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Registry Favorites in Windows: How to: Add or Remove Registry Favorites in Windows How to Add, Remove, Export, and Merge Registry Favorites in Windows [img] Information If you use the Registry Editor to make customizations, check the contents of a particular key, or make fixes, you can save the key...
  10. Add or Remove Microsoft Edge Favorites in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Microsoft Edge Favorites in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Microsoft Edge Favorites in Windows 10 [img] Information Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for Windows 10 to be faster, safer, and compatible with the modern Web. You can keep...