Windows 10: Add or Remove Cast to Device context menu in Windows 10

Discus and support Add or Remove Cast to Device context menu in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Add or Remove Cast to Device context menu in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Cast to Device context menu in Windows 10 [img]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Cluster Head, May 13, 2016.

1. Add or Remove Cast to Device context menu in Windows 10

How to: Add or Remove Cast to Device context menu in Windows 10

How to Add or Remove Cast to Device context menu in Windows 10

Add or Remove Cast to Device context menu in Windows 10 [​IMG]
    Information Cast to Device in Windows 10 is a rebranded and improved version of Play To Device that was used in previous version of Windows. Cast to Device is a feature that allows you to directly (wired or wirelessly) stream media from your PC or tablet to a Miracast or DLNA supported device (ex: TV or Xbox) on your home network.

The Cast to Device context menu is available on media files (music, photos, videos, etc...) and folders that are supported for this feature. Cast to Device is also available as an option in supported apps, such as Microsoft Edge and Movies & TV.

This tutorial will show you how to remove the Cast to Device context menu from files and folders for all users in Windows 10. This can be handy if you don't use or want the context menu.

You must be signed in as an administrator to be able to add or remove the context menu.

Note The .bat files below will add/remove and modify the string value in the registry key below.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Shell Extensions\Blocked

{7AD84985-87B4-4a16-BE58-8B72A5B390F7} String value

(delete string value) = Add
    Play to Menu = Remove

EXAMPLE: "Cast to Device" context menu

Here's How:

1. Do step 2 (remove) or step 3 (add), below for what you would like to do.

2. To Remove "Cast to Device" Context Menu
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the BAT file below, and go to step 4 below.

Remove_Cast_to_Device_context_menu.bat

Download

3. To Add "Cast to Device" Context Menu
    NOTE: This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the BAT file below, and go to step 4 below.

Add_Cast_to_Device_context_menu.bat

Download

4. Save the .bat file to your desktop.

5. Unblock the .bat file.

6. Right click or press and hold on the .bat file, and click/tap on Run as administrator.

7. If prompted by UAC, click/tap on Yes.

8. You will now notice your screen flicker and a command prompt quickly open and close as explorer is restarted to apply the registry changes.

9. When finished, you can delete the downloaded .bat file if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Cluster Head, May 13, 2016
  2. RickC Win User

'Cast to Device' context menu entry does not display.

Thanks FreeBooter but I know how to add/remove the context menu entry itself... if 'Cast to Device' was working. (There's a tutorial here on TenForums.)

Unfortunately it's the underlying 'Cast to Device' DNLA functionality or network protocol that's the issue. The DNLA functionality is working perfectly on the second, identical laptop (hence the display of the context menu entry) so I know it's not the TV at issue. However, I haven't yet found what protocol to look for in Win 10.

Thank you anyway.

RickC, Oct 26, 2019
  3. 'Cast to Device' context menu entry does not display.

I have batch script that can remove and add Cast to Device context menu entry. Execute the batch script and type N letter to add Cast to Device' context menu entry.

FreeBooter, Oct 26, 2019
  4. dg2218 Win User

Add or Remove Cast to Device context menu in Windows 10

Cast to context menu for pictures

Still not working ..Downloaded an App from Windows store CAST TO which enables me to cast the photos to the tv . So that works .The right click context menu has cast to device on videos but not jpegs. Cast to is ok on my laptop /NUC Win 10 but not my
    PC ..

dg2218, Oct 26, 2019
  5. dg2218 Win User
    Cast to context menu for pictures

It is not the APP that is wrong ...it is the standard right click in Win 10 for a photo , jpeg file that no longer has the CAST TO DEVICE in the menu !!!!!!! The context menu for videos right click still has the cast to device ! Read my posts

dg2218, Oct 26, 2019
  6. 'Cast to Device' context menu entry does not display.

Tell you the true after upgrading to latest version of Windows 10 the Cast to Device context menu entry missing i don't know if i disable it or Microsoft remove it.

FreeBooter, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

Add or Remove Cast to Device context menu in Windows 10

1. Add or Remove Cast to Device context menu in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Add Remove Cast

2. 'Cast to Device' context menu entry does not display.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    'Cast to Device' context menu entry does not display.: I installed Plex media server on my my friend's laptop and was demonstrating how it worked with her smart TV. "You can also just right-click on a media file in 'File Manager' and throw it to your TV"...except when I went to show her... there was no sign whatsoever of the...
  3. Optimize Drives context menu - Add or Remove in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Optimize Drives context menu - Add or Remove in Windows 10: How to: Optimize Drives context menu - Add or Remove in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Optimize Drives context menu in Windows 10 [img] Information One of the best ways you can improve your PC's performance is by optimizing the drive. Windows includes features to...
  4. Add or Remove Mount Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Mount Context Menu in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Mount Context Menu in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Mount Context Menu in Windows 10 [img] Information The Mount context menu allows you to mount ISO, IMG, VHD, and VHDX files as a virtual drive. This tutorial will show you how to add or...
  5. Edit with Photos context menu - Add or Remove in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Edit with Photos context menu - Add or Remove in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Edit with Photos context menu in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Edit with Photos context menu in Windows 10 The Photos UWP (Universal Windows Platform) app is included by default in Windows 10. When the Photos app is set as the default app for...
  6. Select Context Menu - Add or Remove in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Select Context Menu - Add or Remove in Windows 10: How to: Select Context Menu - Add or Remove in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Select Context Menu in Windows 10 You can select one or multiple items in Windows to perform an action with. Normally, you could click/tap on the Home tab in File Explorer to be able to...
  7. Add or Remove Share Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Share Context Menu in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Share Context Menu in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Share Context Menu in Windows 10 [img] Information In Windows 10, you can directly share files using installed UWP (Universal Windows Platform) apps such as Mail, Twitter, OneNote, Cortana...
  8. Add or Remove New context menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove New context menu in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove New context menu in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove the New context menu in Windows 10 The New context menu allows users to quickly create new files, folders, or shortcuts in the current location. You can right click or press and hold on your...
  9. Send to Context Menu - Add or Remove in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Send to Context Menu - Add or Remove in Windows 10: How to: Send to Context Menu - Add or Remove in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Send to Context Menu in Windows 10 The Send to context menu makes it easy for you to quickly send a copy of items (ex: files, folders, libraries) to Bluetooth device, Compressed (zipped)...
  10. Add or Remove Open with Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Open with Context Menu in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Open with Context Menu in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Open with Context Menu in Windows 10 The Open with context menu allows users to choose an app to open a file with. This tutorial will show how to add or remove the Open with context menu...