Windows 10: Add or Remove Google Drive from Navigation Pane in Windows 10

Discus and support Add or Remove Google Drive from Navigation Pane in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; Had to find the link button *Wink Please find enclosed the reg files. Add Seafile Cloud.reg Add OwnCloud.reg Thanks a lot, Ruediger Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Hockeyfreak, Aug 9, 2016.

1. res80 Win User

Add or Remove Google Drive from Navigation Pane in Windows 10

Had to find the link button *Wink
    Please find enclosed the reg files.

Add Seafile Cloud.reg
    Add OwnCloud.reg

Thanks a lot,
    Ruediger

res80, Jan 11, 2017
  2. Brink
    Brink New Member

Thank you for sharing Ruediger. *Smile

Brink, Jan 11, 2017
  3. Tow3rgat3 Win User
    Hi everyone !
    Does anyone can explain me how to do the same thing but with the folder "Libraries" ? I already have GDrive "shortcut" following the Tutorial just above, but I want to add another folder to the same "level of hierarchy" as GDrive.
    Do I have to modify only the GUID and the path ? If so, which GUID do I have to replace ?

Thank you !

Tow3rgat3, Jan 26, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Jan 26, 2017
  5. Kbird Win User
    Kbird, Jan 26, 2017
  6. Tow3rgat3 Win User
    Tow3rgat3, Feb 7, 2017
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Feb 8, 2017
  8. Golin Win User

Hello,

I have Polish Language set as default in my OS and therefore Google Drive was installed under the path with Polish translation which is: C:\Users\myusername\Dysk Google.

I used instructions given by @post to change the registry path.

Add or Remove Google Drive from Navigation Pane in Windows 10 [​IMG]

In Windows File Explorer everything works fine, however when I want to access google drive from an Open File/Save File pop-up windows it still sees the old path and gives the error:

It basically says that the path is wrong.

To wrap it up even though I have used the proper script and changed the path in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{81539FE6-33C7-4CE7-90C7-1C7B8F2F2D41}\Instance\InitPropertyBag when I try to access google drive from navigation pane in Open File/Save File pop-up windows I am unable to do it due to wrong path. I assume there is another registry to be changed but I do not know which one.

Golin, Feb 10, 2017
  9. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hello @Golin, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

What path did you originally have in the registry?

How does it work using the original path instead of what you changed it to?

Brink, Feb 10, 2017
  10. Golin Win User
    If by originally you mean after running the .reg file and before changing the path in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{81539FE6-33C7-4CE7-90C7-1C7B8F2F2D41}\Instance\InitPropertyBag. It was like this:

The icon of Google Drive was visible in navigation pane of windows explorer but after clicking it the error message was shown stating that the path does not exist, which is true because the path: C:\Users\jakub\Google Drive does not exist on my computer. Instead I have a path C:\Users\jakub\Dysk Google.

Summing up originally icon in navigation pane was directing to C:\Users\jakub\Google Drive and it did not work in file explorer. What is more the google drive icon in Open File/Save File window was not working as well originally.

After reading post of @Kbird I decided to change the path in the registry and the icon in navigation pane of file explorer started to work properly. However it did not change the behaviour of google drive icon in Open File/Save File windows - it is still directing to the non-existing path C:\Users\jakub\Google Drive. So I believe there is another registry entry responsible for path in Open File/Save File windows but I have no idea which one.

UPDATE: rebooting the computer as @res80 suggested solved the issue!

Golin, Feb 11, 2017
  11. This is awesome! Thanks a lot!

I added MEGASync too based on this tutorial and files.

Next up adding SyncStatus as overlay icons for both GoogleDrive and MEGA... :-D

slicendice, Feb 11, 2017
  12. JMO
    jmo Win User
    Hi Brink:

This is an awesome hack. Thanks! I was able to add Google Drive to the navigation pane, and the icon expands to show sub-folders (unlike when it is a Quick Access item).

One slight problem is that when you right click on a file anywhere in the file hierarchy under the new Google Drive root item (in the right hand pane), you don't get a "Google Drive" option to set sharing or go to the web. You do for subfolders, but not for individual files.

Any insight as to how to fix that?

Thanks.

13. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello jmo, and welcome to Ten Forums.

I'm afraid that I'm not sure either yet. *Sad

Brink, Feb 17, 2017
  14. I can go to web and share for individual files on my Google Drive.

slicendice, Feb 17, 2017
  15. drzapf Win User
    Shawn,
    Thanks for your instructions on adding Google Drive and DropBox to the Windows Navigation Pane.
    Could you supply instructions for adding the MEGASynce drive to the Navigation Page as well?
    Thanks!

drzapf, Apr 20, 2017
Thema:

1. Add or Remove Google Drive from Navigation Pane in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Add Remove Google

2. How to add Google Drive to File Explorer Navigation Pane in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to add Google Drive to File Explorer Navigation Pane in Windows 10: [ATTACH]If you have installed Google Drive on your computer, then you can add Google Drive link to the Navigation Pane of File Explorer in Windows […] This article How to add Google Drive to File Explorer Navigation Pane in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com....
  3. Add or Remove Linux from Navigation Pane in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Linux from Navigation Pane in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Linux from Navigation Pane in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Linux in Navigation Pane of File Explorer in Windows 10 The Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL) is a new Windows 10 feature that enables you to run native Linux command-line tools directly...
  4. add google drive to navigation pane

in Windows 10 Support
    add google drive to navigation pane: how to add google drive to navigation pane 55775
  5. Add or Remove Dropbox from Navigation Pane in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Dropbox from Navigation Pane in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Dropbox from Navigation Pane in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Dropbox in Navigation Pane of File Explorer in Windows 10 Dropbox is a file hosting service operated by American company Dropbox, Inc. that offers cloud storage, file synchronization,...
  6. Add or Remove Homegroup from Navigation Pane in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Homegroup from Navigation Pane in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Homegroup from Navigation Pane in Windows 10 [img] Information A homegroup is a group of PCs on a home network that can share devices (such as printers), and libraries (such as your Documents, Pictures, Music, and Video libraries). Using a homegroup...
  7. Add or Remove Network from Navigation Pane in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Network from Navigation Pane in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Network from Navigation Pane in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Network in Navigation Pane of File Explorer in Windows 10 This tutorial will show you how to add or remove Network in the navigation pane of File Explorer for all users in Windows 10....
  8. Add or Remove Favorites from Navigation Pane in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Favorites from Navigation Pane in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Favorites from Navigation Pane in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Favorites in Navigation Pane of File Explorer in Windows 10 [img] Information Favorites in the navigation pane is a way to easily access items in your %UserProfile%/Links folder....
  9. Add or Remove Duplicate Drives in Navigation Pane in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Duplicate Drives in Navigation Pane in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Duplicate Drives in Navigation Pane in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Duplicate Drives in Navigation Pane of File Explorer in Windows 10 [img] Information By default, all removable drives are shown separately in the navigation pane of File...
  10. Add or Remove OneDrive from Navigation Pane in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove OneDrive from Navigation Pane in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove OneDrive from Navigation Pane in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove OneDrive in Navigation Pane of File Explorer in Windows 10 [img] Information In Windows 10, you can easily save your files to OneDrive and get to them from any device, like your PC,...