Windows 10: Add or Remove Items for All Apps in Start menu in Windows 10

Discus and support Add or Remove Items for All Apps in Start menu in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; If "3DMark 11" under the "Futuremark" folder opens the same app as the added "3DMark", then that would be why "3DMark" is not listed again in All Apps.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Maniac, Aug 1, 2015.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Add or Remove Items for All Apps in Start menu in Windows 10

If "3DMark 11" under the "Futuremark" folder opens the same app as the added "3DMark", then that would be why "3DMark" is not listed again in All Apps. There can only be one instance of a shortcut that opens an item.

Brink, Aug 31, 2016
  2. Celeras Win User

Thanks for the suggestion, but they are different. Different programs in different folders with differently named executables.

The problem is with everything I've tried, not just this one shortcut *Sad

Celeras, Aug 31, 2016
  3. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Aug 31, 2016
  4. Celeras Win User

Alright so I just tried a shortcut to nothing (made one up) and it went in All Apps like its supposed to *Eek I don't understand lol. Your suggestion is definitely wrong but may have sparked something here. See below for screenshot of all the 3DMark shortcuts confirming they are different:

Add or Remove Items for All Apps in Start menu in Windows 10 [​IMG]

My Windows version is 1607 (Build 14393.82). Let me know if you come up with anything else.

Celeras, Aug 31, 2016
  5. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Aug 31, 2016
  6. hooked Win User
    Brink,
    Your turorials are awesome, and what gets me is how you'll get posts a year or more after you post your turotial.
    I just tried doing the command Get-StartApps | measureand I get this message:
    C:\Users\ckeeton>Get-StartApps | measure'Get-StartApps' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
    operable program or batch file

I'm running the Command Prompt (Admin) and I'm running it under my profile directory.
    I'm running Win 10 Pro 10586.545

Any ideas? U think they stopped supporting the command?

Thx

hooked, Aug 31, 2016
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hello hooked, *Smile

No worries. You just needed to run the command in PowerShell instead.

Brink, Aug 31, 2016
  8. Celeras Win User

Just updated, no change.

Thought: When I upgraded 3DMark I unchecked the option to create a shortcut in All Apps. I did that because there was already a shortcut to it in the Futuremark folder at the time and I didnt realize updating would remove it. That's why I am trying to do it manually. Any chance that selection is "saved" somewhere and preventing it from being added now somehow?

Celeras, Aug 31, 2016
  9. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Not selecting to create a shortcut during the software installation shouldn't affect you being able to manually add it later.

You might see if restarting explorer after adding the shortcut may toggle it to show in All apps in case it may be a refresh issue.

Brink, Aug 31, 2016
  10. Celeras Win User
    Restarted explorer; no luck. What else ya got *chuckle

Heading out the door so the next suggestion will take a bit so you get a break haha.

Celeras, Aug 31, 2016
  11. Brink
    Brink New Member
    I'm afraid that I don't know what else to recommend since I can't reproduce the issue and already tried all the usual stuff. *Sad

12. hooked Win User
    Hmmmmm.
    I was on my desktop when I posted to you, now I'm on my laptop and I have the same issue.

Well, It was just a curiousity thing so don't you guys spend any more time on it.
    Thanks.

hooked, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Add or Remove Items for All Apps in Start menu in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Add Remove Items

2. How Remove Item in All apps in Windows 11 Start menu?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How Remove Item in All apps in Windows 11 Start menu?: I deleted the game yesterday from the game pass through the game shortcut. The game was deleted, but the shortcut remained. Planet of Lana game. I searched on the disks and in the registry and found everything with the same name and deleted it, but it did not help. I...
  3. How Remove Item in All apps in Windows 11 Start menu?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How Remove Item in All apps in Windows 11 Start menu?: I deleted the game yesterday from the game pass through the game shortcut. The game was deleted, but the shortcut remained. Planet of Lana game. I searched on the disks and in the registry and found everything with the same name and deleted it, but it did not help. I...
  4. How to Add or Remove Items in All apps on Start Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to Add or Remove Items in All apps on Start Menu in Windows 10: [ATTACH]The Start menu keeps evolving with the release of new builds or feature updates for the Windows 11/10 OS. PC users have the ability to customize the Start menu to their preference, like adding a folder to the Start menu and more. In this post, we will show you how to...
  5. How to Add or Remove All Apps List in Start Menu on Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    How to Add or Remove All Apps List in Start Menu on Windows 11/10: [ATTACH]PC users can display and use the Start menu with a feature called Show App List In Start Menu. The Show App List In Start Menu is enabled by default. In this post, we will show you the thre ways on how to Add or Remove All Apps List in Start Menu on Windows 11/10. […]...
  6. windows 10 remove all apps from the start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 remove all apps from the start menu: Hi I upgraded to Windows 10 Home version 20H2 and I cannot find away to remove the All Apps Icon from the start menu for a specific user. I turned off "Show App list in start menu" but I can't find away to remove the All Apps Icon. Please advise. Regards, Ray See the...
  7. Remove apps and items from Start menu

Remove apps and items from Start menu: I have some apps on the start menu that have no uninstall when you RH click? How do I remove the icon? I have 2 other items that have the uninstall option but they take me to the Programs - Programs & Feastures that you see in Control Panel. But there doesn't appear to be...
  8. add items in menu Start

add items in menu Start: Hi to whom it may concern. I know how to insert one icon in Start Menu or in application bar but I don't know to insert VLC media reader icon in the list of Apps at left of Start Menu. Could you tell me how to do it? Thank you and Best Regards, Dario...
  9. Rename Items in All Apps in Windows 10 Start Menu

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Rename Items in All Apps in Windows 10 Start Menu: How to: Rename Items in All Apps in Windows 10 Start Menu How to Rename Items in All Apps in Windows 10 Start Menu All apps in the Start menu displays an alphabetical list of shortcuts to all installed Windows apps and desktop apps on your Windows 10 PC. Some of these...
  10. Add or Remove All Apps List in Start Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove All Apps List in Start Menu in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove All Apps List in Start Menu in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove All Apps List in Start Menu in Windows 10 All apps in the Start menu displays an alphabetical list of all your installed Windows apps and desktop apps in Windows 10. Some of these apps...