Windows 10: Add or Remove Quick Launch toolbar in Windows 10

Discus and support Add or Remove Quick Launch toolbar in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; Thanks . I disabled it & after a shutdown & start up, the Quick Link filled in a second. Cheers. Great news. I'm glad it was able to help. *Smile Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Edwin, Mar 13, 2015.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Add or Remove Quick Launch toolbar in Windows 10

Great news. I'm glad it was able to help. *Smile

Brink, Mar 15, 2017
  2. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello @highstream, *Smile

Those are the folders inside the hidden folder located below.

%AppData%\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\User Pinned

The issue appears to be that the User Pinned folder above may no longer be hidden allowing the other folders in it to appear on Quick Launch. Setting this User Pinned folder's attributes to be hidden again should get rid of those folders for you in Quick Launch.

File and Folder - Hide or Unhide - Windows 7 Help Forums

Brink, Mar 15, 2017
  3. The catch-22 I'm seeing is that hiding those two folders renders the standard placement buttons on the left side of the taskbar inoperative, while replacing those buttons brings back the two folders on the QL section.

highstream, Mar 15, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

You would only want to hide the "User Pinned" folder, and not the other two in it.

The shortcuts you want to see in the Quick Launch toolbar should be in the "Quick Launch" folder.

Brink, Mar 15, 2017
  5. User Pinned folder has had "hide" checked all along. There's got to be something else involved.

highstream, Mar 15, 2017
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    As a test, lets reset and clear pinned apps on your taskbar to rule it out as a possible cause. You'll have to pin to taskbar your apps again afterwards though.

Reset and Clear Taskbar Pinned Apps in Windows 10

If that doesn't help, then let's see what's in your Quick Launch folder to see if anything may stand out there.

Brink, Mar 15, 2017
  7. Thanks. It looks like I solved it. Created a new taskbar and dragged/dropped icons onto it. So far nothing extra.

highstream, Mar 16, 2017
  8. Add or Remove Quick Launch toolbar in Windows 10

"So far..." Two folders reappeared on startup (or sometime shortly after) this morning. They are "Quick Launch" and "UserData."

highstream, Mar 16, 2017
  9. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Quick Launch should be there as the toolbar itself, but the other should be a hidden folder.

Do you have Windows set to show hidden folders?

Brink, Mar 16, 2017
  10. If you mean in Windows Explorer, yes. The thing is, though, I've had it showing hidden files & folders forever without seeing these extras, since long before the first time I needed to create a QL toolbar.

highstream, Mar 16, 2017
  11. Brink
    Brink New Member
    As a test, see if they still show with turning off showing hidden files. If they don't afterwards, then we can try setting the folder to have a "system" attribute.

Brink, Mar 16, 2017
  12. Oh, I meant to write that I did change the hidden files/folder setting and clicked Apply and there wasn't any change.

highstream, Mar 16, 2017
  13. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hmm, ok.

Let's see a screenshot of your %UserProfile%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch folder to see if anything may stand out.

If all else fails, you could create new folder where you like, move your shortcuts into this new folder, then add this new folder as toolbar instead of the Quick Launch folder.

Taskbar Toolbars - Add in Windows 10

Brink, Mar 17, 2017
  14. View in XYplorer. In the left main panel is the Internet Explorer\Quick Launch folder. The files (.lnk) showing are on the QL toolbar at the bottom center right, the result of my dragging them there yesterday, except of course the two on the right. Those are again Quick Launch and UserData. The Quick Launch folder the next level down in the left panel has UserPinned and the next level down from there has ImplicitApps and Taskbar, both empty.

On the right panel, I've dug down in User Pinned to TaskBar, and that shows the buttons over on the lower left in the standard toolbar.

Add or Remove Quick Launch toolbar in Windows 10 [​IMG]

highstream, Mar 17, 2017
  15. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Odd. You do have some folders out of place.

In the left side, you shouldn't have another "Quick Launch" folder inside your "Quick Launch" folder.

The "User Data" folder should be in the "Internet Explorer" folder instead of in the 1st "Quick Launch" folder.

Did you mean to have the same shortcuts pinned to the taskbar in addition to having them in Quick Launch?

Brink, Mar 17, 2017
Thema:

1. Add or Remove Quick Launch toolbar in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Add Remove Quick

2. Quick Launch Toolbar Icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    Quick Launch Toolbar Icons: The icons in my Quick Launch toolbar seem to change sizes after reboot ... and sometimes even without a reboot. Sometimes they're the same height at the regular toolbar, and sometimes they're smaller. When smaller they're really too small and make the Quick Launch toolbar...
  3. Quick Launch is Not Available as a Toolbar on the Taskbar

Quick Launch is Not Available as a Toolbar on the Taskbar: SYMPTOMS: When you right-click the taskbar and point to Toolbars, Quick Launch is not visible. Also, Quick Launch is not enabled by default as a toolbar on the taskbar. MORE INFORMATION: Windows 10 lets you pin your programs to the taskbar like users of Windows 7 and...
  4. Can't add Toolbar with Quick Launch in Windows 10 Enterprise

Can't add Toolbar with Quick Launch in Windows 10 Enterprise: I've been using Quick Launch for years and adding it to my taskbar with ease since it was phased out of Windows. The problem I'm having is that when I right click on the taskbar, the options for adding toolbars don't even show up. Is this something I/T has to address or am I...
  5. Windows 10 icon size in added Quick Launch toolbar

Windows 10 icon size in added Quick Launch toolbar: I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and my Quick Launch toolbar icons are too big even when set to Small icons in View. They are bigger than the regular pinned icons which are set to small via the Taskbar settings. When I login as a different user on the same machine...
  6. Clicking Quick Launch Toolbar to Close The Program

Clicking Quick Launch Toolbar to Close The Program: When I click on the icons in the Quick Launch Toolbar, it opens the program up, but when I click it again, instead of closing it nothing happens. How do I get the Quick Launch Toolbar icons to close it if it's open and open if it's closed when I clicked them?...
  7. Windows 10 icon size in added Quick Launch toolbar

Windows 10 icon size in added Quick Launch toolbar: I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and my Quick Launch toolbar icons are too big even when set to Small icons in View. They are bigger than the regular pinned icons which are set to small via the Taskbar settings. When I login as a different user on the same machine...
  8. Quick launch toolbar folder is removed periodically

in Windows 10 Support
    Quick launch toolbar folder is removed periodically: My Quick launch folder disappears from the taskbar after using CCleaner. Is there a special assigned place, or a registry setting for this folder not to be removed from the taskbar? 116767
  9. Quick Launch toolbar stuck

Quick Launch toolbar stuck: Hello, I have messed up the taskbar, I "think" with Winaero Tweaker, trying to get the white text back so I can read anything (enable disable then enable colored title bars fixed that). While I did get the black text to turn white, either with the colored title bars or Aero...
  10. Add or Remove Quick Access Toolbar Items in Windows 10 File Explorer

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Quick Access Toolbar Items in Windows 10 File Explorer: How to: Add or Remove Quick Access Toolbar Items in Windows 10 File Explorer How to Add or Remove Quick Access Toolbar Items in Windows 10 File Explorer [img] Information The Quick Access Toolbar (QAT) is a small, customizable toolbar that exposes a set of Commands...