Windows 10: Add or Remove Run as administrator Context Menu in Windows 10

Discus and support Add or Remove Run as administrator Context Menu in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Add or Remove Run as administrator Context Menu in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove 'Run as administrator' Context Menu in Windows 10 Some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Wrightclick, Oct 2, 2016.

1. Add or Remove Run as administrator Context Menu in Windows 10

How to: Add or Remove Run as administrator Context Menu in Windows 10

How to Add or Remove 'Run as administrator' Context Menu in Windows 10

Some legitimate applications require a full administrator access token (elevated) to perform their functions or tasks. For example, when a program that you are trying to run is giving you a Access Denied or No Permission type error.

When you right click on application (executable) files, you can use the Run as administrator context menu item to run the app with elevated rights (full administrator access token).

This tutorial will show you how to add or remove Run as administrator from the context menu of apps for all users in Windows 10.

*Warning You must be signed in as an administrator to add or remove this context menu.

EXAMPLE: "Run as administrator" context menu

Add or Remove Run as administrator Context Menu in Windows 10 [​IMG]

Here's How:

1. Do step 2 (add) or step 3 (remove) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Add "Run as administrator" to Context Menu
    *note This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Add_Run_as_administrator_to_Context_Menu.reg

Download

3. To Remove "Run as administrator" from Context Menu
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Remove_Run_as_administrator_from_Context_Menu.reg

Download
    4. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

5. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

6. When prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

7. You can now delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Wrightclick, Oct 2, 2016
  2. Rohn007 Win User
    Rohn007, Oct 2, 2016
  3. Quick Access Crashes Explorer

I was having the same problem for few days. Later I discovered that it was happening due to context menu integration of Format Factory. I removed "add to system context menu" from FF and that solved the problem. I think some (but Not ALL) third party applications
    that adds option to the context menu are causing this problem.

Note: To remove from context menu I had to run FF with administration privilege .

Khuerustom, Oct 2, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Add or Remove Run as administrator Context Menu in Windows 10

Hello Larry, *Smile

Please go ahead and provide a link to the "Take Ownership" option you used to see what changes it made. Some of them out there do replace "Run as administrator". The one below from here doesn't though.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/3...dows-10-a.html

Brink, Oct 2, 2016
  5. This is the one I used. I had used it in Windows 8.1 and I can't recall if I had to reinstall it after the Windows 10 upgrade.

Take Ownership - Add to Context Menu in Windows 8

Should I reset it with the Remove_Take_Ownership_from_context_menu.reg

Then reinstall it with the one at your new link?

Thanks for your help!

Larry

Wrightclick, Oct 2, 2016
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    They are actually the same, but yeah as a test use the remove option to see if it may restore "Run as administrator" for you. I don't think it will though since I think something else may be causing this, but it's worth a try.

Brink, Oct 2, 2016
  7. Marron Win User
    It's not working for me. I can't add "Run as administrator" to context menu. Maybe Creator's Update broke it?

EDIT: It actually does something. It adds and removes "Run as administrator" if I open programs from the start menu. Maybe the problem is that I want to run a visual studio .sln file as administrator?

Marron, Jun 25, 2017
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello Marron, *Smile

That's correct. "Run as administrator" is only available for executable application files instead.

Brink, Jun 25, 2017
  9. poohsan Win User
    A 1,000 blessings on you!

poohsan, Sep 26, 2017
  10. Brink
    Brink New Member
    I'm glad it could help poohsan, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Add or Remove Run as administrator Context Menu in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Add Remove Run

2. Add or remove Run as Administrator to PS1 File Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Add or remove Run as Administrator to PS1 File Context Menu in Windows 10: [ATTACH] The main security measure on any operating system is the privileges. This means that the execution of any process or simply a program can be done at various stages. Mostly, this decision is taken care of by the operating system [...] This post Add or remove Run as...
  3. Run as different user - Add or Remove Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Run as different user - Add or Remove Context Menu in Windows 10: How to: Run as different user - Add or Remove Context Menu in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove 'Run as different user' Context Menu in Windows 10 [img] Information The Run as different user context menu allows a user to run .bat, .cmd, .exe, .msc, and .msi files with...
  4. Add or Remove Mount Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Mount Context Menu in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Mount Context Menu in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Mount Context Menu in Windows 10 [img] Information The Mount context menu allows you to mount ISO, IMG, VHD, and VHDX files as a virtual drive. This tutorial will show you how to add or...
  5. Add 'Run with priority' Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add 'Run with priority' Context Menu in Windows 10: How to: Add 'Run with priority' Context Menu in Windows 10 How to Add 'Run with priority' Context Menu in Windows 10 [img] Information Windows shares processor resources between all running processes based upon their priority level. If a process (application) has a...
  6. Run as administrator - Add to PS1 File Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Run as administrator - Add to PS1 File Context Menu in Windows 10: How to: Run as administrator - Add to PS1 File Context Menu in Windows 10 How to Add 'Run as administrator' to PS1 File Context Menu in Windows 10 Some legitimate applications require a full administrator access token (elevated) to perform their functions or tasks. For...
  7. Add or Remove New context menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove New context menu in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove New context menu in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove the New context menu in Windows 10 The New context menu allows users to quickly create new files, folders, or shortcuts in the current location. You can right click or press and hold on your...
  8. Send to Context Menu - Add or Remove in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Send to Context Menu - Add or Remove in Windows 10: How to: Send to Context Menu - Add or Remove in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Send to Context Menu in Windows 10 The Send to context menu makes it easy for you to quickly send a copy of items (ex: files, folders, libraries) to Bluetooth device, Compressed (zipped)...
  9. Add Run as administrator to Context Menu of MSI Files in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add Run as administrator to Context Menu of MSI Files in Windows 10: How to: Add Run as administrator to Context Menu of MSI Files in Windows 10 How to Add 'Run as administrator' to MSI File Context Menu in Windows 10 [img] Information Some legitimate applications require a full administrator access token (elevated) to perform their...
  10. Add Run as administrator to Context Menu of VBS Files in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add Run as administrator to Context Menu of VBS Files in Windows 10: How to: Add Run as administrator to Context Menu of VBS Files in Windows 10 How to Add 'Run as administrator' to VBS File Context Menu in Windows 10 [img] Information Some legitimate applications require a full administrator access token (elevated) to perform their...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how do i remove run as administrator in w10