Windows 10: Run as administrator - Add to PS1 File Context Menu in Windows 10

Discus and support Run as administrator - Add to PS1 File Context Menu in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Run as administrator - Add to PS1 File Context Menu in Windows 10 How to Add 'Run as administrator' to PS1 File Context Menu in Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by treeman, Jul 2, 2017.

1. treeman Win User

Run as administrator - Add to PS1 File Context Menu in Windows 10

How to: Run as administrator - Add to PS1 File Context Menu in Windows 10

How to Add 'Run as administrator' to PS1 File Context Menu in Windows 10

Some legitimate applications require a full administrator access token (elevated) to perform their functions or tasks. For example, when a program that you are trying to run is giving you a Access Denied or No Permission type error.

When you right click on application files, you can use the Run as administrator context menu item to run the app with elevated rights (full administrator access token).

This tutorial will show you how to add or remove Run as administrator from the context menu of PowerShell .ps1 files for all users in Windows 10.

You must be signed in as an administrator to be able to add or remove this context menu.

EXAMPLE: "Run as administrator" in context menu of PS1 files

Run as administrator - Add to PS1 File Context Menu in Windows 10 [​IMG]

Here's How:

1. Do step 2 (add) or step 3 (remove) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Add "Run as administrator" to PS1 file Context Menu
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Add_PS1_Run_as_administrator.reg

Download

3. To Remove "Run as administrator" from PS1 file Context Menu
    *note This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Remove_PS1_Run_as_administrator.reg

Download
    4. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

5. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

6. When prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

7. You can now delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

treeman, Jul 2, 2017
  2. Rohn007 Win User
    Rohn007, Jul 2, 2017
  3. Bruce Hagen, Jul 2, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello treeman, *Smile

Yeah, the PowerShell wrapper in it would put a damper on that.

Brink, Jul 2, 2017
Thema:

1. Run as administrator - Add to PS1 File Context Menu in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Run administrator Add

2. Add "Run As TrustedInstaller" to the Context Menu for exes

in Windows 10 Customization
    Add "Run As TrustedInstaller" to the Context Menu for exes: I have NSudo installed and have already replaced the task manager in my task bar with a command that runs it as System but with TITrustedInstaller privileges. The question I have is how do I do what I have in the subject using regedit myself, rather than using a third-party...
  3. Add Run item to the Sandbox Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Add Run item to the Sandbox Context Menu in Windows 10: [ATTACH]Windows offers the Sandbox feature, which is perfect for testing out applications you don’t trust. However, testing them with Sandbox is not straight forward. You […] This article Add Run item to the Sandbox Context Menu in Windows 10 first appeared on...
  4. Add or remove Run as Administrator to PS1 File Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Add or remove Run as Administrator to PS1 File Context Menu in Windows 10: [ATTACH] The main security measure on any operating system is the privileges. This means that the execution of any process or simply a program can be done at various stages. Mostly, this decision is taken care of by the operating system [...] This post Add or remove Run as...
  5. How to Add "Run as administrator" to Context Menu of MSI Files in W10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to Add "Run as administrator" to Context Menu of MSI Files in W10: Run as administrator - Add to MSI File Context Menu - Windows 7 Help Forums Is this still applicable for windows 10? I have not yet attempted to do this. In my Downloads folder there are right click options to Install / Repair / Uninstall the LibreOffice installation...
  6. On how to run a .ps1 file as Administrator

in Windows 10 Support
    On how to run a .ps1 file as Administrator: Hello everyone, If you have had a chance of going through the great Brink's Tutorial Apps - Uninstall in Windows 10 (I strongly advice you do), you may have noticed that, if you wish to automatize, at least to a certain extent, the procedure of getting rid of Windows 10...
  7. Add 'Run with priority' Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add 'Run with priority' Context Menu in Windows 10: How to: Add 'Run with priority' Context Menu in Windows 10 How to Add 'Run with priority' Context Menu in Windows 10 [img] Information Windows shares processor resources between all running processes based upon their priority level. If a process (application) has a...
  8. Add or Remove Run as administrator Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Run as administrator Context Menu in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Run as administrator Context Menu in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove 'Run as administrator' Context Menu in Windows 10 Some legitimate applications require a full administrator access token (elevated) to perform their functions or tasks. For...
  9. Add Run as administrator to Context Menu of MSI Files in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add Run as administrator to Context Menu of MSI Files in Windows 10: How to: Add Run as administrator to Context Menu of MSI Files in Windows 10 How to Add 'Run as administrator' to MSI File Context Menu in Windows 10 [img] Information Some legitimate applications require a full administrator access token (elevated) to perform their...
  10. Add Run as administrator to Context Menu of VBS Files in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add Run as administrator to Context Menu of VBS Files in Windows 10: How to: Add Run as administrator to Context Menu of VBS Files in Windows 10 How to Add 'Run as administrator' to VBS File Context Menu in Windows 10 [img] Information Some legitimate applications require a full administrator access token (elevated) to perform their...