Windows 10: Add or Remove Search Bar in Firefox

Discus and support Add or Remove Search Bar in Firefox in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Add or Remove Search Bar in Firefox [img] Information Starting with Firefox Quantum (version 57), you might see your search bar and your... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Jul 8, 2016.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Add or Remove Search Bar in Firefox

How to: Add or Remove Search Bar in Firefox

Add or Remove Search Bar in Firefox [​IMG]
    Information Starting with Firefox Quantum (version 57), you might see your search bar and your address bar combined into a single bar. New installs of Firefox Quantum will see this unified bar.

If you prefer separate address and search bars, you can restore the separate search bar.

This tutorial will show you how to add or remove the stand-alone search bar to the toolbar in Firefox Quantum for your account in Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: Add or Remove Search Bar in Firefox Options
    • Option Two: Add or Remove Search Bar in Customize Firefox

EXAMPLE: Search bar in Firefox

OPTION ONE [/i] Add or Remove Search Bar in Firefox Options
    1. Open Firefox.
    2. Click/tap on the Menu button
    , and click/tap on Options. (see screenshot below)

Note If you like, you could also copy and paste the path below into the address bar, and press Enter to go directly to Search settings.

*Arrow aboutAdd or Remove Search Bar in Firefox :preferences#search

3. Click/tap on Search on the left panel, and select (dot) Use the address bar for search and navigation (default) or Add search bar in toolbar for what you want. (see screenshot below)

4. You can now close this Options tab if you like.

OPTION TWO [/i] Add or Remove Search Bar in Customize Firefox
    1. Open Firefox.
    2. Click/tap on the Menu button
    , and click/tap on Customize. (see screenshot below)

2. Do step 3 (add) or step 4 (remove) below for what you would like to do.

3. To Add Search Bar in Firefox
    A) Drag and drop the Search item into the toolbar, and click/tap on Done. (see screenshot below)

4. To Remove Search Bar in Firefox
    NOTE: This is the default setting.
    A) Drag and drop the Search item from the toolbar into your favorite items, and click/tap on Done. (see screenshot below)

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Jul 8, 2016
  2. Antilope Win User

Remove Firefox Search Bar

I didn't like the Firefox Search Bar. I rarely used it. It takes up valuable real estate that can be used by other ADD-ONS Icons.
    I Just do my searches directly in Bing or Google.

To remove the Firefox Search Bar (this actually just moves it and stores it away, you can bring it back),

-Click on the upper right menu icon (three lines).
    -Click CUSTOMIZE
    -Left Click, Hold and Drag the Firefox Search Bar down to the Additional Tools and Features area. It will be saved there in case you want to bring it back.
    -Click EXIT CUSTOMIZE.

The Firefox Search Bar is now gone and the space can be used to add additional ADD-ONS Icons.

If you want the Firefox Search Bar back, just drag it back to the original place after clicking CUSTOMIZE.

Antilope, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Remove Firefox Search Bar

If you're interested in saving screen real estate, and extra toolbar line doesn't do that.

I drag the search bar to the toolbar menu at the top, to the right of "Help".

And ... I still cannot figure out how to get rid of that awful Bing search engine.
    I remove it as an option in firefox, change my default to Google,
    and Bing comes bouncing back when firefox is restarted.

I no longer consider this to be a Windows 10 issue ... it's a firefox issue.

Anyone know how to stop this behaviour?

dickdunbar, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Add or Remove Search Bar in Firefox

Firefox Location Bar

Use The Box that is checked

and remove search suggestions

Josey Wales, Oct 26, 2019
  5. Berton Win User
    Firefox Location Bar

In Firefox 61.0 [latest] I went into Tools, Options, Search and scrolled down to this section and unchecked "Provide search suggestions" plus just below that removed all the Search engines I don't use.

Berton, Oct 26, 2019
  6. Geethu B Win User
    Removing a search Bar

Hi Dave,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I will surely help you.

To understand the issue better, I would need more information from your end.

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Did it appear after performing any particular function?

You may try to uninstall the search bar and check if it helps. To uninstall the
    search bar follow these steps:

• Right-click on
      Start Button and click on Programs and Features.

• Right-click on the
      search bar and click on Uninstall.
    Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

Add or Remove Search Bar in Firefox

1. Add or Remove Search Bar in Firefox - Similar Threads - Add Remove Search

2. How to remove Firefox View button from Firefox Title Bar

in Windows 10 News
    How to remove Firefox View button from Firefox Title Bar: [ATTACH]This post explains how to remove Firefox View button from Firefox title bar. Firefox View is a new feature of the Firefox browser that lets you sync browsed content across various devices using the same Firefox account. It is represented by a pinned tab that stays at...
  3. How to remove Tabs Search Arrow from Firefox Title Bar

in Windows 10 News
    How to remove Tabs Search Arrow from Firefox Title Bar: [ATTACH]This post explains how to remove Tabs Search Arrow from Firefox title bar on a Windows 11/10 computer. When you open multiple tabs in the Firefox browser, the width of the tabs reduces to a certain extent to fit the maximum possible tabs in the title bar. This makes...
  4. Using Bing in Firefox Address Bar Search

in Browsers and Email
    Using Bing in Firefox Address Bar Search: I am using Firefox 61.0.2 under W10. If I type a search term in the Search Bar, it searches using Bing just as I set it up. Fine. However, if I want to search by putting a term in the Address Bar it insists on using Google. I don't want that, I want Bing. Is there anyway I...
  5. How to add search bar into taskbar?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to add search bar into taskbar?: Hi everyone,I want to add searchbar into taskbar.Here is an example. [img] 46837
  6. Add and Remove Search Engine Icons on New Tab Top Sites in Firefox

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add and Remove Search Engine Icons on New Tab Top Sites in Firefox: How to: Add and Remove Search Engine Icons on New Tab Top Sites in Firefox How to Add and Remove Search Engine Shortcut Icons in Top Sites on Firefox New Tab page Starting with Firefox 63.0, search shortcuts for Top Sites were added. Amazon and Google appear as Top...
  7. Remove Firefox Search Bar

in Browsers and Email
    Remove Firefox Search Bar: I didn't like the Firefox Search Bar. I rarely used it. It takes up valuable real estate that can be used by other ADD-ONS Icons. I Just do my searches directly in Bing or Google. To remove the Firefox Search Bar (this actually just moves it and stores it away, you can...
  8. Add or Remove Toolbar Items in Firefox

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Toolbar Items in Firefox: How to: Add or Remove Toolbar Items in Firefox [img] Information Starting with Firefox Quantum (version 57), there is a new user interface (UI) called Photon. If you like, you can add or remove items for the toolbar and overflow menu to customize the toolbar how you...
  9. Add or Remove Title Bar in Firefox

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Title Bar in Firefox: How to: Add or Remove Title Bar in Firefox [img] Information The title bar is at the top of Firefox. It includes the Firefox icon in the top left corner, and the full title of the currently opened tab. The title bar is not added by default in Firefox since it does take...
  10. Add or Remove Recent Highlights in Library Menu in Firefox

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Recent Highlights in Library Menu in Firefox: How to: Add or Remove Recent Highlights in Library Menu in Firefox How to Add or Remove Recent Highlights in Library Menu in Firefox [img] Information Starting with Firefox Quantum (version 57), there is a new user interface (UI) called Photon. The Library item on...