Windows 10: Add or Remove SnapShot Sound for PrintScreen Key in Windows

Discus and support Add or Remove SnapShot Sound for PrintScreen Key in Windows in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Add or Remove SnapShot Sound for PrintScreen Key in Windows How to Add or Remove SnapShot Sound for PrintScreen Key in Windows [img]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Jun 20, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Add or Remove SnapShot Sound for PrintScreen Key in Windows

How to: Add or Remove SnapShot Sound for PrintScreen Key in Windows

How to Add or Remove SnapShot Sound for PrintScreen Key in Windows

Add or Remove SnapShot Sound for PrintScreen Key in Windows [​IMG]
    Information When you press the PrintScreen (PrtScrn) or Alt+PrintScreen keys, Windows will take a screenshot and copy it to your clipboard.

This tutorial will show you how to add or remove a SnapShot sound to play when the PrintScreen key is pressed in Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10.

While you must be signed in as an administrator to add or remove the SnapShot sound, all users will be able to change the SnapShot sound (if added) to any .wav file they like for their account.

Note In Windows 10, the SnapShot sound will not play if you set to automatically save screenshots I capture to OneDrive.

If you use any third party tool that takes over using the PrintScreen key, then the SnapShot sound will not play.

Here's How:

Note The .reg files below will add or remove the SnapShot registry key below.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\AppEvents\Schemes\Apps\.Default\SnapShot

1. Do step 2 (add) or step 3 (remove) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Add SnapShot Sound
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Add_SnapShot_sound.reg

Download

3. To Remove SnapShot Sound
    NOTE: This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Remove_SnapShot_sound.reg

Download

4. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

5. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

6. If prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

7. You can now delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.

8. If SnapShot sound was added, users can now open Sounds, and change the SnapShot sound to play any .wav file they select for it. (see screenshot below)

Note If you like, you can download and unblock this SnapShot.wav (click on) file to have it played for the SnapShot sound.

The default sounds in Windows are located in the C:\Windows\Media folder.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Jun 20, 2017
  2. dalchina Win User
    dalchina, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Oct 26, 2019
  4. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Add or Remove SnapShot Sound for PrintScreen Key in Windows :p

cadaveca, Oct 26, 2019
  5. emil_tr Win User
    Printscreen/ screenshot?

is printscreen or screenshot possible like on iphone pressing home+power button together? I could manage to find a way.

emil_tr, Oct 26, 2019
  6. Eric Ber Win User
    Toggle key sound keeps disappearing

Hi Zero_Kamikaze,

A corrupted sound driver is one of the possible reasons why you are having sound issues on your computer. For us to assist you better, kindly answer the questions below:

• What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Which version and OS build number of Windows 10 is currently installed? To check, press the
      Windows key, type winver, and press the
      Enter
      key.
    • Do you have a third-party security software installed?

Meanwhile, I would suggest that you download and install the latest sound driver from the manufacturer's website of your device. Also, you can try the steps in this

link
    to resolve sound issues on Windows 10.

We'll be looking forward to your reply.

Eric Ber, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Add or Remove SnapShot Sound for PrintScreen Key in Windows - Similar Threads - Add Remove SnapShot

2. Window+printscreen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window+printscreen: Till few days back I used to take screenshot using windows+printscreen keys. But recently I couldn't take screenshots that way. I checked keys. Both Windows key and printscreen key are working properly. Can someone help me to solve this !ps: I know we can use other ways to...
  3. Window+printscreen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Window+printscreen: Till few days back I used to take screenshot using windows+printscreen keys. But recently I couldn't take screenshots that way. I checked keys. Both Windows key and printscreen key are working properly. Can someone help me to solve this !ps: I know we can use other ways to...
  4. Snapshots

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snapshots: How can I take a snapshot trough the computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/snapshots/335dfbb3-5214-482d-b17a-0e8f26347dde
  5. Snapshots

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Snapshots: How can I take a snapshot trough the computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/snapshots/335dfbb3-5214-482d-b17a-0e8f26347dde
  6. Snapshots

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. printscreen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    printscreen: Both in windows 10 version 20h2 and windows 10 version 2004 I have a problem with print screen: not working. I have set that when pressing the print screen button the image is automatically saved in onedrive. However, this does not take place. Even if I paste the image into...
  8. PrintScreen

PrintScreen: I want to use printscreen to save map to screenshots in OneDrive, but key quit working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printscreen/5b0cd680-7972-4f49-b48a-30600390f3d1
  9. Printscreen

Printscreen: When selecting "FN + PRT SCRN" and then pasting, whether to Word or Paint, all I get is a black screen pasted such as you can see below...How do I fix this? This problem just started within the last few days. It doesn't matter what I'm capturing, whether in game, internet...
  10. printscreen

printscreen: The Printscreen in not fonctionning : how to fix this? Where to go for the configuration? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/printscreen/5f8bf7b4-7ac9-4f79-bff5-0a07cf0477ff