Windows 10: Add Power Plans to Dell Laptop

Discus and support Add Power Plans to Dell Laptop in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have a Dell Inspiron 15 5577 model with Win 10 Home. It only has one Power Plan, Balanced. My desktop (home built) has High Performance. Is there a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by fireberd, Feb 17, 2018.

1. fireberd Win User

Add Power Plans to Dell Laptop

I have a Dell Inspiron 15 5577 model with Win 10 Home. It only has one Power Plan, Balanced. My desktop (home built) has High Performance. Is there a way to get it on Win 10 Home? Or do I have to create my own power plan?

I use the Laptop for my recording studio and want the High Performance like I have on my desktop.

:)

fireberd, Feb 17, 2018

2. Battery Issue

i have been using Dell laptop so its currently on Dell power plan. before the update it was the same plan and it was doing good but now its not.

Thanks for your reply

Sizzlingsuraj, Feb 17, 2018
  3. markyboyz Win User
    Windows 10 closing applications upon sleep or coming out of sleep mode

Same problem with Dell 5559 laptop. Updating BIOS didn't work. Changing power plan to "Balanced" worked.

markyboyz, Feb 17, 2018
  4. Helmut Win User

Mod that one, or make your own > Create a power plan.

*Arrow Create Custom Power Plan in Windows 10 Windows 10 Tutorials

The last version update removed some preset choices.

The preset choices were not the same as a Desktop for obvious reasons of power dissipation and mobile CPUs power saving options.

Helmut, Feb 17, 2018
  5. fireberd Win User
    That's what I thought. Thanks.

fireberd, Feb 17, 2018
  6. EdTittel Win User
    Don't forget that more recent editions of Win10 (I think starting with FCU), there's a hide/show control for additional power plans in the window. You may have other plans defined, but you need to show them before you can pick them. Here's what I mean:
    1. Power Options window with additional plans hidden:

Add Power Plans to Dell Laptop [​IMG]

2. Power Options windows with additional plans showing:

Add Power Plans to Dell Laptop [​IMG]

You may very well have to define a new power plan to get things the way you want them. But try this first, and see what you've got.
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Feb 17, 2018
  7. fireberd Win User
    There are no other power plan options available on the Dell PC. Its Win 10 Home . I've already checked before I made the post.
    I'll have to create my own power plan.

fireberd, Feb 18, 2018
  8. EdTittel Win User

Sorry, Fireberd: didn't mean to come across as critical or nagging. Indeed, many PCs do benefit from entirely new or heavily customized power plans. Just wanted to make sure you didn't overlook something potentially helpful. Should've known you'd already beaten me to that check. Again: sorry!
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Add Power Plans to Dell Laptop - Similar Threads - Add Power Plans

2. Cant add/remove power plans

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant add/remove power plans: Hello everybody,I have already tried everything to get my power plans on Windows 10, but I only have access to the balanced one which is kinda annoying.I tried: 1. Updating and deleting drivers2. Updating Windows3. Using CMD and Shell to restore powerschemes4. Using CMD to...
  3. Cant add/remove power plans

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant add/remove power plans: Hello everybody,I have already tried everything to get my power plans on Windows 10, but I only have access to the balanced one which is kinda annoying.I tried: 1. Updating and deleting drivers2. Updating Windows3. Using CMD and Shell to restore powerschemes4. Using CMD to...
  4. Cant add/remove power plans

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. how to add Ultimate performance power plan?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to add Ultimate performance power plan?: Hello Microsoft, I would love to get some help. I bought a new PC, a high end one, and I want to play on Ultimate performance power plan but it didn't show up. I tried to add it using the commad prompt and the method where I import it as a file but it didn't work so please...
  6. how to add Ultimate performance power plan?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to add Ultimate performance power plan?: Hello Microsoft, I would love to get some help. I bought a new PC, a high end one, and I want to play on Ultimate performance power plan but it didn't show up. I tried to add it using the commad prompt and the method where I import it as a file but it didn't work so please...
  7. how to add Ultimate performance power plan?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Can't add power plans

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Can't add power plans: Hi everyone, My new-ish Dell G5 15 5590 i7-9750H laptop (OS build 19042.572) has been a bit of a pain for me in several minor areas, one of them being power plans. I want to add the High Performance power plan, but I can't do it...I've tried following instructions to add it...
  9. Laptop balanced power plan or power saver

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop balanced power plan or power saver: My laptop vents has no dust and foreign matters, also i have cooling pad. But when cpu going to 100% caused by update, maintenance, etc, it can hurt my 6 years laptop. Since the temperature can be mesured in 3rd patry app called core temp it rise about 75% when heavy load,...
  10. Missing Power Plans on Dell Laptop after FCU

in Windows 10 Support
    Missing Power Plans on Dell Laptop after FCU: After installing Fall creators update all power plans on my Dell Inspiron 5755 have vanished except for the "Balanced" option. In fact I have duplicate Balanced options now when I click to show hidden plans. My High-Performance and Power Savings options, as I said, have...