Windows 10: Add Safe Mode to Desktop Context Menu in Windows 10

Discus and support Add Safe Mode to Desktop Context Menu in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Add Safe Mode to Desktop Context Menu in Windows 10 How to Add Safe Mode to Desktop Context Menu in Windows 10 If you have a problem with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by SaggyMaggyPoo, Mar 9, 2015.

1. Add Safe Mode to Desktop Context Menu in Windows 10

How to: Add Safe Mode to Desktop Context Menu in Windows 10

How to Add Safe Mode to Desktop Context Menu in Windows 10

If you have a problem with your PC, you can troubleshoot by starting it in safe mode. Safe mode starts Windows with a minimal set of drivers and services. If a problem doesn't reappear when you start your PC in safe mode, you can eliminate the default settings and basic device drivers and services as possible causes.

This tutorial will show you how to add a Safe Mode cascading desktop context menu with options to restart in normal mode, safe mode, safe mode with networking, and safe mode with command prompt in Windows 10.

Safe Mode context menu options:

• Normal Mode = (Default) This starts Windows normally.
    • Safe Mode = This starts Windows with a minimal set of drivers and services.
    • Safe Mode with Networking = This starts Windows in safe mode and includes the network drivers and services needed to access the Internet or other computers on your network.
    • Safe Mode with Command Prompt = This starts Windows in safe mode with a command prompt window instead of the usual Windows interface.
    You must be an administrator to be able to add, remove, and use the Safe Mode context menu.

You will only be able to sign in using your account's password or PIN while in Safe Mode.

If you Restart to Safe Mode with Command Prompt, then you could do this to return to normal mode:

1) In the command prompt, type explorer, and press Enter.
    2) When explorer starts and you see the taskbar, close the Help and Support window.
    3) Right click or press and hold on the solid black desktop, click/tap on Safe Mode, and click/tap on Restart in Normal Mode.

Contents
    • Option One: To Add "Safe Mode" to Desktop Context Menu
    • Option Two: To Remove "Safe Mode" from Desktop Context Menu

EXAMPLE: Safe Mode Desktop Context Menu

Add Safe Mode to Desktop Context Menu in Windows 10 [​IMG]

OPTION ONE [/i] To Add "Safe Mode" to Desktop Context Menu
    1 Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below.
    Add_Safe_Mode_to_Desktop_context_menu.reg

Download
    2 Save the .reg file to your desktop.

3 Double click/tap on the .reg file to merge it.

4 When prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve.

5 If you like, you can now delete the .reg file.

OPTION TWO [/i] To Remove "Safe Mode" from Desktop Context Menu
    1 Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below.
    Remove_Safe_Mode_from_Desktop_context_menu.reg

Download
    2 Save the .reg file to your desktop.

3 Double click/tap on the .reg file to merge it.

4 When prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve.

5 If you like, you can now delete the .reg file.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

SaggyMaggyPoo, Mar 9, 2015
  2. 'Mike P Win User

Not able to delete file

If you're absolutely confident its a non-important file or folder;

You might startup in safe mode and try. Hold Shift key while pressing Restart.

If that doesn't work, you might add take ownership to the right click context menu... instructions here....

Add Take Ownership to Context Menu in Windows 10

'Mike P, Mar 9, 2015
  3. Shawn Brink, Mar 9, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Add Safe Mode to Desktop Context Menu in Windows 10

Hello Maggi,

LOL, I hear you on that. *Wink

The Restart in Normal Mode option will boot to the OS.

Brink, Mar 9, 2015
  5. Okay, but the one I wanted was the one where, when I first switch on I now get 2 options: Safe Mode or my Windows 8.1 OS, and I get 30 seconds before it automatically boots to the OS.

It's one of your W8 tutorials but I have browsed the W10 ones and can't see anything quite the same here yet.

SaggyMaggyPoo, Mar 9, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Ah, I see. The one to add Safe Mode to the boot options menu.

I haven't done it yet, but you can still use the same method for Windows 8.1 below, but just substitute the description text in the command to have "Windows 10" in it or what you like instead.

Safe Mode - Add to Windows Boot Manager in Windows 8

Brink, Mar 9, 2015
  7. Okay, thanks Shawn.

I thought it was likely it would be the same, but you never know when they'll change something just to confuse us *Smile.

SaggyMaggyPoo, Mar 10, 2015
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

You're most welcome. *Smile

Brink, Mar 10, 2015
  9. Vladimir Win User
    Very useful indeed !

Thanks.

*Smile

Vladimir, Mar 10, 2015
  10. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're welcome. *Smile

Brink, Mar 10, 2015
  11. Etokan9 Win User
    Works great! Thank you Shawn.

Etokan9, Nov 18, 2015
  12. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're most welcome Etokan. I'm glad it could help. *Smile

Brink, Nov 18, 2015
  13. Add Safe Mode to Desktop Context Menu in Windows 10

Thank you Sir. I added it and it is a lot easier than trying to figure out what key to keep
    pressing to get into safe mode when you're in a panic.
    Its like something from another universe.
    I did see a bright light in the corner of my screen during installation.

COMPUTIAC Guest, Nov 19, 2015
  14. Brink
    Brink New Member
    If you don't have any memory of the last few hours, it was just the light from my ship paying a visit. *Wink

Brink, Nov 19, 2015
  15. Etokan9 Win User
    Hi Brink,
    When I select start in Safemode from the context menu I just get this: see snapshot
    Add Safe Mode to Desktop Context Menu in Windows 10 [​IMG]
    . Would you help me fix that please, thank you.

Etokan9, Nov 21, 2015
Thema:

1. Add Safe Mode to Desktop Context Menu in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Add Safe Mode

2. How to add or remove Safe Mode to Desktop Context Menu in Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    How to add or remove Safe Mode to Desktop Context Menu in Windows 11/10: [ATTACH]Safe Mode in Windows 11 or Windows 10 essentially starts the operating system in a basic state, using a limited set of files and drivers. If while in Safe Mode, you do not experience any issues, then it means that default settings and basic device drivers aren’t...
  3. How to add Settings to the Desktop context menu in Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    How to add Settings to the Desktop context menu in Windows 11/10: [ATTACH]It is important that you have convenient access to the most frequently used utilities while working on your computer. One of these, at least for me, is Windows Settings. They serve a plethora of purposes and I heavily rely on them. One of the easiest ways to make them...
  4. How to add Restart Start Menu to Context Menu on Desktop

in Windows 10 News
    How to add Restart Start Menu to Context Menu on Desktop: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Windows 10 v1903 Update introduced several new features and enhancements. One of the under the hood changes is the separation of the Start Menu from the Explorer process. It is now an independent process. This process can be seen in [...] This post How to...
  5. Add Restart Start Menu to Desktop Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add Restart Start Menu to Desktop Context Menu in Windows 10: How to: Add Restart Start Menu to Desktop Context Menu in Windows 10 How to Add Restart Start Menu to Desktop Context Menu in Windows 10 The Start menu contains shortcuts of all your apps, settings, and files. Starting with Windows 10 build 18317, Microsoft separated...
  6. Add Shut Down to Desktop Context Menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Add Shut Down to Desktop Context Menu: I finished upgrading my laptop to Window 10 Pro and I got Microsoft Money Sunset and Frontpage 2003 working. So I am happy. *Party An old problem came back, after a shutdown, the system "resumes" instead of starting without the option of allowing me to get into the bios. I...
  7. Add Presentation Settings to Desktop Context Menu in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add Presentation Settings to Desktop Context Menu in Windows: How to: Add Presentation Settings to Desktop Context Menu in Windows How to Add Presentation Settings to Desktop Context Menu in Windows When giving a presentation, you may want to turn on presentation mode. While presentation mode is turned on, your computer stays...
  8. Add Restart Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add Restart Context Menu in Windows 10: How to: Add Restart Context Menu in Windows 10 How to Add Restart Context Menu in Windows 10 Restart will close all apps, sign out all users, and full shutdown and restart (reboot) the PC. Starting with the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update: Old behavior: - When...
  9. Add or Remove Personalize Desktop Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Personalize Desktop Context Menu in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Personalize Desktop Context Menu in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Personalize Desktop Context Menu in Windows 10 [img] Information When you right click or press and hold on your desktop and click/tap on Personalize, it will open to Background...
  10. Add or Remove Set as desktop background Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Set as desktop background Context Menu in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Set as desktop background Context Menu in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove 'Set as desktop background' Context Menu in Windows 10 [img] Information When you right click on a .bmp, .dib, .gif, .jfif, .jpe, .jpeg, .jpg, .png, .tif, .tiff, or .wdp...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. add safe mode to context menu