Windows 10: Adding "Hibernate" to Power button at Start menu

Discus and support Adding "Hibernate" to Power button at Start menu in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, I followed the guide to enable Hibernate mode, but is there a way to show it in the Power options? all I can see now is "Sleep", "Shut down"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mibaup, Sep 5, 2015.

1. mibaup Win User

Adding "Hibernate" to Power button at Start menu

Hello,

I followed the guide to enable Hibernate mode, but is there a way to show it in the Power options?
    all I can see now is "Sleep", "Shut down" and "Restart". Was I supposed to see "Hibernate" after following this guide:

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...dows-10-a.html ?

Or maybe in order to see I need to restart my computer? Or this guide only enables hibernate but doesn't add this to the "Power" button itself?

Thanks

:)

mibaup, Sep 5, 2015

2. Sleep & Hibernate issues

For some time now, my computer will not go into "Sleep" or "Hibernate" mode, unless I force it manually. In "Settings" , "Power & Sleep", I have it set to "Sleep" after 4 hours, but it does not go into "Sleep" mode, and stays on until I turn off the computer.
    I can put it in "Sleep" mode manually from the "Start" menu power button icon, and I can do the same for "Hibernate". There is no setting for "Hibernate", under "Settings" , "Power & Sleep". How can I get the settings to work for "Sleep", and how can I add
    "Hibernate" to the "Power & Sleep" menu in "Settings"?

AlanRosenbaum, Sep 5, 2015
  3. Windows 10 randomly wakes up from hibernate with source unkown

Thanks will investigate the "turn on fast startup".

My machine is a small desktop.

In the Start menu the Power entry did not have the 'hibernate' option which I added (through settings).

I expected the Hibernate to be 'as it used to be' but something is happening 'behind the curtains'.

I use the Power->hibernate and then power button to cycle system off and on.

PeterKyllesbeck, Sep 5, 2015
  4. Rudy Mas Win User

Do the following things:

• Open "Power Options" (Win-X -> O)
    • Left Menu, Click on -> Require a password on wakeup
    • Click on -> Change settings that are currently unavailable
    • At the bottom "Shutdown settings" tick "Hibernate"

That's all.

Rudy Mas, Sep 5, 2015
  5. DavidE Win User
    DavidE, Sep 5, 2015
  6. mibaup Win User
    Thanks! It worked (ofcourse *Tongue)!

mibaup, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Adding "Hibernate" to Power button at Start menu - Similar Threads - Adding Hibernate Power

2. Cannot Add Hibernate to Power Menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot Add Hibernate to Power Menu: I have a brand new Dell Latitude 7640 running Windows 11 Enterprise version 10.0.22631 Build 22631. I cannot get the bibernate option to appear in the power menu. I've attempted adding it in the settings:I've also added it using Command Prompt, per the instructions in this...
  3. Hibernation Wake With Power Button

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hibernation Wake With Power Button: So I often use the hibernation feature over the sleep feature, and I've had a small problem. Whenever I try to use hibernation on my desktop, it wakes on any mouse movement. This leads to it almost always randomly turning back on while I'm in bed or something. On my laptop I...
  4. Power button on Start menu unresponsive in the lower half

in Windows 10 Customization
    Power button on Start menu unresponsive in the lower half: I've noticed that the Power button on the Windows Start menu of my laptop is unresponsive when clicked anywhere in the lower half of the button. The problem is quite evident from just hovering over the lower half of the button - the button doesn't get highlighted until...
  5. power button and hibernate query

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    power button and hibernate query: When I quickly press the Power Button on my laptop, it is set to go into Hibernate. Two times lately, it seemingly is going into Hibernate, the machine powers down and suddenly it comes right back out of what should be Hibernate. The first time it did this, I rebooted the...
  6. Adding Hibernate option to power button - fails

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Adding Hibernate option to power button - fails: On a Dell Inspirion 15 3567 hibernate is not available as an option for the power button. This remains true even after following the tutorial and updating the registry (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FlyoutMenuSettings). Am I out of...
  7. Missing Hibernate Button/Action in Power Menu.

Missing Hibernate Button/Action in Power Menu.: Trying to get the hibernate button/action back in the power menu on Windows 10 1903. Any help is appreciated. *Wink [img] 134426
  8. How to customize power button in Start menu?

How to customize power button in Start menu?: Hi everyone, In Windows 7 it was possible (pls see picture): [img] Several options were discontinued in Windows 10, but many remained, though invisible. Can anyone know what to do to set the key in "Start menu" from Disable (default) to Hibernate (default) in Windows 10...
  9. Windows 10 Start Menu Power Button Not Working

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Start Menu Power Button Not Working: This is one of the few places where this problem is even mentioned but it was with a insider preview 14905 way back in 2016. Just about every Windows 10 install that I have has this problem. I should say just the ones that were a "free" upgrade. Fresh installs seem to be OK....
  10. Start menu power button no longer working - 14905.1000

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu power button no longer working - 14905.1000: Hello Gang, One laptop I have on the IP fast build, now on 14905.1000 has this issue. Click start, then click power, and blink, the start menu just closes, no options given for shutdown. The options above for settings and file explorer work just fine, left or right...