Windows 10: Administrative Tools - Control Panel Path

Discus and support Administrative Tools - Control Panel Path in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Greetings, I'm having a relatively minor (but annoying) paths issue, after having organized my Start Menu folders. Firstly, Windows reminded me that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Archon, Sep 27, 2019.

1. Archon Win User

Administrative Tools - Control Panel Path

Greetings,

I'm having a relatively minor (but annoying) paths issue, after having organized my Start Menu folders.

Firstly, Windows reminded me that it's now a mobile OS, only pretending to be a desktop OS (subfolders don't display). *Rolleyes
    - If someone has a way to resolve this (without having to use a 3rd party custom shell), that'd be cool, although this isn't the reason I'm making this thread.

Anyway, I noticed that my reorganization broke Control Panel's Administrative Tools link. I had moved all the "Windows" shortcuts into a single folder, to keep things clean. When trying to access Admin Tools, I was getting a "Location is not available" error. Fixed this by placing the Admin Tools shortcuts in the specified folder, following the instructions here: Restore Default Administrative Tools in Windows 10

So, here's the problem: It's not the original default location. The original Start Menu folder was "Windows Administrative Tools", but now it's located at "Administrative Tools" instead, at the top of the list.

Actual location: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Administrative Tools

Where I'd like to have it:
    C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Windows\Windows Administrative Tools
    Or:
    C:\Users\USER\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Windows\Administrative Tools

However, when I move the shortcuts to either of the preferred locations, I end up with an empty Admin Tools, when accessed via Control Panel.

Hope that makes sense. Any way I can fix this?

Thanks in advance!

:)

Archon, Sep 27, 2019

2. windows 10 control panel

Hello,

Thank you for visiting Microsoft Community and providing us with the detailed description about the issue.

As per the description, I understand that you want to know how to access the control panel in Windows 10?

I certainly understand your concern and will try my best to help you.

I would suggest you to try the following steps to open the Control Panel in the system.

Step 1: Opening Control Panel in Windows 10.

• Open Run command box by simultaneously pressing Windows and R keys (Windows + R).

• In the Run dialog box, type
      Control
      and then press Enter key to open the classic Control Panel.
    Step 2: Access Control Panel in Windows 10 from desktop.

• Right-click on the Start button (Windows logo button at the bottom-left corner of the desktop) and then click Control Panel to open the same.
    Step 3: Launch Control Panel using search.

• Open Start menu or screen.

• In the search box, enter Control Panel and then press Enter key to open the same.
    Note: You can quickly access the search with the help of Windows + C hotkey.

Step 4: Create Control Panel shortcut on desktop.

• Right-click on desktop, click New, and then click Shortcut.
    • In Type the location of the item box, type the following path.
    explorer shell:ControlPanelFolder

• Click Next button.
    • In the Type a name for this shortcut box, type Control Panel, and click Finish button. You can now double-click on the Control Panel icon on the desktop to quickly launch the same.
    Step 5: Pin Control Panel to Start or taskbar.

• In the Start search box, type Control Panel.

• When you see search results, right-click on Control Panel entry and then click Pin to Start to pin it to the Start menu or screen.
    Note: Clicking Pin to taskbar will pin the Control Panel to taskbar.

I hope this information is helpful.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Jayant Gupta, Sep 27, 2019
  3. windows 10 control panel

Step 2 does not work at all. Anything from File Explorer and above does not launch at all.

DeviantWolf, Sep 27, 2019
  4. Administrative Tools - Control Panel Path

windows 10 control panel

Great help.......thanks.....I wonder why Microsoft did not installed it automatically....

MannyMarinPR, Sep 27, 2019
Thema:

Administrative Tools - Control Panel Path

1. Administrative Tools - Control Panel Path - Similar Threads - Administrative Tools Control

2. there is no Administrative Tool in my control panel

in Windows 10 Gaming
    there is no Administrative Tool in my control panel: there is no Administrative Tool in my control panel. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/there-is-no-administrative-tool-in-my-control/a4c1c0b4-def4-4498-ac14-27264ef2bbb4
  3. there is no Administrative Tool in my control panel

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    there is no Administrative Tool in my control panel: there is no Administrative Tool in my control panel. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/there-is-no-administrative-tool-in-my-control/a4c1c0b4-def4-4498-ac14-27264ef2bbb4
  4. what if there is no administrative section in control panel

in Windows 10 Gaming
    what if there is no administrative section in control panel: how am i supposed to use administrative section to stop automatically update windows updateit was wrong info you go to settings windows update advance, you can only pause, i paused until june...
  5. what if there is no administrative section in control panel

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    what if there is no administrative section in control panel: how am i supposed to use administrative section to stop automatically update windows updateit was wrong info you go to settings windows update advance, you can only pause, i paused until june...
  6. what if there is no administrative section in control panel

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Old Appearance control panel: 3rd-party tool?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Old Appearance control panel: 3rd-party tool?: You all may remember that amazingly detailed little appearance panel that let us do things like change the size of the font in the title bar, change the thickness of window borders, change the font in context menus, change the colors of individual things like the backgrounds...
  8. Administrative tools - control panel

in Windows 10 Customization
    Administrative tools - control panel: Conttol pannel>administrative tools. Menus displayed in administrative tools from control pannel appear as shortcuts win 10. Is it normal or my system is infected with any mallware?...
  9. Is the a way to correct the control panel shortcut file path?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Is the a way to correct the control panel shortcut file path?: I just upgraded to an M.2 and I was trying to save space so after I installed all the drivers and updated windows I went into the registry and pointed the instillation path to my D drive to install programs that don't give you the option to choose the install location like...
  10. Control Panel

in Windows 10 Support
    Control Panel: I 'upgraded' to Windows 10 yesterday and initially found the control panel but can no longer find it. I very badly want to change my wallpaper and screen saver. Where is it? 26489