Windows 10: Administrator account works, other one has problems

Discus and support Administrator account works, other one has problems in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I upgraded from Windows 7 to 10 in summer. Have had many problems. Now the major one is: Windows 10 works fine in administrator account, but in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Chris1054, Oct 30, 2015.

1. Chris1054 Win User

Administrator account works, other one has problems

I upgraded from Windows 7 to 10 in summer. Have had many problems. Now the major one is: Windows 10 works fine in administrator account, but in the other user account I primarily use, most of the apps don't work (including store --Cortana and Edge are about the only ones that do. Clicking on the others does nothing, and the app store has disappeared from the task bar). Help, please

:)

Chris1054, Oct 30, 2015

2. Administrators

There is only one kind of administrator... one can't overrule the other one. If one of them has more access/control than the other, then the other one is probably not an actual administrator-level user account (it is not a member of the administrators group).

If the other one truly is an administrator-level, then you can go to the Settings > Accounts page to remove the one you don't want.

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Oct 30, 2015
  3. MiraEcho Win User
    Can't switch input methods for Japanese Microsoft IME

One thing that I found out is that the administrator account only works with Japanese. I use two other accounts on my computer for my work while I don't use the administrator account for anything. The two accounts have the same problem as OP while the
    administrator works perfectly. I'm not sure why this is.

MiraEcho, Oct 30, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Nov 1, 2015
Thema:

1. Administrator account works, other one has problems - Similar Threads - Administrator account works

2. My laptop has deleted one account and stripped the other of administrator please help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop has deleted one account and stripped the other of administrator please help: I had two accounts on my laptop and one of them was administrator and I reboot and find out that one of the accounts has been completely removed and the other one is stripped of being and administrator so I can’t create a new account...
  3. My laptop has deleted one account and stripped the other of administrator please help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop has deleted one account and stripped the other of administrator please help: I had two accounts on my laptop and one of them was administrator and I reboot and find out that one of the accounts has been completely removed and the other one is stripped of being and administrator so I can’t create a new account...
  4. Administrator Account Problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Administrator Account Problem: Hello, Could someone help with me with my problem?So, my laptop was installed with Windows 10 several days ago and I accidentally pressed something that made my laptop change from Administrator Account to Standard Account? I have tried many method I found in the internet but...
  5. Administrator Account Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Administrator Account Problem: Hello, Could someone help with me with my problem?So, my laptop was installed with Windows 10 several days ago and I accidentally pressed something that made my laptop change from Administrator Account to Standard Account? I have tried many method I found in the internet but...
  6. Game works on one windows account but not the other

in Windows 10 Customization
    Game works on one windows account but not the other: As the title says, a game I have on origin will work not work on my main windows account, but if I switch to a guest it then starts working. Any ideas?...
  7. Administrator Account Problems

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Administrator Account Problems: I was poking around the netplwiz on my laptop to be able to change my account username and changed the single account on there to device owner. From there I restarted my computer because the task bar search bar wasn't working. Now that I've restarted it, I can't access any of...
  8. Other account with no administrator account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Other account with no administrator account: Hello. Is there possibility how to fix the problem with other user on lock screen and no administrator account in computer? I lost administrator account when my university changed e-mails and they block one which has administrator privillege. Then I find out how to sign in...
  9. No administrator account and other problems after updates

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    No administrator account and other problems after updates: after update have I no administrator user account on computer just local and I can't add or change the user account because I get UAC box with message "access denied". The box contains NO as only response, with small message saying "to continue enter admin user name &...
  10. ''Other User'' account can't go back to administrator Problem

in Windows 10 Support
    ''Other User'' account can't go back to administrator Problem: Hi, i would like to ask some help regarding my bf laptop. Earlier today, as I open his laptop I click this button says '' Other User'' because I didnt know his username and pw. Sadly, as I want to turn back to his regular sign in options. The "other user'' didn't go back to...