Windows 10: After installing KB4524148 boot issue

Discus and support After installing KB4524148 boot issue in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, After installing KB4524148 several users called because their laptops shows only the dell boot screen. Restarting the laptop does not solve... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by J.de.Graaf, Oct 7, 2019.

1. After installing KB4524148 boot issue

Hello,

After installing KB4524148 several users called because their laptops shows only the dell boot screen. Restarting the laptop does not solve the issue. Last month updates also causes laptops with boot issues. Only option in this case is to re-image the laptop in SCCM.

Our situation:

Windows 10 1809 installed through SCCM v1902.

Windows updates through SCCM

About 250 laptops installed

Updates on laptops worked fine nearly a year but the last 2 updates causes boot issues.

Is there something we can check why certain updates are failing? And why not all the laptops are having boot issues?

Kind regards,

Jan

:)

J.de.Graaf, Oct 7, 2019
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Oct 7, 2019
  3. Bree Win User
    Installation media boots to command prompt

I've just booted from known working install media to see exactly what it does when booting. The sequence of events is...

1. Windows logo on a black screen
    2. circling dots appear beneath the logo
    3. light blue 'Please wait' screen with circling dots
    4. a command prompt window (very briefly)
    5. the initial Setup page appears

Do you see steps 1-3? If so, it appears you have stopped at step 4, suggesting that something on the disc cannot be read.

Does the disc boot properly in another machine? If so, try cleaning the laptop's drive lens then try booting from the disc again.

If not, make new install media with Microsoft's Media Creation Tool, either as a bootable USB, on an ISO that you can burn to another disc. At Step 8 in Option One of this tutorial you can choose between making a USB or an ISO.

Download Windows 10 ISO File

Bree, Oct 7, 2019
  4. After installing KB4524148 boot issue

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Oct 7, 2019
Thema:

After installing KB4524148 boot issue

1. After installing KB4524148 boot issue - Similar Threads - installing KB4524148 boot

2. Issues with Booting after Formatting

in Windows 10 Support
    Issues with Booting after Formatting: Hello, After having booting issues on my Samsung Series 7 All-in-one (i7). I decided to clean reinstall Windows 10. After installing, I am having issues with booting windows 10 and I am left with: The Boot Configuration Data file doesnt contain valid information for an...
  3. After installation and re-installation, boot issues continue...

in Windows 10 Support
    After installation and re-installation, boot issues continue...: Although there is already a thread, I open a new one because I would like to give a more detailed description of the extremely annoying situation I'm in. About a month ago I switched from Win 7 to Win 10. My Win 7 system: SSD - Win 7 greek (Samsung SSD 840 Pro 128 Gb) HDD 1...
  4. Issue with PC boot after installing graphics card drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Issue with PC boot after installing graphics card drivers: Hello, I've got problem with my graphics card that after installing graphics card driver PC cant boot to windows. Only if i uninstall drivers in safe mode it boots to windows then when i install it and reboot pc it doesnt turns on, stops on the loading circle and after...
  5. Problems after update on 10/4/19 of October 3, 2019—KB4524148 (OS Build 17763.775)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problems after update on 10/4/19 of October 3, 2019—KB4524148 (OS Build 17763.775): I am having problems with Microsoft Edge not responding. This issue has grown so that now I am experiencing a drastic slowing of computer performance. Yesterday a Wer.fault.exe error appeared. I have checked the computer reliability report and there appears to be a...
  6. Unable to Print After after doing a MS patch update - KB4524148

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to Print After after doing a MS patch update - KB4524148: Office Ricoh printer unable to ping after after doing a MS patch update - KB4524148. Please suggest to fix this issue. Printer: Ricoh 3503 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-print-after-after-doing-a-ms-patch/b1eb61ce-2fdb-48a4-a171-67d477f2d135
  7. Cumulative Update KB4524148 Windows 10 v1809 Build 17763.775 - Oct. 3 Win Update

in Windows 10 News
    Cumulative Update KB4524148 Windows 10 v1809 Build 17763.775 - Oct. 3 Win Update: October 3, 2019 - KB4524148 (OS Build 17763.775) Applies to: Windows 10 version 1809, Windows Server version 1809, Windows Server 2019 all versions IMPORTANT This is a required security update that expands the out-of-band update dated September 23, 2019. This security...
  8. Boot issues after windows install attempt

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Boot issues after windows install attempt: I have a Samsung 850 Evo 1TB which is being used as my boot drive. I also have a Samsung SM951 m.2 NVME 128GB drive which is much faster. I used to have windows installed on my m.2 drive, but due to unfortunate circumstances, everything on my pc was wiped and the 850 Evo was...
  9. Issues NOT booting after a clean Windows 10 install

Issues NOT booting after a clean Windows 10 install: Hi, My system lost it's functionality, hanging in different applications etc. So I decided to 'reset' this failed twice, once with keep files and once with remove everything. As I could still use the system I downloaded the MCT and created on a USB, so far no issues. Boot...
  10. install issue is now a booting issue

install issue is now a booting issue: I’m having a terrible issue where my pc stopped loading after a windows 10 update. Now when turn my PC on, it shuts off after it reads the HD. I was able to clear it off and install 8.1 but when I got to install windows 10, it does the same thing and shuts off and tries to...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. kb4524148 blue screen