Windows 10: After rebooting, how do I force my PC to require a password?

Discus and support After rebooting, how do I force my PC to require a password? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello How do I force my PC to require a password when logging in? I tried running NETPLWIZ but although "Users must enter a username and password... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ship69, Apr 6, 2017.

1. ship69 Win User

After rebooting, how do I force my PC to require a password?

Hello

How do I force my PC to require a password when logging in?

I tried running NETPLWIZ but although "Users must enter a username and password to use this computer" is ticked this is NOT TRUE. As things stand after I reboot, the username is defaulted and I simply click "Sign in" and I'm in, without requiring a password!

Thanks

J

:)

ship69, Apr 6, 2017

2. windows 10 requires reboot when screensaver is supposed to step in. help

Windows 10 after start up will require a forced reboot if I walk a away for 5 minutes. How to resolve?

BobCriddle, Apr 6, 2017
  3. MaryMudge Win User
    Windows User ID Changed to MSN ID

Since upgrading from Windows 7 to 10, when the computer reboots, it forces me to log in with my LIVE ID or MSN ID... whatever it's called. Where did my Windows ID for this computer go and how do I get it back? Furthermore, how do I change Windows to not
    require a login at all on a reboot? I don't see a setting for that.

Sorry guys, but I don't use that MSN account for much and I don't appreciate being forced to use it.

MaryMudge, Apr 6, 2017
  4. WOT
    WOT Win User

Thema:

1. After rebooting, how do I force my PC to require a password? - Similar Threads - rebooting force require

2. My surface laptop would not reboot after a forced upgrade. It required a bit locker release...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My surface laptop would not reboot after a forced upgrade. It required a bit locker release...: Can anyone help cant reboot my surface lap top after a forced windows upgrade. Have unlocked via bitlocker but can’t get any of the repair options or reinstall options to work. On repair from local it fails on reinstall at 64%....
  3. Computer sometimes freezes screen requiring to force a reboot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer sometimes freezes screen requiring to force a reboot: For the last two to three months, my laptop HP Notebook - 15-dw0105nf has had an issue with seemingly random crashes. It may be related to the battery suddenly deteriorating currently below 5 % of design capacitySometimes it just freezes the screen with the mouse still...
  4. Computer sometimes freezes screen requiring to force a reboot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer sometimes freezes screen requiring to force a reboot: For the last two to three months, my laptop HP Notebook - 15-dw0105nf has had an issue with seemingly random crashes. It may be related to the battery suddenly deteriorating currently below 5 % of design capacitySometimes it just freezes the screen with the mouse still...
  5. Computer sometimes freezes screen requiring to force a reboot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. How do I get my computer to require a password?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I get my computer to require a password?: I'm probably going to sound really tilted because I just spent an hour trying to do the most basic possible security precaution but still don't have an answer so forgive me. No matter where I look I cannot figure out how to make my computer not go straight to desktop when I...
  7. How do I remove password complexity requirement?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I remove password complexity requirement?: Hi guys i've been trying for a pretty long time to remove password complexity requirements on my local account and i found this website: https://www.infopackets.com/node/10729 I'm using windows 10 home, ver 10.0.18363 the difference between the website's instructions and...
  8. After a recent update I was required to use a password to open my PC. After doing that, I...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    After a recent update I was required to use a password to open my PC. After doing that, I...: I cannot open files, or file explorer after windows update. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-a-recent-update-i-was-required-to-use-a/26a2f9c4-4e81-4dbb-91bc-a2b638b3a11f"
  9. Password is not required on reboot

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Password is not required on reboot: I ended up needing to reload windows to get 1809 to load properly. Now when you reboot the computer, it does not challenge you for a password even though it is set up to require a password. If I log out of the user, then the password is requested as appropriate. In the old...
  10. How do I remove the Password and PIN requirement?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I remove the Password and PIN requirement?: I asked this once before and was given " NETPLWIZ " to remove the password and life was good. Then my IT guy installed the requirement for the PIN. How do we remove them again?...