Windows 10: After upgrade to 1903 problems encountered.

Discus and support After upgrade to 1903 problems encountered. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; After installing the 1903 upgrade this morning: 1. I could not login onto this computer. User Profile failed to load. I normally login with a PIN. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Jingles, Jul 21, 2019.

1. Jingles Win User

After upgrade to 1903 problems encountered.

After installing the 1903 upgrade this morning:
    1. I could not login onto this computer. User Profile failed to load. I normally login with a PIN.
    I executed a restart from the login screen and was able to login. During the process, which was slow, I was informed "Windows was being prepared".

2. The taskbar only displayed default icons. The Start options are reset to defaults. However all apps are still listed and the startup apps loaded as expected.

3. This computer is not displayed in the Network.
    It will display when manually called (i.e. \\computer)

4. A W10 Pro 1903 computer is not displayed in the network. When I manually call it (\\comp2) I am presented with a login dialog. When I enter the credentials I am told the login is invalid. Comp2 and this computer are both attached to my Microsoft Account. Also the network attached folders on Comp2 are listed in in MyPC and are accessible.
    Comp2 can see this computer on this network and has no access issues.
    I can ping the computers both ways and TightVNC works both ways so I don't think there is a network connection issues. Both computers are connected via Ethernet and are in the same workgroup. This computer is named XXX and comp2 is named XXX-Club. (the XXX is the same on both machines).

5. When I open my Office 365 apps they open as though they have never been used (i.e. Outlook does not have any email accounts).

6. OneDrive and Dropbox are no longer installed.

And there may be other things missing also.

I realize this list is long and maybe should be broken into separate threads but I had to start someplace.

- - - Updated - - -

I just resolved item 6 by reinstalling OneDrive and Dropbox from their respective websites.

:)

Jingles, Jul 21, 2019

2. Local profile issue after upgrading to 1903

Hi roblinb

Not listed in the Known.

Known issues for Windows 10 May 2019 Update version 1903

As far as Wifi any chance it is Qualcom inside USB adapter, if Qualcom then yes known issue.

I might create another user (Local) and when if try again see if this issue occurs on both users.

Would also suggest you run the first 5 steps in this tutorial to see if you have any corruption with current build.

Use DISM to Repair Windows 10 Image

Ken

Caledon Ken, Jul 21, 2019
  3. Megahertz Win User
    How long to install 1903 update--new laptop

I downloaded the 1903 iso and ran the setup.
    It took about 2 hours (many steps with many reboots) to update.
    In my case it worked without issues but there are many users that encounter problems like USB not working.
    Just after installation, WU did a huge update on it (probably to fix the 1903 bugs).

Megahertz, Jul 21, 2019
  4. After upgrade to 1903 problems encountered.

Video card or RAM need upgrading?

Memtest: no errors after 10 hrs.
    I'm going to perform the Primetest, later on. Get back to you on that.
    I'm going to take it step by step, guys. I need to find the problem with this current computer. I might have to upgrade some components, so that it is still runnable. As for the new one, yes....i will build on it later. I need to find something decent 'gaming experience', all suggestions appreciated. THanks.

itsmeitsme, Jul 21, 2019
Thema:

After upgrade to 1903 problems encountered.

1. After upgrade to 1903 problems encountered. - Similar Threads - upgrade 1903 problems

2. Encountering problems after windows update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Encountering problems after windows update: Hello, Recently 08-12-2020 I ran a windows update on my pc. ever since I have been encountering problems. First of all, for some reason it deleted my background, Which I found weird. Second it seems to have deleted my Microsoft hosted network adapter, which i found out...
  3. Network problem after upgrading from 1803 to 1903 and 1909

Network problem after upgrading from 1803 to 1903 and 1909: Since 1803 is no longer supported i decided to try and upgrade to 1903 and then to 1909 this week. Since the upgrade my internet via ethernet hasn't been working probably. I can't load any webpages on boot and I have to disable and then enable the network adapteron control...
  4. Printer problems after upgrading to Win 10 1903

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer problems after upgrading to Win 10 1903: I recently upgraded to Windows 10 1903. Appeared to go ok, until I wanted to use my printer, a Brother MFC-J5330DW. It would not function, even though the device preferences and settings could be seen and it was flagged as the default printer in the Windows settings. Any...
  5. After upgrade to 1903 problems encountered.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After upgrade to 1903 problems encountered.: After installing the 1903 upgrade this morning: 1. I could not login onto this computer. User Profile failed to load. I normally login with a PIN. I executed a restart from the login screen and was able to login. During the process, which was slow, I was informed "Windows...
  6. LAN problem after upgrade to Win10 version 1903

LAN problem after upgrade to Win10 version 1903: I have 3 computers in my LAN. Since the last upgrade a month ago, My laptop cannot see or find the desktop PC on the network. I have tried disabling firewalls and manually entering the TCP/IP network addresses on the desktop PC but nothing has worked. Has anyone else...
  7. Problem with RamDisc after upgrade to ver.1903

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problem with RamDisc after upgrade to ver.1903: Hi there, First sorry my english is little poor I recently upgrade windows 10 home(1803) to ver.1903 without any problems, now i have problem with RamDisc.In 1803 ver.it work as expected,now everytime i turn on computer i must create over and over new virtual drive.The...
  8. Cortana problems after 1803 -> 1903 upgrade

in Cortana
    Cortana problems after 1803 -> 1903 upgrade: Hello! I use the search function to launch programs *a lot*. Until today that was the same Start menu icon as Cortana. Now there are separate menu items. I've accidentally been clicking Cortana, *a lot*, and everytime it yells at me to set it up. I'm not going to do that....
  9. Problem with windows update after upgrade win10 1903

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Problem with windows update after upgrade win10 1903: i have update my sistem on 1903 but now when i try to search update it's in loop and blocked on search update... i try a lot of solution on the web like this but notghing....anyone help me? Method 1: Run the Windows Update troubleshooter. Type “Troubleshooting” in search...
  10. win10 1903 trying to set up search and encountering problems

in Windows 10 Support
    win10 1903 trying to set up search and encountering problems: Fresh install of 1903. I don't use cortana, and set it to not show on the taskbar. I click the magnifying glass "search" and see some stuff I have searched for just after install. I don't want history there. I went to "settings", "search" "permissions:.... and there is...