Windows 10: After W10 reset Cortana missing

Discus and support After W10 reset Cortana missing in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I reset my pc because I developed a microphone problem that I couldn't solve. The pc mic volume kept returning to zero after I set it to 100% so only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Ose, Jul 16, 2016.

1. OSE
    Ose Win User

After W10 reset Cortana missing

I reset my pc because I developed a microphone problem that I couldn't solve. The pc mic volume kept returning to zero after I set it to 100% so only for a moment or so I could be heard by Cortana. I followed online support and even bought a new mic (usb) to eliminate the mic as being the problem.
    After I did the pc w-10 reset I noticed that Cortana was now missing. I have been unable to find a way to download it . My Mic volume setting does not return to zero now but I'm missing Cortana.

:)

2. Cortana Missing

It didn’t help. As I told you in the previous mail there is no microphone sign and no Cortana circle on the search bar. I was thinking to uninstall updates and reinstall them. Before the factory reset Cortana was there and was working . Please suggest
    something else.

Cortana Missing, Jul 16, 2016
  3. Cortana Missing

I recently factory reset my laptop and freshly installed windows 10.Now my windows is updated to the latest version but there is no cortana. Although the settings show cortana and search settings.In the screenshots it can be seen cortana settings are there
    but the assistant is not there.I thhink ive accidently disabled cortana.Please help.Please tell how to setup the cortana?
    After W10 reset Cortana missing [​IMG]

Cortana Missing, Jul 16, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Jul 16, 2016
  5. OSE
    Ose Win User
    I tried option two but after pasting the Cortana code into the search window on my screens bottom left (next to the Win start button), It just stopped proceeding to wherever that link was going. I'm surprised that a fix to a missing Cortana is clipping and pasting code.

6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    How does it work if you run the command in a command prompt instead?

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. After W10 reset Cortana missing - Similar Threads - W10 reset Cortana

2. Display not working after W10 Reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Display not working after W10 Reset: Good evening, everyone I have an older laptop, HP Envy 17, which came with W8 but I upgraded to W10 It has been disturbing, being very slow so I did a reset on it. It couldn’t carry out the reset, after it went through the whole process, it just said failed then returned...
  3. Display not working after W10 Reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Display not working after W10 Reset: Good evening, everyone I have an older laptop, HP Envy 17, which came with W8 but I upgraded to W10 It has been disturbing, being very slow so I did a reset on it. It couldn’t carry out the reset, after it went through the whole process, it just said failed then returned...
  4. Cortana Missing

in Cortana
    Cortana Missing: My Laptop Cortana is missing any ideas pls ASAP https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-missing/92d293bb-d5d4-4441-91f0-42d69425d6d9
  5. Network Reset after W10 Updates!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network Reset after W10 Updates!: I've posted this issue in the past (this has been a problem for years) but maybe there has been a better way to resolve developed since then? Every #$%ing time W10 does one of its Cumm Updates I have to go into each computer and "Reset Network" in order to get that computer...
  6. Missing Cortana

in Cortana
    Missing Cortana: My PC restarted itself without telling me and then it took time to reboot to my desktop. Now what i dont see is cortona button missing. I am sure windows have done something to this. How can i get that button back?...
  7. Cortana is missing!

in Cortana
    Cortana is missing!: Previously I was using a windows pirated version, now I have upgraded to a genuine version. Now I am trying to access cortana on my new OS, but I am unable to do so. The icon is missing and I tried right clicking on an empty taskbar, still I couldn't find any option. Please...
  8. cortana is missing

in Cortana
    cortana is missing: i cannot find cortana anywhere on my system at all, so i can not activate her. can someone please help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-is-missing/39068d54-b536-49ca-82d3-9ae49a166640"
  9. Cortana is missing

Cortana is missing: I don't have the icon for Cortana When I right click on the task bar I do not see the option for Cortana so I am unable to turn the icon on Searching settings doesn't help How do I turn Cortana on? I am using 1903 18323.1 126232
  10. Apps Missing after W10 Update

Apps Missing after W10 Update: Okay so when i installed W10 to my Laptop it originally installed a bunch of Microsoft Apps. This i didn't mind. The problem I have now is after its first update I found a lot of these Apps are set to my default Apps, that they no longer work and they are now sitting in a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cortana missing w10

2. how to reset cortana microphone