Windows 10: After waking up from sleep

Discus and support After waking up from sleep in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; After waking up from sleep, how do I require a password sign-in. I don't want anyone to wake up my computer and see my desktop. Want to require my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by RumbellisRobinson, May 23, 2020.

1. After waking up from sleep

After waking up from sleep, how do I require a password sign-in. I don't want anyone to wake up my computer and see my desktop. Want to require my password to be entered to get access.

:)

RumbellisRobinson, May 23, 2020

2. wake from sleep issue in windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your reply. Apologize for the delay in response.

I suggest you to check which devices are configured to wake up the computer from sleep by following the steps below:

• Right click on Start icon and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type the command line below:
    Powercfg /devicequery wake_armed

3. Check if the devices (Keyboard, Mouse, Ethernet cable) are listed.

If the system is not going to sleep and going to Hybernate, the only option to wake up is to press the Power button.

Hope the information is helpful.

Eeshwar Kumar, May 23, 2020
  3. Sleep / Wake Function, malfunctions after waking

Hi,

Issues that arise after waking up the PC from sleep mode might have been caused by a software conflict or system file corruption. For us to clarify the issue, we would like to ask these questions:

• What is the exact issue that you are experiencing?
    • Did you notice any recent system changes prior to this issue?
    • Have you encountered any error message?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

If you are having issues waking your PC from sleep, we suggest running the
    Power troubleshooter
    as an initial troubleshooting. Kindly follow these steps:

• Click on Start.
    • Type Troubleshoot, and then press Enter.
    • Under Find and fix other problems, click on Power.
    • Click on Run the troubleshooter button.
    • Follow the onscreen guide.

We will wait for your response.

Janeane Cru, May 23, 2020
  4. dalchina Win User

After waking up from sleep

Stay in sleep and wake with spacebar

Hi, you can disable hibernation if you wish:
    Enable or Disable Hibernate in Windows 10

This depends what devices are able to wake your PC. You can list these:

Powercfg /devicequery /.......
    Description:
    Returns a list of devices that meet the specified criteria.

Parameter List:
    <QUERYFLAG> Specifies one of the following criteria:

wake_from_S1_supported ....Return all devices that support waking the system
    from a light sleep state.
    wake_from_S2_supported ....Return all devices that support waking the system
    from a deeper sleep state.
    wake_from_S3_supported ....Return all devices that support waking the system
    from the deepest sleep state.
    wake_from_any ......................Return all devices that support waking the system
    from any sleep state.

S1_supported List devices supporting light sleep.
    S2_supported List devices supporting deeper sleep.
    S3_supported List devices supporting deepest sleep.
    S4_supported List devices supporting hibernation.
    wake_programmable List devices that are user-configurable to wake
    the system from a sleep state.
    wake_armed List devices that are currently configured to
    wake the system from any sleep state.
    all_devices Return all devices present in the system.

Examples:
    POWERCFG /DEVICEQUERY wake_armed

dalchina, May 23, 2020
Thema:

After waking up from sleep

1. After waking up from sleep - Similar Threads - waking sleep

2. No sound after waking up from sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No sound after waking up from sleep: I just clean installed my windows 10, and I have been dealing with this issue with the sound on both my monitor with built in speakers would be gone after waking up from sleep mode. To be clear: I have 2 monitors with built in speakers, one connected to my hdmi and another...
  3. My PC keeps waking up from sleep every time I wake my laptop from sleep.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My PC keeps waking up from sleep every time I wake my laptop from sleep.: The subject is pretty self-explaining I guess. I run the same Windows 10 updates and everything is identical and up to date all the time. I'm not sure if someone is having the same issue or maybe other people just turn their PC off when they're not using it but I'm more a...
  4. My Windows 10 Laptop Wakes from Sleep Mode Every 3 Hours

My Windows 10 Laptop Wakes from Sleep Mode Every 3 Hours: I've read many Microsoft Community threads about people's computers waking up by themselves from Sleep Mode, and all the suggested fixes given. I have tried every setting suggested in all of those threads to try and fix this issue - none of them have worked. I have spent...
  5. W10 PC waking from sleep every time immediately.

W10 PC waking from sleep every time immediately.: Hello, I'm not an expert and any help would be greatly appreciated. W10 PC, keeps waking from Sleep. A few months ago, this would happen occasionally. I could not find anything for this. I did in power options set the "allow wake timers" to disable. That fixed the problem,...
  6. DisplayPort behaves like it's been disconnected for a split-second after waking from sleep,...

DisplayPort behaves like it's been disconnected for a split-second after waking from sleep,...: I am not the first person to have this problem, but solutions I've found in other threads did not work for me. I have several monitors, and just added a new DisplayPort one to use as Primary. If I manually power off/sleep my PC, no problems with windows/display arrangement....
  7. When pc wakes from sleep my cursor is moving across the screen

in Windows 10 Support
    When pc wakes from sleep my cursor is moving across the screen: When my PC comes out of hybrid sleep the keyboard cursor moves from left to right (In any open window) as if Im holding down the spacebar, If a window isnt open Im unable to click on anything. Its worth mentioning that as soon as I hit enter or spacebar etc. it stops until of...
  8. My laptop won't wake up from sleep and doesn't shut down

My laptop won't wake up from sleep and doesn't shut down: Hi there, I recently "reinstalled" windows 10 because the laptop was too slow. Since the reinstallation, whenever it goes on sleep mode it doesn't wake up. Also, my laptop doesn't shut down properly. The power button stays on even after shutting down the laptop. I have...
  9. Require PIN when waking from sleep

Require PIN when waking from sleep: Hi, So I've configured my security settings to always require PIN when waking from sleep. Every morning i click my keyboard or mouse to wake from sleep and it opens right up, no request to enter PIN. Anyone else come across this or figure out a fix? Thanks! submitted by...
  10. Cannot Wake Computer From Sleep Without Removing Components

Cannot Wake Computer From Sleep Without Removing Components: I am experiencing a strange issue with my computer waking up from sleep. Sometimes when I put my PC to sleep and I go to turn it on, the fans spin at their highest RPM and the only way to turn the computer on sometimes is to turn off the power supply, wait for the lights on...