Windows 10: After Windows 10 Defender Scan, Laptop does not want to boot up.

Discus and support After Windows 10 Defender Scan, Laptop does not want to boot up. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, Dell i7577 Specs: [Intel i7] [GTX 1060ti] [16 GB RAM] I have this laptop for the past 5 months. I ran Windows 10 Defender Offline Scan... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Bark_104, Jul 23, 2018.

1. Bark_104 Win User

After Windows 10 Defender Scan, Laptop does not want to boot up.

Hello,

Dell i7577

Specs:

[Intel i7]

[GTX 1060ti]

[16 GB RAM]

I have this laptop for the past 5 months. I ran Windows 10 Defender Offline Scan and the step required me to restart my laptop. After the laptop was shutting down for restart, I am unable to boot up again for the past 8 hours. When power button is pressed, only the backlight keyboard shines but with a black screen, and after waiting for a minutes hoping that it will load, the laptop will automatically shutoff. Please I need help, this is the first time this happened to me. I'm not an expert but I want to know if I could do anything to boot it on, before sending to Dell for repairs.

Thanks,

Bark_104

:)

Bark_104, Jul 23, 2018

2. Windows Defender Scans

Windows Defender is set to scan weekly but every time I boot up I get the message "Windows Defender needs to scan your computer". Sometimes I boot up once a day, sometimes I boot up 3 or 4 times in a day - has anyone any ideas as to why this is happening.

I am running Windows 10 (updated) and have CCleaner 5.25 - some suggestions say to un-check Windows Defender in CCleaner- but Windows Defender is not listed anywhere in CCleaner (I have gone through all the subheadings).

<Moved from Windows>

LesleyBate, Jul 23, 2018
  3. defender scans

Hi Ian,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

This issue might occur if you have set any task scheduler for Windows Defender.

I suggest you to delete the task for Windows defender and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Search and open Schedule tasks.

• In the left-hand menu, open the Task Scheduler Library, then select
      Microsoft >Windows >Windows Defender.

• Double-click Windows Defender Scheduled Scan.

• Select the Triggers panel, then select Delete.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Jul 23, 2018
  4. Brink Win User

Remove Scan with Windows Defender

I've updated step 3 in OPTION ONE below. It should work for you now. *Smile

Scan with Windows Defender Context Menu - Add in Windows 10

Brink, Jul 23, 2018
Thema:

1. After Windows 10 Defender Scan, Laptop does not want to boot up. - Similar Threads - Defender Scan Laptop

2. Defender Offline Scan does not scan

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Defender Offline Scan does not scan: I am currently running a Win10 21H2 with all latest and greatest updates.Admittedly a German version, so I may not get the titles for all menues and options 100% rightEarlier this week, Defender reported a .VBS script it had put into quarantine. Upon initial inspection, this...
  3. Defender Offline Scan does not scan

Defender Offline Scan does not scan: I am currently running a Win10 21H2 with all latest and greatest updates. Admittedly a German version, so I may not get the titles for all menues and options 100% right Earlier this week, Defender reported a .VBS script it had put into quarantine. Upon initial inspection,...
  4. Defender using Quick Scan but I want Full Scan

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Defender using Quick Scan but I want Full Scan: I've scheduled a Defender weekly run (which wasn't easy) but I find that it's using the Quick Scan option. I'd like it to do the Full Scan option. I went to Microsoft's "help" pages but they just led me around in circles. I this possible? Or am I barking into the wind?...
  5. Defender wants fast scan after every restart

Defender wants fast scan after every restart: I boot the computer running Windows 10 x64 DE 2004. I am logged with MS account and administrative rights. Defender Engine is 4.18.1909.6 In infobar the defender security icon schows an exclamation mark, it recommends a fast scan. I open defender and proceed the fast...
  6. Windows Defender does it scan archives?

Windows Defender does it scan archives?: Does Windows 10's Windows Defender scan archives by default ? I cannot find anything under options for "Archives specifically" so i assume its either on and can't be turned off, or it doesn't scan archives at all *.zip, *.rar, *.7z etc.. and compressed images .iso...
  7. laptop does not boot up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    laptop does not boot up: It stops with blue screen before booting Windows. It only get Choose an option choice https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-does-not-boot-up/27bde82d-cd0a-43c0-8a8e-b729aaab136e
  8. Surface Laptop does not want to Boot up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Surface Laptop does not want to Boot up: Good day! My Surface laptop does not want to boot up. It was working fine and then it started behaving strange. I restarted the laptop and from then on it did not want to boot up. I made a recovery usb boot disk according to the method you subscribe. I went through all the...
  9. Windows Defender boot time scan.

Windows Defender boot time scan.: I am running 1903 on 3 laptops and have not been able to get Window Defenders boot time scan to work on any of them. I assume this being that their is no clear visual indication that one is running as it supposedly scans and no where in the log does it indicate that a...
  10. When does Windows Defender scan?

When does Windows Defender scan?: If I download an exe file from someplace, does Defender scan the file immediately for possible problems or do I have to request the scan? Alfred 2987

Users found this page by searching for:

1. laptop wont do anything after a full defender scan

2. win 10 defender wants scan on every bootup