Windows 10: After Windows 10 update, items won't stay pinned to taskbar and Outlook must be reinstalled...

Discus and support After Windows 10 update, items won't stay pinned to taskbar and Outlook must be reinstalled... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Windows 10 updated June 24. Since then icons do not stay pinned to taskbar. I unpin the unwanted icons and pin the wanted ones. As soon as the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ThomasBStevenson, Jun 26, 2019.

1. After Windows 10 update, items won't stay pinned to taskbar and Outlook must be reinstalled...

Windows 10 updated June 24. Since then icons do not stay pinned to taskbar. I unpin the unwanted icons and pin the wanted ones. As soon as the machine hibernates or reboots, the default icons are restored and my choices are gone. Also each time I open Outlook I have to log in and set up my account. Often Outlook does not open by says "processing" but does nothing. Is there a solution to these problems?

:)

ThomasBStevenson, Jun 26, 2019
  2. eidairaman1, Jun 26, 2019
  3. Moving pinned items on Windows 10 taskbar

Thanks for your reply.

Just in case this was a result of a poor description of the problem by me, I will explain in detail.

I have Excel permanently pinned to the taskbar. When I right click the Excel tile, the context menu shows a list of Pinned items at the top and Recent items below that. I believe these are called jump lists.

When I hover over an item on the Pinned list a push pin (), overlaid with a no entry sign (), is displayed to the right of the item.

I can click on the pin to unpin it from the pinned list.

Under Windows 7, I was able to left click on an item in the pinned list and drag it up or down to a different position in the list. This drag and drop functionality has never worked for me under Windows 10. As I noted in my original post,
    the only way to resequence pinned items it to unpin all items then repin in the desired sequence.

Do you know if the drag/drop functionality will be re-introduced in the Windows 10 anniversary update?

davecope22, Jun 26, 2019
  4. After Windows 10 update, items won't stay pinned to taskbar and Outlook must be reinstalled...

Moving pinned items on Windows 10 taskbar

In Windows 7 you could drag a pinned item on a taskbar tile to move it up and down the list of pinned items.

This drag/drop functionality is not available in Windows 10 - I read somewhere that the only way to resquequence pinned items it to unpin all items then repin in the desired sequence.

This is a pain.

Does anyone know if the drag/drop functionality will be re-introduced in the Windows 10 anniversary update?

Thanks

davecope22, Jun 26, 2019
Thema:

After Windows 10 update, items won't stay pinned to taskbar and Outlook must be reinstalled...

1. After Windows 10 update, items won't stay pinned to taskbar and Outlook must be reinstalled... - Similar Threads - update items won't

2. cannot pin outlook to taskbar windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot pin outlook to taskbar windows 10: Hey guys,I've tried all three ways I know to pin my Outlook desktop client to my taskbar in Windows 10, but none work:1 Drag and Drop: when I drag the icon over the taskbar I see a 'Do Not Enter' sign and the icon will not pin2 Right-clicking on the icon on my desktop: there...
  3. cannot pin outlook to taskbar windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    cannot pin outlook to taskbar windows 10: Hey guys,I've tried all three ways I know to pin my Outlook desktop client to my taskbar in Windows 10, but none work:1 Drag and Drop: when I drag the icon over the taskbar I see a 'Do Not Enter' sign and the icon will not pin2 Right-clicking on the icon on my desktop: there...
  4. Windows 11 Taskbar Items Not Staying On Top

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Taskbar Items Not Staying On Top: I'm not sure of the exact circumstances, but often when I highlight and select an open application in my taskbar, the window for that item flashes quickly on screen, and I'm assuming is brought to front and put in focus, before returning to where it was. For example, if I...
  5. Windows 11 Taskbar Items Not Staying On Top

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Taskbar Items Not Staying On Top: I'm not sure of the exact circumstances, but often when I highlight and select an open application in my taskbar, the window for that item flashes quickly on screen, and I'm assuming is brought to front and put in focus, before returning to where it was. For example, if I...
  6. Related to taskbar pinned items.

Related to taskbar pinned items.: I accidently pinned my local drive D to the right side of the taskbar but now I am unable to figure out how to remove it from there. Kindly someone help me with a solution....
  7. Items pinned to Taskbar disappear

Items pinned to Taskbar disappear: Windows 10 Pro 20H2 OS Build 19042.630 Pinned apps Messenger and Skype do not stay pinned to taskbar Re-pinned several times, but disappear after next re-boot Other pinned apps remain pinned, no issues Other apps pinned BEFORE the update remain pinned, no issues All...
  8. Icon staying pinned to taskbar

Icon staying pinned to taskbar: I pin messenger icon to my taskbar - it stays for a couple of hours then disappears. How do I get it to stay? I have clicked pin to taskbar and it stays then goes. I want it to stay...
  9. Applications Won't Stay Pinned to Taskbar - Dell XPS Windows 10

Applications Won't Stay Pinned to Taskbar - Dell XPS Windows 10: Hey there, I have a Dell XPS running Windows 10 64 bit that is <1 week old, and I can't seem to figure out why my applications won't stay pinned to the taskbar. When I drag an app icon onto the taskbar (or right click and select "Pin to taskbar"), the application will...
  10. Taskbar pinned items

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar pinned items: I use a couple taskbar pinned websites. Namely Facebook and Amazon. These are pinned from IE11 since Edge doesn't support. Useful and if I right click all sorts of handy shortcut. However, initially the pinned icon (or favicon) was the nice 64x64 type but over time the icons...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. messenger doesnt stay pinned in taskbar

2. how to force taskbar to stay in second screen?

3. windows 10 not staying on taskbar

4. outlook to-do bar wont stay,
  5. messenger disappears from taskbar,
  6. slack wont stay pinned to taskbar,
  7. why do my pins on the taskbar not stay,
  8. why wont apps stay on my taskbar,
  9. WHY ISNT EDGE SAVING PINNED ITEMS,
  10. pinned applications dont remain on taskbar,
  11. items wont stay on taskbar,
  12. why doesnt messenger stay pinned to task bar,
  13. items not staying on taskbar after reboot,
  14. links wont stay available on taskbar,