Windows 10: Re-register Start Menu in Windows 10

Discus and support Re-register Start Menu in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Re-register Start Menu in Windows 10 How to Re-register Start Menu in Windows 10 [img] Information Apps, settings, and files can all be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Jul 17, 2015.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Re-register Start Menu in Windows 10

How to: Re-register Start Menu in Windows 10

How to Re-register Start Menu in Windows 10

Re-register Start Menu in Windows 10 [​IMG]
    Information Apps, settings, and files can all be found on the Start menu.

If the Start menu is not working, then re-registering the Start menu may help fix it.

This tutorial will show you how to re-register the Start menu for only your account (current user) or all users in Windows 10.

CONTENTS:

OPTION ONE [/i] Re-register Start Menu for Only Current User
    1. Open PowerShell.

2. Copy and paste the command below into PowerShell, and press Enter. (see screenshots below)

*Arrow Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.Windows.ShellExperienceHost | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

3. When finished, you can close PowerShell if you like.

OPTION TWO [/i] Re-register Start Menu for All Users

Note You must be signed in as an administrator to be able to do this option.

1. Open an elevated PowerShell.

2. Copy and paste the command below into the elevated PowerShell, and press Enter. (see screenshots below)

*Arrow Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers Microsoft.Windows.ShellExperienceHost | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

3. When finished, you can close the elevated PowerShell if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Jul 17, 2015
  2. scevism Win User
    scevism, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Jetster Win User
    Jetster, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Re-register Start Menu in Windows 10

Windows 10 Start menu issue

yeah I've been less than happy with the start menu also.
    for me I for me I get freezes in start menu, especialy returning from sleep...which reminds me sleep is such a pain in the butt since I switch to Windows 10. Either waking up on its own, or system freezes when recovering from sleep

Stardock was a nice switch from vanilla, but i wasnt gonna buy it and 30 days goes by quick.

jboydgolfer, Oct 26, 2019
  5. Start menu is not working on Windows 10

Hi,

Iunderstand the frustration if things are not working fine as expected.

Please help us with below details,

• When you say "If I sign in under my user name I am in some earlier version", which version you are referring to?

• Did you made any recent changes to your computer prior to the issue?

• When you say “I cannot access the start menu and am limited to IP as a browser” Is it refers to Microsoft Edge?

As an initial steps, I suggest you to check for the Windows version. To do so, follow the below steps:

1) Login to your computer through user name on which it show earlier version of Windows.

2) Press Windows key + r.

3) Type winver, hit enter.

For the issue related to start menu, I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft help article and check,

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...ubleshoot-problems-opening-start-menu-cortana

Reply with results and necessary information to help you further.

Thank you.

Krishna Priya V, Oct 26, 2019
  6. Start menu not working

I found the following article, ran the suggested powershell command and my start menu is working again. Here it is as I found it:
    Go to Start menu button and right click on it. This will open the contextual menu, after which you need to select Command Prompt (Admin). Once Command Prompt is open, go ahead with the following steps.

• Type and enter: Powershell
    • Type the following: Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}

Don Donadio, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

Re-register Start Menu in Windows 10

1. Re-register Start Menu in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - register Start Menu

2. Is re-registering the start menu safe in windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is re-registering the start menu safe in windows 11?: Is this a good source to use to do it with: How to Re-Register the Start menu in Windows 11 winaero.com https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-re-registering-the-start-menu-safe-in-windows/3e21c174-347d-493a-8e43-17a1658c3ff9
  3. Is re-registering the start menu safe in windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is re-registering the start menu safe in windows 11?: Is this a good source to use to do it with: How to Re-Register the Start menu in Windows 11 winaero.com https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-re-registering-the-start-menu-safe-in-windows/3e21c174-347d-493a-8e43-17a1658c3ff9
  4. Class not registered and start menu not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Class not registered and start menu not working: This problem cropped up recently on my Windows 10 laptop. I have run SFC and DISM to no avail. Tried repairing windows, ended up losing data and users, ending up with the defaultuser0 problem. I managed to create an admin account in safe mode command prompt. Tried to...
  5. Class not registered and start menu does not show

in Cortana
    Class not registered and start menu does not show: I have tried the task manager solution but in task manager the task were hidden and could not apply the fixed described on the community. Even tried the command prompt as an administrator but I could not get into the command prompt as an administrator. What worked for me...
  6. Re-install Windows 10 start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Re-install Windows 10 start menu: I want to revert to using the Windows 10 start menu. I am currently using the 'classic' start menu since I originally installed Win 8/Win10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/re-install-windows-10-start-menu/47602165-3d4c-47e6-9c0f-2315a45926e1
  7. re fresh win10 start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    re fresh win10 start menu: My start menu stopped working but strangely enough it did not take out the store,search or settings. I tooled around trying to deal with Tile Data Layer stopped State Repository Service deleted the folder did nto seem to help so I used a reset win10 update bat and it fired it...
  8. Re-register Store app in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Re-register Store app in Windows 10: How to: Re-register Microsoft Store app in Windows 10 How to Re-register Microsoft Store app in Windows 10 The Microsoft Store app in Windows 10 offers various apps, games, music, movies & TV, and books that users can browse through, purchase, or get for free to...
  9. Reinstall and Re-register Cortana in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Reinstall and Re-register Cortana in Windows 10: How to: Reinstall and Re-register Cortana in Windows 10 How to Reinstall and Re-register Cortana in Windows 10 Cortana is your cloud-based personal assistant that works across your devices and other Microsoft services. Depending on the capabilities of your device and...
  10. Reinstall and Re-register Apps in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Reinstall and Re-register Apps in Windows 10: How to: Reinstall and Re-register Apps in Windows 10 How to Reinstall and Re-register All Built-in Windows Apps in Windows 10 This tutorial will show you how to reinstall and re-register all built-in Windows apps for your user account or all user accounts in Windows 10....