Windows 10: Airplane mode unable to be disabled, WIFI unable to be enabled!!!

Discus and support Airplane mode unable to be disabled, WIFI unable to be enabled!!! in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My computer is in Airplane mode all the time. If i try to turn on Wi-Fi it does not work. If I go to Airplane mode, the toggle off option is grayed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ralphbram, Oct 3, 2019.

1. ralphbram Win User

Airplane mode unable to be disabled, WIFI unable to be enabled!!!

My computer is in Airplane mode all the time. If i try to turn on Wi-Fi it does not work.
    If I go to Airplane mode, the toggle off option is grayed out. I tried to enable and disable, uninstall and re install the driver, I also updated it using Ethernet, I and change in advance options. Nothing seem to work!!!!!!!!::*Mad*Mad*Mad

:)

ralphbram, Oct 3, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Disabling Airplane Mode from Safe-Mode Cmd Prompt

Hello DeepM, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

If you are able to sign in to an administrator account, you could use option 4 in the tutorial below to turn off Airplane mode via registry.

Turn On or Off Airplane Mode in Windows 10

If you are unable to sign in to an available administrator account, you could enable the built-in Administrator account in a command prompt at boot using option 5 in the tutorial below. Afterwards, you can sign in to it to turn off Airplane mode using any option from the tutorial above.

Enable or Disable Elevated Administrator account in Windows 10

Brink, Oct 3, 2019
  3. How to disable Airplane mode permanently on Windows 10?

Hi Hunky,

As you are facing issues with turning on or off Airplane on your device, do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know if you have made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?

The option you are looking for to permanently disable Airplane mode is unfortunately not available.

Let us try few of the below troubleshooting steps to disable Airplane mode and check if it helps.

Step 1: To turn off Airplane mode from Settings and check.

• Press Windows key, click on Settings
      from the left pane.
    • Click on Network & Internet.
    • Under Airplane mode turn it off and check.

Step 2: To Turn On or Off Airplane Mode in Network Notification Area Icon

• Click on the Network icon in the taskbar notification area.

• Click on the Airplane mode button to toggle on or off.

Step 3: To Turn On or Off Airplane Mode in Action Center

• Open Action Center by clicking Windows + A keys from keyboard.

• Click on the Airplane mode quick action button to toggle on or off.

If the settings are not refining, this issue might have occurred due to corrupted/ missing system files.

Step 4: I suggest you to run SFC scan and check if it helps.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files. If a
    Windows Resource Protection (WRP) file is missing or is corrupted, Windows may not behave as expected.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.
    • After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with updated status of disabling the Airplane mode for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 3, 2019
  4. Airplane mode unable to be disabled, WIFI unable to be enabled!!!

Not able to disable Airplane mode in Windows 10.

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in system settings.

To assist you better, please provided us the information below:

• Are you getting any error message when you try to turn off the Airplane mode?
    • When you say that "TRIED 3 DIFFERENT METHODS I FOUND ", what are the troubleshooting steps which you have tried to performed for resolving the issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below to disable Airplane mode in Windows 10 and check if it helps.

1. Click on Start Menu.

2. Then choose Settings,

3. Select Network & Internet.

4. Click on Airplane mode.

5. Then turn off Airplane mode.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with turning off airplane mode, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Oct 3, 2019
Thema:

Airplane mode unable to be disabled, WIFI unable to be enabled!!!

1. Airplane mode unable to be disabled, WIFI unable to be enabled!!! - Similar Threads - Airplane mode unable

2. Unable to get out of airplane mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to get out of airplane mode: Recently, I got a new computer because my old one was bad, so I was excited to get this new one. However, when I first opened it up, I noticed that it was set to 'airplane mode' for some reason. I searched everywhere in settings, and there was no 'turn off airplane mode'...
  3. Unable to get out of airplane mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to get out of airplane mode: Recently, I got a new computer because my old one was bad, so I was excited to get this new one. However, when I first opened it up, I noticed that it was set to 'airplane mode' for some reason. I searched everywhere in settings, and there was no 'turn off airplane mode'...
  4. Unable to get out of airplane mode

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. WIFI to AIRPLANE MODE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WIFI to AIRPLANE MODE: Dear team,Can you please assist, my laptop WIFI automatically changes to AIRPLANE mode, from AIRPLANE mode to wifi, its keep changing without control. I tried couple of options but does not help, recently have change from Hard drive to SSD card.Ex: Resetting networks, turning...
  6. Unable to turn off airplane mode.

Unable to turn off airplane mode.: My laptop lenovo ideapad 310, I'm unable to turn off the airplane mode. It's all grayed. What should I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-turn-off-airplane-mode/3b02be8e-4de7-44fd-8354-ceb8e0b9eae8
  7. dell laptop stuck in airplane mode. unable to turn on wifi

dell laptop stuck in airplane mode. unable to turn on wifi: my dell laptop is stuck in airplane mode and will not reset. I can not turn on wireless connection. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dell-laptop-stuck-in-airplane-mode-unable-to-turn/b0ceba85-1066-45e7-a395-29cfe7edc8b9
  8. dell laptop stuck in airplane mode. unable to turn on wifi

dell laptop stuck in airplane mode. unable to turn on wifi: my dell laptop is stuck in airplane mode and will not reset. I can not turn on wireless connection. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/dell-laptop-stuck-in-airplane-mode-unable-to-turn/b0ceba85-1066-45e7-a395-29cfe7edc8b9
  9. Unable to switch OFF/ON airplane mode.

Unable to switch OFF/ON airplane mode.: dear community i have installed windows 10 in my laptop and installed all drivers, everything was fine. but after updating through internet to latest version of window 10, i am unable to switch off airplane mode, that's why am also unable to use internet through wifi & also...
  10. Unable to turn airplane mode off

Unable to turn airplane mode off: Our HP Laptop model#C2N76UA#ABA. Did a windows 10 update and now the wireless does not work. I am able to plug in an Ethernet cable and can surf the web, but no wireless. It seems as if it is in air plane mode all the time. If I place the pointer over the network icon in the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. network and internet settings airplane mode enabled and greyed out