Windows 10: Alarm issue

Discus and support Alarm issue in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi I have a PC running Windows 10, and also a Microsoft Lumia win 10 mobile Just recently, my PC and my mobile have been too much in sync with each... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Bolter, Jun 24, 2017.

1. Bolter Win User

Alarm issue

Hi I have a PC running Windows 10, and also a Microsoft Lumia win 10 mobile

Just recently, my PC and my mobile have been too much in sync with each other, because, if I set an alarm on my phone, the same alarm then sounds on my PC through the speakers, which can be V loud! Its never ever done this before this past couple of weeks.

Anyone know how to turn the alarm sync off? I cant find anything in my alarm settings on either device.

Any help greatly appreciated! *Smile

:)

Bolter, Jun 24, 2017

2. Alarm Issue

Hello,

I'm having an issue with the alarm on my Lumia 950XL. I set the alarm up in the evening as usual, for example I'll use the following settings:

Time: 06:00

Repeats: Only Once

Sound: Windows Alert

Snooze Time: 10 Minutes

I then adjust the volume to what I want it to be and the alarm then goes off the following day as usual and expected. The following evening I then change the alarm to the following settings:

Time: 06:15

Sound: Windows Alert

Then I hit save. The following day the alarm goes off at the expected time however the Sound has changed (back to default?) and it's as if the volume is up loud. I check the settings and the following is displayed:

Time: 6:15

Sound:

Now I know for a fact I'm not sleeping through the alarm because I'm a very light sleeper, hence why I set the volume down low.

The app version is 10.1511.65020.0

Any ideas?

Cheers Alarm issue :).

I Spiritus I, Jun 24, 2017
  3. Alarm Issue

Now I know for a fact I'm not sleeping through the alarm because I'm a very light sleeper, hence why I set the volume down low.

It is just me probably being just a little too finicky , but I prefer to call these alerts as on a phone you really should be awake as it is to alert you

Ok, as you know many many problems with the 950 /950XL so could be part and parcel so any easy test

NO PROBLEMS ONCE SET UP DISMISSED / SNOOZE THE ALARM ALERT SOUND IS THE SAME, IE SET

{TEST IS TWO MINUTES IN THE FUTURE so i could run}

I think the problem is "Only Once" which may reset the sound to default { as mine work can't test yours).... SO

If you set alert it activates you reset it and save it if has defaulted if you can check before it sound as it would have defaulted so not there Sound:

if it is still thereSound: Windows Alert and it defaulted it is the 950

WORKAROUND change up change back then save ie movement within the sounds should save it if it is the 950?

Do let me know

Philip Anderson's Mother's Son, Jun 24, 2017
  4. dencal Win User

Alarm issue

Open Settings....in box "Find a Setting" type sync.......this will reveal all available options

dencal, Jun 24, 2017
  5. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Jun 24, 2017
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Glad we could help. *Smile

Brink, Jun 25, 2017
  7. Bolter Win User
    Bolter, Jun 25, 2017
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member
  9. Bolter Win User
    Bolter, Jun 25, 2017
  10. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Jun 25, 2017
  11. Bolter Win User

Thanks for helping me, most appreciated mate!

Bolter, Jun 25, 2017
  12. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Jun 25, 2017
  13. Bolter Win User

Alarm issue

thankyou kind sir! I will report back if that sorts it *Smile

Bolter, Jun 27, 2017
  14. Bolter Win User
    Reporting back.......

All sorted! Thanks for the help!

Bolter, Jul 5, 2017
  15. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Great news. I'm glad it could help. *Smile

Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Alarm issue

1. Alarm issue - Similar Threads - Alarm issue

2. Set custom tones for Alarm in windows 11 PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Set custom tones for Alarm in windows 11 PC: How can I add my own alarm tone in the windows 11 clock app ?I tried renaming Alarm10.wav to Alarm10.bak, move my own wav file to the media folder and rename it Alarm10.wav but now in the clock app when i create an alarm and want to change the alarm tone to the one i changed,...
  3. Set custom tones for Alarm in windows 11 PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Set custom tones for Alarm in windows 11 PC: How can I add my own alarm tone in the windows 11 clock app ?I tried renaming Alarm10.wav to Alarm10.bak, move my own wav file to the media folder and rename it Alarm10.wav but now in the clock app when i create an alarm and want to change the alarm tone to the one i changed,...
  4. Windows 10 Alarms & Clock

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Alarms & Clock: Hello, I wanted to know if there is a way of adding your own custom alarms to the Alarms & Clocks App. I looked it up and could only find answers from a few years ago that do not work. I love the feature, But would much rather wake up to The Police than to Regular alarm...
  5. Windows 10 Alarms & Clock

Windows 10 Alarms & Clock: Hello, I wanted to know if there is a way of adding your own custom alarms to the Alarms & Clocks App. I looked it up and could only find answers from a few years ago that do not work. I love the feature, But would much rather wake up to The Police than to Regular alarm...
  6. Alarm Clock Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Alarm Clock Issue: Not that reference numbers really mean anything but here you go - [[ 1034096431 - alarm clock issue - every time I set my default audio from headset to surround, my alarm clock on my desktop stops working. I even sat and waited for it to go off yesterday morning and it never...
  7. Alarm Clock Issue

Alarm Clock Issue: Not that reference numbers really mean anything but here you go - [[ 1034096431 - alarm clock issue - every time I set my default audio from headset to surround, my alarm clock on my desktop stops working. I even sat and waited for it to go off yesterday morning and it never...
  8. Alarm Clock Issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Use of Zone Alarm Firewall causing initial issue.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Use of Zone Alarm Firewall causing initial issue.: Whenever I boot up to Win 10 the Windows security shield icon is red for a couple of minutes or so before turning green. I discovered the cause was down to my use of ZoneAlarm as my firewall instead of the Windows one. Looking at my Zone Alarm config, it states I'm protected...
  10. alarms and clock youtube issues?

in Cortana
    alarms and clock youtube issues?: I have my alarms set for 30 minutes, it works perfectly fine other than when I am using youtube and full screen a video, I can be on youtube watching videos when its not fullscreen and the alarm will go off but if a video is full screen it will not go off but will have...