Windows 10: Alias

Discus and support Alias in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I received an email stating a tax invoice was available for my Office account. It was sent by Microsoft. When I tried to log on, I was asked to set... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by JTarwood, Oct 14, 2018.

1. JTarwood Win User

Alias

I received an email stating a tax invoice was available for my Office account. It was sent by Microsoft. When I tried to log on, I was asked to set up anew alias. It wouldn't accept my standard email. When i attempted to add another, it said it was already registered. I had to change my password to enter--a text message was sent to my phone. I was able to change the password, but was caught again in the same loop. I then cleared the form and entered via a security code sent to my email. I was able to enter. This had no invoice., nor did it have my current number. When I attempted to add it, I was informed it was already registered. I tried to contact a human at the help line and failed. I do not understand the situation. I am not even sure if my account was hacked.

:)

JTarwood, Oct 14, 2018

2. I would like to change my windows live account which was a vz email acct that now has an outlook.com alias and start over with only a windows live login/ no alias.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you.

I will certainly help you.

Let us try the following steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Remove an alias

I suggest you to refer to the section Remove an alias from your account from the below link.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/outlook/add-alias-account

Step 2: To create a new account.

• Click on Go to Outloo.com on this page.
    • Click on Sign up now.
    • Follow the onscreen instructions.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you have any further query on Windows, we are glad to assist you

Abdul_Malik, Oct 14, 2018
  3. Domain alias

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Please answer the following questions so that we can help you.

• Which domain alias are you referring to?

• How did you delete your domain alias?
    Your question does not contain all the required information needed for us to help you. I suggest you to provide more details regarding the issue you’re facing, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Oct 14, 2018
  4. Alias

Unable to change primary alias - Microsoft Account

Hi John,

As per the description, you are experiencing issue with you are unable to change the primary alias for your Microsoft account on the system.

I certainly understand your concern and appreciate all your efforts in trying to fix this issue.

I would like to provide you with the information that
    an account alias is an email address or phone number that you use to sign in to your Microsoft account. You can have multiple aliases, and use any of them with Microsoft services such as Outlook.com, Skype, OneDrive,
    Office, Xbox, Windows and more.

Your primary alias appears on devices such as your Xbox, Surface, and Windows Phone, and is the email OneDrive sends from when you share. You can choose a different alias to be the primary one at any time.

An alias is also the best way to change your email, but keep all your mail.
    Add an alias, then make the new alias primary. Then you can
    keep or remove the original alias.

I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if that helps.

Note: The email alias at the top of the list without a Make primary link is your current primary alias.

• Uncheck the Send me promotional offers from Microsoft box if you like, and click/tap on Yes to confirm.
    You may also try the following steps given below and check if that helps.

• Navigate to Start>Settings>Account>Your Account.
    • In the right pane, click on Sign in with a local account instead.
    • Provide your current Microsoft Account Password.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions.
    • You can leave the Enter Password option empty, however, it is highly recommended to keep a password on your system to keep it safe.

For reference:

I would suggest you to refer to the article given below and check if that helps.

Microsoft account help

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/products/microsoft-account

I hope this information is helpful.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Jayant Gupta, Oct 14, 2018
Thema:

Alias

1. Alias - Similar Threads - Alias

2. Error: "This alias cannot be added to your account. Choose a different alias." When trying...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error: "This alias cannot be added to your account. Choose a different alias." When trying...: I am attempting to add my phone number to my Microsoft account, but I keep getting the error message:"This alias cannot be added to your account. Choose a different alias."This occurs after I enter the phone number, followed by a entering a verification code sent directly to...
  3. Error: "This alias cannot be added to your account. Choose a different alias." When trying...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error: "This alias cannot be added to your account. Choose a different alias." When trying...: I am attempting to add my phone number to my Microsoft account, but I keep getting the error message:"This alias cannot be added to your account. Choose a different alias."This occurs after I enter the phone number, followed by a entering a verification code sent directly to...
  4. I want to change my alias but it is not accepting my gmail account.

in Windows 10 Customization
    I want to change my alias but it is not accepting my gmail account.: Hi there,I am trying to add another Windows alias, but it is not accepting my gmail account: "This address was already used. Choose another."Why is that???...
  5. I want to change my alias but it is not accepting my gmail account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to change my alias but it is not accepting my gmail account.: Hi there,I am trying to add another Windows alias, but it is not accepting my gmail account: "This address was already used. Choose another."Why is that???...
  6. I want to change my alias but it is not accepting my gmail account.

7. When I tried to redeem the points, it said that I need to have a phone number as an alias,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I tried to redeem the points, it said that I need to have a phone number as an alias,...: When I tried to redeem the points it said that I need to have a phone number as an alias but it said that verification method isn’t worth no right now. What do I do?...
  8. When I tried to redeem the points, it said that I need to have a phone number as an alias,...

When I tried to redeem the points, it said that I need to have a phone number as an alias,...: When I tried to redeem the points it said that I need to have a phone number as an alias but it said that verification method isn’t worth no right now. What do I do?...
  9. How to delete alias from MFA?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to delete alias from MFA?: When I initially established my Microsoft account many years ago, I used my then-current email address. I have since migrated to a different email address; and although I still have access to the old address, I don't use it -- and I don't expect to retain that access for much...
  10. How to delete alias from MFA?

How to delete alias from MFA?: When I initially established my Microsoft account many years ago, I used my then-current email address. I have since migrated to a different email address; and although I still have access to the old address, I don't use it -- and I don't expect to retain that access for much...